Atlas Search

1. Perform a search over multiple collections

Right now you can only search over one collection. I'd like to be able to search over several collections at the same time.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking to get feedback from our customers about this feature to understand your use cases and your needs. If you would like to chat with the product managers for Atlas Search about your cross-collection use case, please let us know.

We have planned the first version of this feature for next quarter. More details coming soon. :)

2. I need to be able to search for dates and numbers in arrays

I have sets of results which contain dates and I need to be able to search from within them. For example:

{
      experience: [
        { name: "Abc", startDate: ISODate("2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"), startDate: ISODate("2020-01-01T00:00:00.000Z") },
        { name: "Xyz", startDate: ISODate("2018-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"), startDate: ISODate("2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z") }
      ]
    }

So I need to be able to do a near search across experience.startDate values, for example.

The Date mapping documentation (https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/atlas-search/index-definitions/#date) says:

A date cannot be indexed if it is part of an array.

And while the number documentation doesn't mention the same restriction by experimentation I have found it has the same resriction (strings dont…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Atlas search to provide the ability to query number (long/double) fields

When querying mongo using atlas search, today it requires that the query parameter be a string. Ideally, I would like to be able to also search using numbers. Our stakeholders want the ability to type into a dropdown select field , type a number, and have it pull back a list of data.

Today, we are using atlas search to query against a multiple set of fields, and pull back the most relevant results. It would be nice to include number fields as part of our index in order to allow those same stakeholder the ability to query by the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Soundex/phonetic filter support

We need support for Soundex or phonetic filters for our use cases so we can support searches for similar sounding terms. thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Analyzers

Customer is asking about adding new Analyzers language for Polish , Slovenian, Slovak and Croatian .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Atlas Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base