Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to create database users limited to specific clusters

We have a single project set up for our application, and multiple clusters under that project. Right now, it's impossible to create database users who only have access to certain clusters - the only configurable option is "database name".

The issue is that some of the clusters have the same "database name" but I don't want them to be able to access a database in a specific cluster, though I do want them to access a database with the same name in a different cluster.

Any plans to implement this?

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow creating alerts via terraform

Allow creating alerts via terraform

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow adding a Team to a Project via Terraform

I can create a Project in Terraform, but I cannot add a Team to it afterwards.

I am an Organization Member, so I cannot see Projects that I do not have explicit access to. This means that for any Project I create via Terraform, I need to ask someone with more permissions to add my Team to the Project.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'd like to have a scheduled mongodump backup option

I'm coming from mLab and I'm used to having an option in my backup strategy that includes a mongodump backup as well as what Atlas calls a CPS (cloud provider snapshot). The latter is actually a snapshot of the database directory at the filesystem level, which is great for instant restores within Atlas (same or different cluster). However, the mongodump backup (from mLab as an example) allows me to backup on a regular schedule and download those backups for restores locally and elsewhere outside of Atlas.

Yes, I can run mongodump operations myself from a system outside of Atlas, but…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'd like to be able to connect to my cluster directly from the UI and have a shell-like experience i.e. run queries and operational commands

It would be great if I could connect to and run commands against my cluster via the Atlas UI so I don't have to rely on downloading and running the shell locally.

I'd also be more confident I was running commands against the right cluster as I would have less reliance on managing connection strings and differentiating between them. This would be helpful if I'm not on my regular machine and need to do some ad-hoc querying or debugging.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark mode

Please release a dark mode MongoDB Atlas interface. Thank you.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Yellow exclamation icon should have a tooltip or explanation

Often in the cluster card, or in the cluster panel, one or more processes are marked with a yellow warning icon (instead of a green dot). However there is no indication about what this means or how to fix it.

Can there be a tooltip or explanation about what this icon represents?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to change First and Last Name

It would be good if users are able to modify their First and Last Name after account creation.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow creation of Atlas organizations in Terraform

there are really 3 steps for our dev teams to get moving in Atlas:
    1. create an org
    2. create a project
    3. create a cluster
    the first one is the only one that still has to be done from a console. if we had a terraform script to create an org in our account, we could trigger creation after approval in ServiceNow

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Terraform resource for custom database roles

Could we have a Terraform resource for creating custom database roles?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "Copy as JSON" to Performance Advisor

In Performance Advisor, I can see sample queries for each index suggestion.
    They are formatted "nicely" for human viewing, but to actually investigate it, one would want to copy it as valid mongodb json, and run it with explain or analyze it in compass, or even just run it in a console to see how long it runs before and after the index addition.
    However, there is no way of doing that, and I have multiple times "translated" the good looking ui to a mongo query so I could run it elsewhere.
    This is a tedious and annoying thing (especially…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Upload good tutorials in YouTube about connecting database with available three options.

Upload good tutorials in YouTube about connecting mongodb atlas with available three options.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Terraform resource to provision maintenance windows

I propose creating a new terraform resource to provisioning maintenance windows.

This could be helpful to avoid setting this manually at the project level.

I'm new to Terraform but wouldn't mind to work on it, in case it makes sense.

Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Autoscaling improvements

Hi, we have tried BETA of Autoscaling feature and we have some thoughts how to make it better. In its current setup its not really suitable for our production workloads. Here are some thoughts how to make it better:

1. Define separate scaling steps
      At them moment the scaling step is always 1. Going from M10 -> M20 which is not really suitable for burst loads where going one step up might not be enough. Same goes for rapid scaling down

Example:
    Scale range = M10 - M50
    Scale step up 4 = (M10 -> M50)
    Scale step down 2 =…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Support for AD/LDAP Token Groups

This is a request to add support for the Token Groups LDAP attribute included in Active Directory’s LDAP implementation:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/adschema/a-tokengroups">https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/adschema/a-tokengroups</a>

Currently Atlas/Mongo only supports looking up group membership from queries against the user object in LDAP (typically by looking at the “memberOf” attribute). This attribute does not include groups to which a user is a member via nested groups (being in a group that is also a member of another group). An LDAP filter can be added to the user group lookup which uses recursive filters to find all groups, however, that approach has the following problems:

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More detail and lead time around maintenance notifications

When we get email notifications of upcoming maintenances, it doesn't specify if the update is "urgent" or "low". When we received our last notice, it was 3 days out. If it's urgent, then we understand the short time frame around the notice. However, if it's a lower priority update, I would hope we could configure how far out we are aware of the maintenance or at a minimum get notified 2 weeks prior so we can communicate to our end users.

Additional information around what the maintenance is for would be appreciated as well. Something along the lines of "Patching…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export metrics to AWS Cloudwatch

Have an integration with AWS Cloudwatch to send the metrics from MongoDB Clusters to Cloudwatch so metrics and alarms can be setup in CW.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. YubiKey

Please consider adding 2FA support for hardware keys (Yubikey). Our company started enforcing this in our compliance policy for accessing production environments.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Heroku Atlas Plugin

Since mongo lab https://docs.mlab.com/mlab-to-atlas/ is acquired by mongo, and migration to Atlas is recommended.

We need Heroku Plugin for mongo Atlas, as promised on https://docs.mlab.com/mlab-to-atlas/ page FAQ section.

My company is planning some big projects on heroku and having a plugin would make our lives much easier.

Is there any ETA on this plugin delivery date?

Since the set goal of migrating mongo lab users to Atlas is start of 2020 Heroku mongo lab users should have easy option to do it soon.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Atlas UI (Data Explorer): Export feature .csv/.json option for collection integrated into (JS) MongoDB Atlas Cloud

Have an Export feature WITHIN Atlas UI (Data Explorer) where user can perform (select collection and export as .csv/.json directly from the website without using Compass/data dump) option for collection integrated into (JS) MongoDB Atlas Cloud.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base