Atlas Search

1. Support for nested datatype search

It appears that Atlas Search does not yet support nested datatype like ElasticSearch does:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/nested.html

We need this for our application

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, we are starting this work very soon. We have planned it for this quarter. Keep in mind, while we will offer it, and other search engines do as well, it is not a great fit for search engines to query data structured in this way. If you can flatten your data, great. If not, hold tight. The best nested implementation on the market is coming right up.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. I’m always happy to help.

2. Allow autocomplete to work with special characters and Asia languages

Hello,

We are now using Atlas Search, with a deep dive in this feature, we found out that it will be very cool to support "special characters" (such as @,-) and "Asia languages (such as Chinese)" for autocomplete. I think this is a requirement for many world wide companies. We can't allow a search engine which only cover a part of our clients because our business is with people form the whole world.

Thank you in advance,

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I need to be able to search for dates and numbers in arrays

I have sets of results which contain dates and I need to be able to search from within them. For example:

{
      experience: [
        { name: "Abc", startDate: ISODate("2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"), startDate: ISODate("2020-01-01T00:00:00.000Z") },
        { name: "Xyz", startDate: ISODate("2018-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"), startDate: ISODate("2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z") }
      ]
    }

So I need to be able to do a near search across experience.startDate values, for example.

The Date mapping documentation (https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/atlas-search/index-definitions/#date) says:

A date cannot be indexed if it is part of an array.

And while the number documentation doesn't mention the same restriction by experimentation I have found it has the same resriction (strings dont…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Soundex/phonetic filter support

We need support for Soundex or phonetic filters for our use cases so we can support searches for similar sounding terms. thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Analyzers

Customer is asking about adding new Analyzers language for Polish , Slovenian, Slovak and Croatian .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Atlas Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base