Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable AWS EBS Fast Snapshot Restore (FSR) on Atlas

To speed up recovery after restoring from a snapshot or having a node replaced, it would be nice to have the option to use AWS Fast Snapshot Restore

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-ebs-fast-snapshot-restore-fsr/

This would allow the disk to have full performance as soon as available.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to provide IP addresses as a list for Network Access

When adding IP addresses on a cluster/project (Network Access), it would be great to be able to provide a comma-delimited list of IP addresses instead of having to enter them one-by-one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop dismissing dialogs by losing focus

When filling in the password field in Atlas user, sometimes I click show then start typing a new password, or Home/end to highlight it. Somehow half the time it dismisses the dialog and I have to start over.

I suspect it is the dialog losing focus. Stop dismissing the dialog when I click off of the box. Other dialogs do the same thing. A lot of web apps do that now and it seems really dumb -- save one specific Cancel click to aggravate me many more times when the dialog I have worked on for 5 minutes disappears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Atlas API to update Project Timezone

At the moment, Project Timezone setting can only be done via Atlas UI. We are automating project and cluster creation and setup for our application. We need an API to update Project Timezone setting just like other project settings. This feature is important for our organization to keep all the project with the same settings without a manual intervention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow the ability for a rolling cluster restart like during maintenance

Currently there is no way to test how applications behave during maintenance apart from waiting for maintenance, the ability to force a rolling cluster restart as happens during maintenance would be great. The failover is a different process and affects primary mainly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to configure an on-prem hidden replica set member for an Atlas replica set

As described in https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/configure-a-hidden-replica-set-member/, on-prem mongodb deployments allow to configure a hidden replica set members which are good for workloads with different usage patterns from the other members in the replica set. It would be useful to have similar functionality for Atlas replica sets.
    In fact, to elaborate, being able to configure an on-prem hidden replica set member for an Atlas replicaset will help in meeting regulatory requirements where organisations are required to host a near real time mirror of data on on-premises.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Setup activity feed retention

It could be very interresting to be able to setup the retention of the events by organisation, projets and clusters. Actually I understand that this value is 30 days. So it to short for us, so we need to download the activities logs and it difficult to seach in files after that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create alarms base on events + Add control policies

Events (in the perimeter: organization, projects, cluster) are useful for monitoring activities. But it would be very useful to be able to set the alarm on these events. The goal is to be informed when certain actions occur.

The best is to be able to have a configuration control policy. Especially to control security, network configuration, etc ...

For example:
    - Be able to avoid the use of user scram.
    - Be able to avoid using unauthorized IP addresses
    - Be able to avoid changing the configuration of access to database data (DataExplorer) from the Atlas portal

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Replay the point-in-time-restore journal for debug/diagnosis

When performing a forensic analysis for the purposes of a restore, in order to determine the appropriate point in time when our data was last "sane", it would be awesome if we could start with a point-in-time restoration, and play the journal forward, e.g. performing a bisect on the data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need access to the REST API for IdP Federation

Currently all IdP federation set up must be done in the Atlas GUI. This prohibits scripting the setup of IdP organization and role mapping for new projects.

Customers can prefer setting this up via a scriptable Rest API interface for a new project. Everything else about the project has an API that is currently used to create projects and deploy clusters. Authentication is important part of the process and currently requires manual set up through the GUI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include security group and tag for privateLink setup

On the Private Endpoint (and VPC Peering) setup screen in Atlas, present options to:

• include or modify "security group"

• attach a "tag = name"

That way when user has the AWS CLI command generated, it includes security & tag

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Connect modal button to a location accessible from any cluster tab

I often want to connect to the cluster after browsing in the Collections tab (e.g. to run some test queries via the shell).

The Connect button (available in the Overview tab) makes connecting easy, but this button is not visible in the Collections tab -- I have to click into Overview or the Clusters page to access the Connect modal button.

Can we surface a Connect button so that it is clickable from any tab in the cluster page?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Comments on Private Endpoints to aid identification

On Atlas when creating private endpoints, add comments field to allow easier identification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow instant backup on every type of cluster

Allow to create a backup when we want, on every type of cluster (like we could do with mLab plans)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cloud backup for m0 instances

It would be nice and convenient if lower-tier users could have the cloud backup option available (I believe m5 is the smallest but it's $9/month). I use m0 for one of my projects and I know mongodump is an option but I would much rather pay $1/month extra for backup capabilities. This project is quite small and I don't need much resources, but I would like the ability to scedule daily backups for a small fee.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Atlas Cluster Labels in UI

With the Atlas API, there is functionality to add labels to various clusters like EC2. It would be great if that was exposed through the Atlas UI as well.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improvement: Add severity to alert definitions in Atlas MongoDB

The alert payload only contains status field with 'open' or 'closed' value. No severity definition option is available.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Yellow exclamation icon should have a tooltip or explanation

Often in the cluster card, or in the cluster panel, one or more processes are marked with a yellow warning icon (instead of a green dot). However there is no indication about what this means or how to fix it.

Can there be a tooltip or explanation about what this icon represents?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve password manager support on login screen

Currently on the Atlas login screen it presents a button to authenticate using Google and a text field to enter an email address. Upon entering an email address there's a brief pause - presumably to check if the email address is bound to a configured SAML provider - and if not then the password field appears.

Since the password field doesn't exist in the DOM until it's needed it means password managers have to autofill the email and password fields as two separate steps. I propose to have the password field present and hidden from the start so that password…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The IPs of the newly created cluster should be in the terraform state directly

We are trying to deploy a cluster in Azure using Terraform and then inspect the newly created cluster to get the hostnames and IP addresses. We need these IP Addresses so we update the Azure Firewall to allow the Azure Key Vault to communicate with the Atlas cluster. We are doing this test to enable encryption at rest with our own keys.

We believe the IPs should be in the terraform state directly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base