Atlas Search

1. Allow the ability to test Atlas Search locally

We need text search to "somehow" work locally and ci.

We've a multiregional team and development has to continue if there are internet problems in one of our offices.

Our workflow consists of :

• unitTest using in-memory-mongodb

• local testing, using the developers local mongo instance

• test env testing with a QA team (using atlas, but <30m)

• production launch

With the current feature set, the first time we can test a feature is on production. Even if low-tier availability was there the other two issues are blockers as we won't just ditch TDD for textSearch.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow $count and $sort inside $search

Make $count and $sort directly with mongot, and dont lose time between mongot and mongodb.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We’ve started to implement a lightning fast count operator inside of the $search stage and it will come soon. Sort will come a bit later than that, but optimizations around the communication between mongot and mongod should also speed sort up quite a bit. I’ll update the group as both are released to help you stay informed. If you have any questions or want to join me to discuss the syntax let me know.

3. Please support on-prem installations

Can we get Search on-prem? Is this always going to be an Atlas-only feature?

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow $search to be a later stage in the aggregation pipeline

Currently $search is required to be the first stage in the aggregation pipeline. It would be more intuitive if we could use after other operators, such as $match.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Perform a search over multiple collections

Right now you can only search over one collection. I'd like to be able to search over several collections at the same time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Faster Faceting

Current faceting solution is not fast enough for search use cases for larger datasets.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to create Search indexes from Mongo shell

Right now it seems like I can query indexes from the mongo shell but not create them, unless I am missing something in the docs?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for nested datatype search

It appears that Atlas Search does not yet support nested datatype like ElasticSearch does:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/nested.html

We need this for our application

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow autocomplete to work with special characters and Asia languages

Hello,

We are now using Atlas Search, with a deep dive in this feature, we found out that it will be very cool to support "special characters" (such as @,-) and "Asia languages (such as Chinese)" for autocomplete. I think this is a requirement for many world wide companies. We can't allow a search engine which only cover a part of our clients because our business is with people form the whole world.

Thank you in advance,

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow managing Atlas Search index via drivers

Currently I need to manage my indexes via the Atlas Search API but I would like to manage them using drivers in the same way that I manage all of my other MongoDB indexes.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need to be able to search for dates and numbers in arrays

I have sets of results which contain dates and I need to be able to search from within them. For example:

{
      experience: [
        { name: "Abc", startDate: ISODate("2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"), startDate: ISODate("2020-01-01T00:00:00.000Z") },
        { name: "Xyz", startDate: ISODate("2018-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"), startDate: ISODate("2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z") }
      ]
    }

So I need to be able to do a near search across experience.startDate values, for example.

The Date mapping documentation (https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/atlas-search/index-definitions/#date) says:

A date cannot be indexed if it is part of an array.

And while the number documentation doesn't mention the same restriction by experimentation I have found it has the same resriction (strings dont…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Faster Pagination

I would like be able to paginate through search results faster.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Atlas Search indexes to be restored across clusters

Currently, when an Atlas backup snapshot from one environment is restored to another environment, it does not transfer or replicate the Atlas Search indexes from the source cluster to the destination cluster. As a result, after the snapshot is restored, the Atlas Search indexes have to be manually created on the collections in the destination cluster.

This is a request for a functionality that will allow a snapshot-restore from one cluster to another to also replicate the Atlas Search indexes from the source cluster to the destination cluster.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow autocomplete search on multiple fields using a wildcard path or by specifying multiple fields in the path

Currently, (unlike the text operator) the autocomplete operator does not accept a path which is an array of field names. Also, a wildcard path ("path": {"wildcard": "*"}) cannot be specified for an autocomplete query. Therefore, the only way to perform an autocomplete search on multiple fields is by using the compound operator.

This is a feature request to allow autocomplete search on multiple fields by using a wildcard path or by accepting an array of multiple fields in the path.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The equals operator should support numeric datatypes

Currently, for querying on "number" datatypes, we can only use "range" or "near" operators. The "equals" operator supports querying only "boolean" and "objectId" values, and not numeric values.

If we want to do equality based matching for number datatypes, then we can leverage "range" using "gt" and "lt" to find it. However this might be sub-optimal in some cases (such as when performing equality match on decimals).

Therefore, this is a feature request for having equals operator support numeric datatypes (in addition to boolean and objectId).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow autocomplete to work with email addresses.

At the moment, an autocomplete index does not tokenize the "@" in email addresses. So when using an autocomplete search on an email address field, the search breaks as soon as the "@" is entered.

I started a thread in the community about this very issue.

https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/mongo-search-autocomplete-type/10561/5

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support Partial Indexing

We have a large collection but would only like to index the most recent entries, which would reduce the amount of space and resources it would take to index and query.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Atlas search to provide the ability to query number (long/double) fields

When querying mongo using atlas search, today it requires that the query parameter be a string. Ideally, I would like to be able to also search using numbers. Our stakeholders want the ability to type into a dropdown select field , type a number, and have it pull back a list of data.

Today, we are using atlas search to query against a multiple set of fields, and pull back the most relevant results. It would be nice to include number fields as part of our index in order to allow those same stakeholder the ability to query by the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Only run Atlas Search on certain nodes

Today, Atlas Search runs on all nodes of your cluster. I would like to limit the nodes that queries run on so I can isolate my transactional workload from my search workload.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Functionality that provides details of how a score was calculated for an individual document

Every document returned by an Atlas Search query is assigned a score based on relevance. Many factors can influence a document's score, including the position of the search term in the document, the frequency of occurrence of the search term in the document, the type of operator the query uses, the type of analyzer the query uses, etc.

We do have an explain functionality in Atlas Search, which returns information about the $search query plan and execution statistics. The results returned by explain("executionStats") has a section on score, which provides statistics related to scoring documents in the result set. However,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Atlas Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base