Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Console to see what's actually happening

My cluster operations is at 100 and i don't know what's causing that. I would appreciate having a console to see what are those operations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. domain names in access whitelist

Allow domain names in whitelist for IP address. (And rename whitelist to allowlist).

I have a server (app) on heroku. It has a domain name. I don't have a dedicated ip address range. But if I could put my domain name in (myapp.herokupapp.com or myapp.com if I get that name from godaddy), then when my server connects, you could do a DNS lookup of the domain names in the whitelist, and allow connection from those. And then, my app, and many others would be more secure. People could also use dynamic dns to support connections from their home computers, more…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Projects Organization

It would be great if we could organize the projects and not have them all at the same level of organization.
    We could use this hierarchy to put rights, consult costs ...
    A bit like the idea of Azure's management group or GCP's "Folder".

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support multi-cloud

Support multi-cloud as available in the Atlas UI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multitenancy of the billing section in MongoDB Atlas

Hi MongoDB team,

as the organization owner I don't want that my organizational members (developers, project owners etc.) have access to the billing section. Currently every member (independent on the granted rights) has the rights to see the complete billing section and can see the whole invoice incl. the names of the projects. This isn't acceptable regarding compliance because we are working together with external companies and their colleagues shouldn't have the ability to see all invoices.

Please make the billing section of MongoDB Atlas available to handle multitenancy - so that only the organization owner can see the billing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to apply the same settings to multiple projects

As described in support case #00739901, we have exceeded the 50 limit of clusters in our production project.

We are going to have a lot of new clusters in the coming year, and they all need to be in the production environment.

There should be a way either to add more clusters to one project or to share the same settings between multiple production projects for growing customers of MongoDB like us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send alerts to Azure Log Analytics

Similar to the 3rd party integrations already in Atlas, it would be helpful to have integration with Azure Log Analytics for alerts and metrics instead of writing it ourselves with the Atlas API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support of new EBS Volume type (gp3)

When creating cluster , We have not option to select GP3/GP2. while newly introduce gp3 EBS volume have less price and high IOPS.

So why we need to settle for less.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to download backup snapshots from BYO-KMS encrypted clusters

Many clients download backup snapshots to keep an offline copy of their data either to restore it into their on-prem development environment or to keep an offline copy of their data. At the moment, Atlas does not allow downloading backup snapshots that have customer BYO-KMS encryption enabled.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow auto-scale for IOPS.

Allow auto-scale for IOPS.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Profiler output is confusing

Not so much a feature perhaps as a bug, but it seems that in the profiler page, the chart changes with the time window of interest, e.g. from 24hr to 6 hr or 1hr, but the listing of the namespaces underneath does not. So suppose you think you've fixed an issue and want to check 4 hours later. The chart seems to indicate things are ok, but the namespace table is actually confusing in this case. When you click on an item in a listed namespace (i.e. collection), it goes into the detail view and that one does conform to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bytes available for reuse metric

This metric will show the available bytes for reuse. If it's too much and its graph is changed a little bit, we can decide to compact it for saving cost (from disk usage).
    Currently, we have to run dbstat command to see the available bytes for reuse and can't know its trend.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accept Cryptocurrency Payments

Accept cryptocurrency payments for billing purposes as Paypal or Cards are very unreliable. Recommended cryptos - Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dash.

Commerce between users and mongoDB platform will greatly improve by allowing payment mechanisms that have instant transactions at a much lower fees.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Expose the killOp() action when creating custom roles in Atlas UI

It would be nice to have the killOp() action exposed when creating a custom role in Atlas.

I also think it would make sense to grant this action to the atlasAdmin role, but at a minimum I feel that Project Owners should be able to create a custom role that is allowed to kill ops that were initiated by other database users.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. improve error messaging

We are running into misleading error messages that learners are complaining about. This error appears when a user tries to use a $limit stage and forgets to add a $ while connected to a Free Tier Atlas cluster:
    "OperationFailure: limit is not allowed in this atlas tier, full error: {'ok': 0, 'errmsg': 'limit is not allowed in this atlas tier', 'code': 8000, 'codeName': 'AtlasError'}":
    This has been confusing for users. Is there a way that we can catch this issue more precisely and issue a syntax error instead?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Renaming DATABASE without dump/restore

Hello,

after a discussion with a MongoDB architect during a consulting day, the rename of a database was possible in previous version of MongoDB but now, it's impossible without a dump / restore process.

We don't want use a dump/restore process to rename a database because it's use a lot of time.

Could you tell me why this feature was deleted ? and will it be possible in a future MongoDb version ?

thanks.
    regards,
    David.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Live Migrate modal: Allow users to point and click to select another Atlas source cluster

It is often practical to Live Migrate from one Atlas cluster to another Atlas cluster (e.g. to create another staging environment if backups are not enabled on the source, or migrate a production/staging environment to another dedicated project with minimal downtime).

Currently, the Live Migrate modal requires connection details from the source cluster, including the hostname of the primary, port, etc. Validation will fail if there are typos/errors in these inputs.

It would be easier to have a point-and-click option to "Migrate from another Atlas cluster" -- it could be a drop-down menu with names of other Atlas clusters in…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to delete account

I really need to delete my account as this is not what I am looking for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. NodeJS Trigger Dependencies

I'd like to have NodeJS dependencies (e.g. the AWS NodeJS SDK) available in my Atlas triggers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base