Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Atlas maintenance Notification should include description of maintenance

Whenever Atlas wants to do maintenance, it is sending email alert about the timing of maintenance. In addition to that we are requesting information about the nature of maintenance also like Mongo patching , BI connector upgrade or increasing no of connections etc. This will give us the information about the work and we can broadcast the same to our counterparts so that they can also use the product efficiently.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename Hardware Metric "Util %"

Under hardware metrics for a given replica set, there is a metric for "Util %". It is unclear on what this represents. After careful digging through the documentation, it appears to be a metric for Disk Bandwidth Utilization. I believe the metric name should be updated to reflect at least "Disk Util %", if not something more specific.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Credits API

I need an API that will allow access to the items under credits in the billing page.
    This will allow me to pull this information daily into our master usage database to support our dashboards

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include Human-Friendly Cluster Names in Alert Notifications

Please include the human-friendly cluster/host names in Monitoring Alert Notifications (e.g. email, PagerDuty, etc) in addition to, or instead of, the less clear internal cluster/hostnames (i.e. atlas-abcdef-shard-0).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multitenancy of the billing section in MongoDB Atlas

Hi MongoDB team,

as the organization owner I don't want that my organizational members (developers, project owners etc.) have access to the billing section. Currently every member (independent on the granted rights) has the rights to see the complete billing section and can see the whole invoice incl. the names of the projects. This isn't acceptable regarding compliance because we are working together with external companies and their colleagues shouldn't have the ability to see all invoices.

Please make the billing section of MongoDB Atlas available to handle multitenancy - so that only the organization owner can see the billing…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add tunnelling to allow querying Cloud Backup snapshots

The Legacy Backups have a feature to allow connecting (tunnelling) to a snapshot to query it. This allows querying a database snapshot which is great for quickly inspecting data in the past for troubleshooting. This would be handy to have for the Cloud Backups. With Cloud Backups instead I now have to download a snapshot, load it temporarily on a cluster and remove it when done.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Realm to stream application logs to Splunk (or other third party services)

It would be ideal if there was some native way to send Realm application logs to Splunk (and other third-party log aggregation services), instead of having to build an application in a separate environment to poll this API endpoint (https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/admin/api/v3/#logging-apis) and push logs to Splunk from there.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Connect modal button to a location accessible from any cluster tab

I often want to connect to the cluster after browsing in the Collections tab (e.g. to run some test queries via the shell).

The Connect button (available in the Overview tab) makes connecting easy, but this button is not visible in the Collections tab -- I have to click into Overview or the Clusters page to access the Connect modal button.

Can we surface a Connect button so that it is clickable from any tab in the cluster page?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for Azure VNet Gateway Transit

Azure VNet Peering is currently very limited as access is only possible from the VNet that is peered.
    Could you please support access from onprem via private network (Express Route or S2S VPN) and Gateway Transit.
    Maybe another way to achieve the same could be via "Private Endpoint".

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show driver/application/user metadata in Query Profiler query summaries

It would be helpful if the Query Profiler showed the driver and user metadata associated with the connection over which a particular query was run.

After clicking on a particular plotted operation in the Query Profiler, the sidebar pops up and shows execution statistics and structure of the plotted op, but doesn't show anything about the driver/application/user that issued the command.

This query summary would be more actionable if the driver, driver version, application name, and user were also displayed in the query sidebar (these details may be recorded in a separate log entry from the command itself).

This information…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Log browser and log search capability across replicaset nodes.

Currently to search through logs we have to download them and search through each log. It would be helpful to have a log browser capability that would allow us to look through and search all logs from the Atlas portal interface.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Expose Atlas Replica Set Tags in UI

Atlas replica set members are pre-configured with tag sets: https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/replica-set-tags/

There's no way to see what the tags are set to via the UI. It would be helpful to see this information.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add " Auto-scaling" events of the clusters to the Activity feed

Auto scaling is a great feature and as of now if any cluster gets scaled up/down an alert email will be sent to the email list provided in the Access Manager . However , in the activity feed we are unable to see them .

Use case:

For instance if an user want to know how many times the Auto-scaling happened and at what specified time that event occurred on a particular cluster there is no definitive answer as the only way is to check the email alerts that's been received.

It would be great if there is a way…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Profiler should only watch queries from certain users

It would be useful to provide the profiler an "allowlist" and "denylist" of users to watch queries from. Essentially, it is only useful to receive alerts and profiler reports for queries made by actual applications. It is not useful to have alerts show up for one-off queries made by a DB admin using a DB explorer.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Viewing Collection Pages

Would like the option to view collection pages by 10, 20, 50, 100. Along with ability to move to (<first) (last>). Similar to mLab

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Billing Alerts per Project

Currently, we can configure Atlas to send an alert when the current bill for any project is above a specific amount. It would be great to be able to set alerts for specific projects. This way we could more easily manage budget fors projects and alert project owners.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being able to change the cluster name

a cluster has been in development for awhile .. but as new cluster are created within the project.. we'd like to change the cluster name ..

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to stay logged in for a long period of time

I access Mongo Cloud / Atlas very frequently. However, almost every day I need to re-login using my Google account. It doesn't seem to "remember" my session.
    I would love if I can extend the default, and let me (and other members) stay logged in for a longer period of time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show in the UI when an index build is ongoing, and when it completes

When indexes are built from an application or a mongorestore there's no way to see if it's ongoing in the UI.

There should be an indication in the "Real-time" tab saying that an index on collection X is in progress. This would explain why performance is currently impacted.

It would be good to see index start and end marked on the "Metrics" visualizations so we can see the impact of index builds on IOPS, CPU, memory etc. This could help understand if we need to upscale the cluster.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base