Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark mode

Please release a dark mode MongoDB Atlas interface. Thank you.

26 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to create database users limited to specific clusters

We have a single project set up for our application, and multiple clusters under that project. Right now, it's impossible to create database users who only have access to certain clusters - the only configurable option is "database name".

The issue is that some of the clusters have the same "database name" but I don't want them to be able to access a database in a specific cluster, though I do want them to access a database with the same name in a different cluster.

Any plans to implement this?

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Expose auto cluster scaling options via Terraform

We would like the ability to configure an auto scaling cluster via Terraform. Currently we need to modify our cluster after its creation via terraform to setup auto scaling parameters.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. LDAP configuration using Terraform

We would like to be able to use Terraform to configure LDAP authentication/authorization on projects.

The functionality is available via the API:
    https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/ldaps-configuration/

However, go-client-mongodb-atlas does not have these endpoints implemented, so that would need to be done before this functionality is included in the provider.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'd like to have a scheduled mongodump backup option

I'm coming from mLab and I'm used to having an option in my backup strategy that includes a mongodump backup as well as what Atlas calls a CPS (cloud provider snapshot). The latter is actually a snapshot of the database directory at the filesystem level, which is great for instant restores within Atlas (same or different cluster). However, the mongodump backup (from mLab as an example) allows me to backup on a regular schedule and download those backups for restores locally and elsewhere outside of Atlas.

Yes, I can run mongodump operations myself from a system outside of Atlas, but…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Autoscaling improvements

Hi, we have tried BETA of Autoscaling feature and we have some thoughts how to make it better. In its current setup its not really suitable for our production workloads. Here are some thoughts how to make it better:

1. Define separate scaling steps
      At them moment the scaling step is always 1. Going from M10 -> M20 which is not really suitable for burst loads where going one step up might not be enough. Same goes for rapid scaling down

Example:
    Scale range = M10 - M50
    Scale step up 4 = (M10 -> M50)
    Scale step down 2 =…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Atlas clusters to be paused using terraform

The ability to pause Atlas clusters through terraform would help with being able to pause our non-prod environments when not in use. Currently this has to be managed directly with the Atlas API

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd like to be able to connect to my cluster directly from the UI and have a shell-like experience i.e. run queries and operational commands

It would be great if I could connect to and run commands against my cluster via the Atlas UI so I don't have to rely on downloading and running the shell locally.

I'd also be more confident I was running commands against the right cluster as I would have less reliance on managing connection strings and differentiating between them. This would be helpful if I'm not on my regular machine and need to do some ad-hoc querying or debugging.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Third party integration resource with terraform

Add a terraform resource for third party integrations (such as PagerDuty) to allow it to be set up.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Yellow exclamation icon should have a tooltip or explanation

Often in the cluster card, or in the cluster panel, one or more processes are marked with a yellow warning icon (instead of a green dot). However there is no indication about what this means or how to fix it.

Can there be a tooltip or explanation about what this icon represents?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow creation of Atlas organizations in Terraform

there are really 3 steps for our dev teams to get moving in Atlas:
    1. create an org
    2. create a project
    3. create a cluster
    the first one is the only one that still has to be done from a console. if we had a terraform script to create an org in our account, we could trigger creation after approval in ServiceNow

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to change First and Last Name

It would be good if users are able to modify their First and Last Name after account creation.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Suggested actions for alerts

Alerts are often very cryptic & don't provide any useful information. For example, when alerting that queries are returning too many rows, without informing me the query or at least the collection, that's very useless. I'm looking at a replication oplog window alert right now and I have no idea what to do about it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upload good tutorials in YouTube about connecting database with available three options.

Upload good tutorials in YouTube about connecting mongodb atlas with available three options.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a resource to configure the backup policy for Cloud Provider Snapshots

Please add support to change the backup policy for Cloud Provider Snapshots.

This is the API I am referring to:
    https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/cloud-provider-snapshot-schedule-modify-one/

Thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Day granularity for Atlas-managed X.509 certificate

It would be great to add more granularity when creating an Atlas-managed X.509 certificate for a MongoDB user, i mean by day at least.
    Thank you

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allows to share Cloud Provider Backup Snapshot with customer's Cloud Provider account

What is the problem that needs to be solved? Add an option (as it was in mLab) that allows to share the Cloud Provider Backup Snapshot (EBS Snapshot [1], in case of AWS) for Atlas Cluster with customer's Cloud Provider account. This action is easier, quicker and cheaper for customers than manually downloading the Atlas Snapshot.

Why is it a problem? (the pain) A) Operational pain: as of now (2020-02-18), if you require to execute disaster recovery scenario with restoration of your Atlas Cluster data outside of Atlas Clusters you'll need to create a Cloud Provider Backup Snapshot Restore job…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a single-node option.

mLab had the option to create a single-node deployment, which was very nice for development environments where redundancy isn't important, but keeping costs down is.

Would be nice to see this in Atlas as well.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A terraform resource for managing user access to the console

We have a platform (as code using Terraform) where we integrate Mongo Atlas in AWS. We have multiple teams with various privileges who access the Mongo Atlas console daily basis. We would always like to manage the users in our version control. As Terraform is one of the best infrastructure configuration tools, we would like to have a terraform resource in order to manage the users via.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send alert when there are performance advisor recommendations

I would like to have an alert setting when MongoDB Atlas's performance advisor has any recommendations.

Currently there is no way to determine if the performance advisor has a suggested improvement on the main project console page.

Our prod project has a lot of clusters(with more planned). It is cumbersome to go in and check each one manually.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base