Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Atlas Alert for Remaining Credits

MongoDB will email Atlas customer when the prepaid Atlas credit is estimated to be exhausted within 30 days.

However, it would be good to have an alert for this in Atlas, e.g.

Alert if the remaining prepaid amount is lower than ... <an amount>

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TTL which applies to archived files as well

Currently there is no way of managing an online archive besides nuking the entire collection. This means that the collection can only grow, so costs will continue to climb.

The TTL index can already be used to automatically delete documents from your database. If this could be expanded to also delete files which have been archived, there is an easy and built-in way of maintaining an archive in size.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Online Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to create/update a temporary Database user using terraform

Hi
    Presently, we can only create permanent database users via Terraform Modules. The creation of temporary DB users is only allowed through the UI or by consuming MongoDb Atlas's APIs. In addition, the "deleteAfterDate" property is only applicable for a temporary user already existent. The point is to avoid using "null_resource" and "local-exec" in our Terraform Modules.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add tunnelling to allow querying Cloud Backup snapshots

The Legacy Backups have a feature to allow connecting (tunnelling) to a snapshot to query it. This allows querying a database snapshot which is great for quickly inspecting data in the past for troubleshooting. This would be handy to have for the Cloud Backups. With Cloud Backups instead I now have to download a snapshot, load it temporarily on a cluster and remove it when done.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make RSS feed entries more consistent

We would like to consume your status RSS feed to help us programmatically warn our internal groups when you have issues in a given region. One problem that we see with this is that the messages that we have seen posted are pretty inconsistent with how they specify regions. Examples: Oregon (us-west-2), AWS EU-WEST-2, AWS Sao Paulo. It would be very helpful to us, and probably your other customers as well, if the messages were more consistent in how they reference AWS regions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For creating indexes, show a list of fields, so as to easily select and add field that needs indexing.

While creating indexes using MDB atlas, there is no option to select from a list the fields that we want to add for indexing. For ease of use, this functionality must be added to Atlas GUI.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable Removal of a Subset Documents From Online Archive

Hi,

We'd like to have the ability to remove documents from an Online Archive. Mainly based on a date, but possibly other criteria.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Online Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow customers to download Atlas BI Connector process logs (similar to MongoDB Server logs)

What is the problem that needs to be solved? Customers are willing to troubleshoot / analyze Atlas BI Connector logs by themselves (they would like to investigate schema sampling timings, SQL/MongoDB query optimizations, connectivity issues, etc.).

Why is it a problem? (the pain) Currently available Download Logs option on Atlas Clusters does not include Atlas BI Connector process logs.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make collections scrollable

We have databases with many collections. The problem with that is that in order to select certain collection, I have to scroll the results part of the page. So I'm going up and down all the time I select another collection and make some query.

In sum, please add scroll in the collection explorer UI.

Regards

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to delete account

I really need to delete my account as this is not what I am looking for.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow user to specify either more date types, or arbitrary archive criteria

Currently to configure the online archive service, you specify which column you want to use, which must be a Date type. Our collections often use integer fields holding the offset from the epoch, and there are other fields people might reasonably used.

My suggsetion would be to allow for a diverse set of date types, or ideally, allow the user to specify the criteria themselves with a mongo query.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Online Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add horizontal scroll bar to metrics tab

I can't see metrics for all of my nodes while in the metrics tabs unless I make the window very large. It would be much easier to analyze the health of my cluster if I could review metrics for all the nodes by scrolling horizontally, rather than having to switch between a grouping of nodes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New view with connection statistics

It would be valuable to have a per-cluster view showing an overview of connections into each cluster including:

• The number of connections per hours (opened, closed == churn)

• Which IPs connections are coming from and how many from each over time

• What drivers are being used for these connections and from which IPs

• Which user is opening the connections

This information can be very useful in understanding which applications/microservices are opening up the most connections, and helping to find old drivers etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Using replica set tags for invoice categorization

Customer would like replica set tags added to the invoice as a column, in order to further categorize costs. In some instances, the customer has multiple products assigned to a single cluster, and putting the product name in the cluster won't suffice.
    The current solution is to use the Invoice API, and then call the Cluster API, in order to programmatically build out a CSV containing the cluster tags as an additional column in the CSV.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Alerts for Triggers

Add alerts for when Triggers are suspended or exceed a threshold.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Log user Login to Activity Feed for Auditing

When a user logins into the Atlas Portal this is logged to the Activity Feed.

This feature would allow to better user auditing and identify potential security breaches.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change Username

Ability to change your username after registration and be able to re-use it should you need to.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Migration Tutorial Video

I did a live migration from mLab to Atlas quite recently. Although, the steps for migration were simple and easy to execute it took me alot of time to get over the fear of migrating without losing any data. A tutorial video of the entire process would have calmed my nerves and helped me take a lot less time in the process.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unique VPC Peer CIDR

Prevent the same VPC Peer CIDR block, is it currently possible to have 2 projects with same CIDR block, which requires us to delete our clusters and peer before creating new clusters

There should be a way to prevent them from having same CIDR block or the ability to change the CIDR block AFTER they are created

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support native Azure authentication for the DB, e.g. service principal

Customers often want centralized permissioning for the database and LDAP is not generally supported well in the cloud. If a customer is using Azure, they want us to support Azure AD for database authentication. I believe that means using service principals

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base