Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Granular Permissions

Right now Mongo Atlas allows you to assign two types of roles to all the users: Organization and Project, and for each set it gives you some predefined roles.

The problem with this is you can't have any kind of granular control of what permission is assigned to each user. (e.g. to allow a user to create a trigger through Mongo Stitch it needs the Project Owner role).

This is a major setback as I'm giving my coworkers more access than needed.

A good solution would be to have something like the database access control in this part so we…

76 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like to have a scheduled mongodump backup option

I'm coming from mLab and I'm used to having an option in my backup strategy that includes a mongodump backup as well as what Atlas calls a CPS (cloud provider snapshot). The latter is actually a snapshot of the database directory at the filesystem level, which is great for instant restores within Atlas (same or different cluster). However, the mongodump backup (from mLab as an example) allows me to backup on a regular schedule and download those backups for restores locally and elsewhere outside of Atlas.

Yes, I can run mongodump operations myself from a system outside of Atlas, but…

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save pipelines to run in aggregation mode

A Button to save pipeline in aggregation tab and run this saved pipelines.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow suggest password feature

In both mobile and desktop version of Chrome and Safari, there is a feature for automatically generating a strong password.

In the registration form for MongoDB Atlas, the password field in the registration form cannot take values entered this way. Please add this feature since password managers are in fact quite normal in this era.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base