Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time based auto scaling

Our production server workload is less after 5 pm till the next day morning at 6 am CST times. We are running MongoDB in full capacity even on off-peak times. It's not possible for someone to manually downscale the cluster during off-peak and I don't think the CPU utilization based auto-scaling is working for us. I would like to choose auto-scaling between CPU based or time based as set my own time window and choose the auto scale/down-sclae.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Since yesterday, I don't get the second factor authentication sent by SMS

When I log on, the sms for the second authent factor is not sent, I have to require one to get it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Atlas collection explorer UI: The list of collections should not scroll with the rest of the page

I work with hundreds of collections, and I have two issues with the UI that make a not optimal UX:
    - my collection names are large, and the collection list is not resizable.
    Alternatively to resizing, a popping up tooltip could show the full name of the collection being hovered with the pointer

• the list of collection scrolls with the rest of the page. when I want to search a collection at the bottom of the page I have to scroll down to select it, and then scroll up again to see the results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the capability to manage contact details for Atlas-level 'Teams'

There should be a capability to manage/assign contact details (such as email) at the Atlas level, to the created organizational 'Teams' (such as assigning a team distro email address), so that alerting can be streamlined, instead of sending out separate emails to each and every member of the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compact collection from UI

Compacting of a collection directly from the MongoDB Atlas website UI.

No need to run CLI commands and changing primary database.

Making regular maintenance easier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to create/update a temporary Database user using terraform

Hi
    Presently, we can only create permanent database users via Terraform Modules. The creation of temporary DB users is only allowed through the UI or by consuming MongoDb Atlas's APIs. In addition, the "deleteAfterDate" property is only applicable for a temporary user already existent. The point is to avoid using "null_resource" and "local-exec" in our Terraform Modules.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add truncate collection button, delete documents older than...

In the old interface we can truncate collections without using additional software, just using WEB GUI to keep small database size.
    It would be nice to have the ability to delete older documents. This option is usable for IOT or medical implementations (Nightscout).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Low latency Change Stream for Global Cluster in Atlas

our event-driven applications need to publish events to Kafka triggered by Change Stream feature. It works perfect in replicaset MongoDB cluster.

However, after migrating to Global Cluster in Atlas, the Change Stream cannot keep low latency because of ordering reason among shards.
    The latency may go up to 20 seconds when for a single change event.

It would be nice if application can receive Change Stream from the single shard only (not care about ordering among shards) to prevent latency.

The idea is to pass "location" options when starting the Change Stream cursor.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hourly backup retention

hourly backup retention. Why minimum a day, so 24 backups stored? For big databases, this is an amount of data and money

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More Fine-Grained Custom Roles

Our developers need to access databases from home or an office location from time to time.
    They are not Project Owners and should not have broad sweeping administrative privileges over the databases.
    In some cases they may be outsource workers who would only have read-only views on the data.
    However, they do need to be able to connect to the databases.
    Currently, you need a Project Owner role to be able to add an IP address to the whitelist and allow remote access.
    Please add the ability to create custom roles for Atlas users, which would enable us to create…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow log level to be configured per cluster/node

Atlas clusters don't support the setParameter command and, as a result, users aren't able to configure log levels. I understand the reasoning behind not exposing permissions to run setParameter to DB users so, in lieu of that, it would really helpful if Atlas users were able to configure log levels through the Atlas UI, preferably at the Node or Cluster level.

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disk queue length metric

Atlas exposes a few hardware metrics including Util% (presumably obtained from iostat or similar). However this metric is not very significant in the age of SSDs - a volume could be 100% utilized and still have spare capacity. A more useful storage-level metric is Average queue length - this is easier to interpret (high queue length = storage contention).

Would it be possible to add this metric to Atlas monitoring?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow to provide names/descriptions for peering connections

If the user has 3 peering connections in a project, it's error prone terminating one, as you may end the connection with the wrong VPC and cause a disaster. Adding a description field allows to clearly see the purpose of the peering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support optional fallback to source cluster after cutover in Live Migration

Live Migrate allows for migrations from non-Atlas clusters into Atlas by syncing data from the source to the Atlas destination, and then cutting over the application to direct workload to the destination.

It's possible to test the application on the destination before cutover, but after cutover, there's no way to sync data in reverse in case unforeseen issues arise and it's necessary to fall back to the source (or another) cluster again.

Having a "fallback sync" option could help with this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. real time view for just one node

Given that I address certain kinds of queries to certain tagged nodes,
    As a developer,
    I would like to filter the "real time view" tab to show only activity for my tags
    So that I can monitor how my application impacts its node

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. API Key Expiration date

We have a security reqirement that secrets must expire after 2 years.

Therefore it would be awesome if MongoDB Atlas API Keys would support an expiration date.

Somethig similar exists for the IP Whitelisting. Here we have the option to remove IP Whitelist entries after er certain time period. But for API Keys it would be better to have an expiration date and keep the API Key in the list even if its expired.

In addition it would be good to have a daily notification once the expiration date is ahead less than 30 day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set schedules for pausing clusters

It could be incredibly helpful if we had a way to set a schedule to pause any given cluster as well as a schedule to un-pause it. This would help with cost savings and would allow to shutdown development clusters on weekends, after hours and holidays.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Console to see what's actually happening

My cluster operations is at 100 and i don't know what's causing that. I would appreciate having a console to see what are those operations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. domain names in access whitelist

Allow domain names in whitelist for IP address. (And rename whitelist to allowlist).

I have a server (app) on heroku. It has a domain name. I don't have a dedicated ip address range. But if I could put my domain name in (myapp.herokupapp.com or myapp.com if I get that name from godaddy), then when my server connects, you could do a DNS lookup of the domain names in the whitelist, and allow connection from those. And then, my app, and many others would be more secure. People could also use dynamic dns to support connections from their home computers, more…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base