Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "scheduled scaling/suspend" option for certain clusters

There should be an option to schedule scale up/down or suspending/resuming at specified time & day.

For example, DEV environments could be auto-suspended at 6pm and resume at 8am on weekdays, and be suspended all weekend.

Production clusters could be scaled down e.g. from M80->M60 every evening and on weekends rather than being suspended completely.

This would help save money but would need to be coordinated with the existing auto-scaling based on load.

This would need to be at the cluster level since sometimes different clusters in a single project could have different workload patterns.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for User Groups with Separate Authentication Configurations

Currently Atlas only uses a single (flat) user group which only allows for 1 type of authentication per Organization.

However if Federated Authentication is enabled, the authentication mechanism in Atlas is bypassed for the IdP based on the domain name of the user and the configuration of Atlas Authentication.

This causes a problem if there are multiple groups of users who all share a domain name, some of whom are registered in an IdP, and some of whom are not registered in an IdP (for example users in 2 divisions of the same company).

In this scenario, users who are…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. host down alert automatically silenced during atlas maintenances

Our clusters keeps sending loads of alerts during maintenance times about host is down and similar - it's logical and I understand that those are rolling updates so the functionality of the cluster is not affected. However it's quite unfortunate that host are down for quite a while (20 - 30 mins sometimes) and as we don't want to create unnecessary noise from atlas monitoring we had to bump up our slack and pager duty notification to be fired 30+ minutes. This covers maintenance but out of maintenance this is ridiculously high and we would like to know there is…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve 2FA and auth management

Right now, there is no way to require Google auth or to require 2FA. The only way to enforce 2FA for a team is to check the team mangagement page. However, since some users may have only used Google auth to login, they will show up in this view as not having 2FA, creating auditing headaches. Please
    - indicate if a user does not have 2fa because they do not have a password vs just not having 2fa
    - ideally, add the ability to require 2fa and/or Google auth for all team members

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Chaos testing" for Atlas - simulate node(s) down

The current "Test Failover" feature supports testing application/driver resiliency in case of elections. For additional testing, we want to be able to cause a node or nodes to be shut down and started up in a cluster. There should be selectivity allowing the entire node or just the mongod or mongos process to be shut down and started up.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stackdriver Integration

Atlas Monitoring UI is great, but to ease centralization of alerts and dashboards..., it would be nice to have all atlas metrics in Cloud Monitoring too.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Live Migrate from Backup or Snapshot

If I already have Cloud Manager backups, or can take an EBS snapshot, I want to be able to quickly Live Migrate this replica set to minimize migration time and load on my existing infrastructure.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More functionalities in Collection (Data Explorer) Tab in Atlas UI

Here are some suggested functionalities
    - Import and export of bulk documents.
    - Quickly filter and sort the required documents. (This is achievable in Compass but not in Atlas UI)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show a graph of BANKED iops (AWS)

Atlas monitoring is great... but it would be super helpful to see a graph of banked iops. (or an approximation of this)

Suppose my iops limit is 100... and during the night my bank gets fully charged to 5.4MM.
    During the heavy loads on my server, let's say my iops jump to a steady 500. This means that I am drawing 400 units from my bank. I can do this for 3.75 hours until my bank is exhausted.

It would be so helpful to see an iops bank balance drawing down during peak, recharging during off-peak... and thus getting insight…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Copy as JSON" to Performance Advisor

In Performance Advisor, I can see sample queries for each index suggestion.
    They are formatted "nicely" for human viewing, but to actually investigate it, one would want to copy it as valid mongodb json, and run it with explain or analyze it in compass, or even just run it in a console to see how long it runs before and after the index addition.
    However, there is no way of doing that, and I have multiple times "translated" the good looking ui to a mongo query so I could run it elsewhere.
    This is a tedious and annoying thing (especially…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to change First and Last Name

It would be good if users are able to modify their First and Last Name after account creation.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Dynatrace integration for monitoring with Atlas

This is a request to support an integration with Dynatrace for monitoring MongoDB deployments in Atlas.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Live Migrate modal: Allow users to point and click to select another Atlas source cluster

It is often practical to Live Migrate from one Atlas cluster to another Atlas cluster (e.g. to create another staging environment if backups are not enabled on the source, or migrate a production/staging environment to another dedicated project with minimal downtime).

Currently, the Live Migrate modal requires connection details from the source cluster, including the hostname of the primary, port, etc. Validation will fail if there are typos/errors in these inputs.

It would be easier to have a point-and-click option to "Migrate from another Atlas cluster" -- it could be a drop-down menu with names of other Atlas clusters in…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow log level to be configured per cluster/node

Atlas clusters don't support the setParameter command and, as a result, users aren't able to configure log levels. I understand the reasoning behind not exposing permissions to run setParameter to DB users so, in lieu of that, it would really helpful if Atlas users were able to configure log levels through the Atlas UI, preferably at the Node or Cluster level.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to download backup snapshots from BYO-KMS encrypted clusters

Many clients download backup snapshots to keep an offline copy of their data either to restore it into their on-prem development environment or to keep an offline copy of their data. At the moment, Atlas does not allow downloading backup snapshots that have customer BYO-KMS encryption enabled.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Time based auto scaling

Our production server workload is less after 5 pm till the next day morning at 6 am CST times. We are running MongoDB in full capacity even on off-peak times. It's not possible for someone to manually downscale the cluster during off-peak and I don't think the CPU utilization based auto-scaling is working for us. I would like to choose auto-scaling between CPU based or time based as set my own time window and choose the auto scale/down-sclae.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Atlas] Enforce password policy for DB access

Currently is not possible to enforce any kind of password policy via Atlas UI.
    Would be nice to let user define an expiration time and password policy that user should meet.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Define via UI time windows on which the cluster is paused

Test environment are usually paused during the night and the weekends. Currently the only way to do that is to automatise a RestAPI call or call mongocli automatically (e.g. via crontab)
    Would be nice to allow to define a time windows on which the cluster stays pause via UI

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improvement: Add severity to alert definitions in Atlas MongoDB

The alert payload only contains status field with 'open' or 'closed' value. No severity definition option is available.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base