Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. Improved deletion protection against malicious users

Currently, the only option of preventing malicious admin users from deleting a cluster with all its backups is to enable a backup compliance policy. However, this policy is quite the beast with complex processes and guarded by a single user account (which could then as well be the malicious one).

It would be good to have some less impactful way of protection against malicious users.

For example, when deleting a project in Google Cloud, an email is sent to all project owners and the project including all of its data can easily be restored within a period of 30 days.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. API - Version 2

We saw that the api version is now in v2 for some resources (as clusters) - https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/reference/api-resources-spec/v2/#tag/Clusters/

We tried to change some App services functions from v1 to v2, but ended resulting in some errors (or needing to add more parameters than the original one - in version 1).
    Using version 1, we only inform what we need to change ("instanceSize") plus the providerName.

to use version 2, we need to inform all this parameters (if it's a replica-set. If it is a sharding we also need to inform the numShards):
    "replicationSpecs":[{"regionConfigs":[{"electableSpecs":{"instanceSize":"M10","nodeCount":"3"},"priority":"7","providerName":"GCP","regionName":"CENTRAL_US"}]}]}

What I need to change is only the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the to delete indexes endpoint public

In the Performance Advisor, the recommended indexes to drop are only avaible throw the cnsole. We would like to have this information available from the API.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Safe mode to pause non-essential changes

I'd like to be able to put the cluster into a "Safe Mode" during an incident.

For example, I'm responding to an incident or I suspect something's fragile or breaking, and I don't want any scheduled activities to make it worse or distract me. I also don't want to have to know what changes are scheduled, I want to pause them all regardless.

This would pause any scheduled or non-critical changes, like upgrades, building indexes, probably resyncs, etc.

But it would keep running cluster-safety/health-supporting mechanisms like auto-heal, and probably backups.

And it would put up a banner on the cluster…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BI connector host name via API call

BI connector hostnames in the Atlas UI: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/bi-connection/ is not supported via API , Currently, customer has to manually copy and store the values to be reused by other applications. The customers are hoping to get these values in an automated way, for example with API calls or SDK.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is no way I can delete my account.

There is no way I can delete my account. It says I have to get rid of active organizations. When I try to get rid of my organization it says I have to get rid of my active clusters. When I try to get rid of my clusters. In clusters page it says I have no clusters.
    I tried to sign out and wait but the same problem continues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not even able to close my free account

Hi I have opened my free account and now i am not able to close this account. Even there are no available clusters showing on my account then also Project0 is not getting deleted. kindly help to close

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. API change date format for log download

While programming a script to download the activity feed and audit logs, we found out that the date format which is accepted for API calls does not match. While the Activity Feed is fetched with a date in the ISO 8601 format (&minDate=2024-01-24T12:30:06.415944), the audit log accepts only an epoch timestamp (...?endDate=1702632210&startDate=1702625017).

This causes several conversion issues when automating log-fetching. To avoid these issues, we suggest changing the API call to use the same date format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync Atlas alert configurations between projects.

Since we can export all Alert configurations from a project, add the ability to sync alerts on all the projects to be consistent with notifications/alerts.

Alerts can be created individually but not in bulk. Please enhance the Mongo Atlas API for the following functionalities:

• The ability to sync all alerts from one project to another.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base