Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow log level to be configured per cluster/node

Atlas clusters don't support the setParameter command and, as a result, users aren't able to configure log levels. I understand the reasoning behind not exposing permissions to run setParameter to DB users so, in lieu of that, it would really helpful if Atlas users were able to configure log levels through the Atlas UI, preferably at the Node or Cluster level.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Azure Private Endpoint

Enable connectivity in Azure using private endpoints

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ignore notimeout cursor (after initial warning?) to avoid breaking compatibility with apps

In Q4 2020, the notimeout cursor was no longer allowed on free or shared instances.

As several DB management tools hardcoded this option for optimum performance it breaks compatibility with them. We use a combination of free/shared-tier instances for dev in combination with dedicated instances for production; this limit effectively means we either have to WAY overprovision our dev resources, or we can't use our tooling anymore on it.

Please provide a way to simply ignore the notimeout option, instead of breaking its connection.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to restore one or more db from snap to cluster. Right now, it involves manual dump and restore

Currently we can only restore full cluster from backup like snap using GUI interface. If we want to restore one or more specific db, it needs manual dump and restore from backup. if we have an option to restore specific db to cluster through GUI interface, it will be very useful.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annual Snapshot Retention Policy Option

I have customers that would like the ability to retain annual snapshots going back 5 or so years for compliance reasons. Currently, you can do this with monthly snapshots by retaining for 5*12 months, but then you have to store all the monthly snapshots in between.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create databases and collections via API thorough Terraform

Create databases (DB) and collections via API thorough Terraform after the cluster has been created in Atlas. This would provide the ease of writing and running it in a single script before any data is loaded.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Time based auto scaling

Our production server workload is less after 5 pm till the next day morning at 6 am CST times. We are running MongoDB in full capacity even on off-peak times. It's not possible for someone to manually downscale the cluster during off-peak and I don't think the CPU utilization based auto-scaling is working for us. I would like to choose auto-scaling between CPU based or time based as set my own time window and choose the auto scale/down-sclae.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merge All Of the MongoDB services Into 1

I have multiple feedbacks/ideas:

1) There is MongoDB Atlas, Realm, & Stitch. Why don't you merge all of it into one - MongoDB Atlas.

2) Instead of creating Organizations -> Project -> Clusters, you can just create Organizations -> Clusters without the Project.

There are a lot of platforms, which is very confusing for all of the developers to use. Instead, there can be only one platform in which, they can perform everything with simple integration of the programming languages.

You could simplify your docs as well and like I said, have only one type of integration with all of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scaling cluster connections independent of cluster size/tier

Currently whenever you want to increase Atlas cluster connections, you have to scale up Cluster Tiers. When an application doesn't require additional disk storage but only additional connections the additional cost is difficult to justify.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SNMP

Enable SNMP setup on Atlas Resources.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to delete account

I really need to delete my account as this is not what I am looking for.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. LDAP support for Atlas Organization

This is a request to support LDAP for Atlas Organizations, not just Atlas Projects. The reason would be for easier access management - when someone leaves the company and their access to the Atlas Org (or in general cloud.mongodb.com / the Atlas portal) needs to be revoked, it would be easier to manage this from the LDAP console.

An alternate solution would be the ability to add IP addresses to an access list at the Atlas Org level (not just Project level.) Then when someone leaves the company, their IP address could easily be removed from the Atlas Org and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include cluster labels with Invoices API response.

Using the Invoices API to aggregate cluster costs by label involves cross-referencing the Cluster API. Including cluster label information as part of the Invoices response would eliminate this extra step.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make RSS feed entries more consistent

We would like to consume your status RSS feed to help us programmatically warn our internal groups when you have issues in a given region. One problem that we see with this is that the messages that we have seen posted are pretty inconsistent with how they specify regions. Examples: Oregon (us-west-2), AWS EU-WEST-2, AWS Sao Paulo. It would be very helpful to us, and probably your other customers as well, if the messages were more consistent in how they reference AWS regions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow to set billing alerts per project

I have different projects where I expect and calculate with different costs. I would like to set billing alerts per project, for example if an internal evaluation projects execeeds a specific biling the threshold is probably lower then for a production project.

Similar to the currenty billing alerts, I would to set a billing alert, but either per project or with different thresholds for each project.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. please offer a way to delete the content of a collection

I wish there were a way to allow a user to delete the contents of a collection within a database, that allows the collection to continue. Essentially I want an easy way to empty a collection to allow new data to be filled in its place.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Governance rules at the organization level

Hello team,

Would it be possible to be able to set up governance rules at the organization level in order to control certain configuration elements.

For example:
    Control authorized providers and regions for an organization to prevent creation of cluster in unauthorized regions. (We must keep the data in Canada for some of our databases)

Check the allowed IP (IP Access List) addresses

Disable the use of SCRAMS accounts for database access.

Control the "Data Explorer" functionality at the organization level to prevent its activation at the project level.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Redirection of ATLAS activity feed to a MongoDB cluster that we own.

Hello team,

Would it be possible to have a feature to redirect activity logs from ATLAS to a MongoDB cluster.

The idea is to be able to easily retrieve these logs with Kafka Connect and also to be able to easily query in these logs.

One could configure the redirection of activities at the organization and projects level by providing the Atlas cluster to use and the access accounts.

Example:
    Main organization
    - Project: "Activity Feed"
    - - Cluster: "Activity Feed Cluster"
    - - DB: "Atlas Activities by organization"
    - - - Collection: "Activities by project"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow auto-scale for IOPS.