Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Azure snapshot backups from LRS to GRS

Sorry but this is a must. GRS is a 2 region datacenter backup, LRS only 1. Fire or disaster will take out everything if LRS is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Online Archive with Customer Encryption Keys

I'd like to use Online Archive but I need to use Encryption Keys that my company manages, not ones provided by MongoDB.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Online Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. billing

The billing invoice is split by project. If we have multiple team in the same project, it a puzzle. We need to bill by cluster in this case.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to create more than one index at once

We have migrated a huge collection with nearly 100million records into Atlas. It takes 3 hours to add indexes to it using the rollover strategy and we have tens of indexes to create.

It would be great to simply define all indexes once before starting to apply them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Thank you

As a diabetic who relies on Nightscout but is not very experienced regarding building apps and utilising databases, etc., I just wanted to say thank you very much for the clear step-by-step mlab migration instructions and video that you provided. I was able to follow these and it all seems to have worked! Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MongoDB Sink Connector - Confluent Cloud

Confluent cloud -Mongodb Sink connector requires Atlas whitelist IP to 0.0.0.0/0 which is a security issue on our side. Can mongodb partner with confluent and provide a solution that can be accessed through VPC private link? We are very interested in mnogodb Sink Connector for our solution so we don't have to maintain aws ec2 instances for the sink connectors.

https://www.confluent.io/blog/confluent-cloud-offers-kafka-mongodb-connector-fully-managed-clusters/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Indicate operation errors already in the plan phase

This idea originates from my original bug report: https://github.com/mongodb/terraform-provider-mongodbatlas/issues/284

Changing the name of an existing custom_db_role is currently not possible without ending in an error in the apply step. The plan for a name change currently indicates the replacement due to the name change:

# module.versioner.mongodbatlas_custom_db_role.this must be replaced

-/+ resource "mongodbatlas_custom_db_role" "this" {
    ~ id = "someid" -> (known after apply)
    project_id = "5c860ed2a6f2396cd47f4785"
    ~ role_name = "old_name" -> "newName" # forces replacement

Applying this results in the following error:
    > Error: error deleting custom db role (mongoversioner): DELETE https://cloud.mongodb.com/api/atlas/v1.0/groups/projectid/customDBRoles/roles/old_name: 409 (request "Conflict") Deleting specified custom role would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Aggregation builder history

Add some way to restore old aggregations pipelines from history, that way, even if I accidently closed the UI. I will have backup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Helpful error message when restoring backup

When I recently attempted to restore a db backup I got a cryptic error message stating "Error: Cluster Not Found"--which was extremely confusing considering that I pressed the restore button in the backup options. After some great tech support, I added my user as project owner and everything worked fine.

Please make the error message clearer in both the Restore and Download backup scenarios.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alerts "Users do not have two-factor authentication enabled" should name violators

In the email for alerts of type "Users do not have two-factor authentication enabled" it would be helpful to see the user id of the “violator” (user which does not have two-factor authentication enabled), so that I don’t even have to click and log in to Atlas.

Maybe this could be make optional, if there are privacy/security concerns about sending around the user ID in cleartext.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expo support

It would be great if we could use "MongoDB Realm" with Expo (expo.io).

I understand that the React Native SDK would be hard to integrate therefore the Web SDK for MongoDB Realm would be the ideal integration choice.

Many people use Firebase/Firestore's Web SDK with Expo, enabling the MongoDB Realm Web SDK to work with Expo in the same way would allow many Expo apps to use MongoDB Realm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow NewRelic integration to use EU APIs instead of default US APIs for clusters in EU region

The NewRelic integration in MongoDB is using the default NewRelic API that is in non-EU region. There is a separate API endpoint for EU region, that is described at https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/using-new-relic/welcome-new-relic/get-started/introduction-eu-region-data-center#.

This is causing 'newRelicLicenseKey' failed to authenticate error for the MongoDB Atlas cluster setup in EU region.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Replace editor with MLab's editor

Get rid of the dropdowns and give me a text box. Or at least an option to toggle off type safety.

I see the strength of Mongo as being untyped, but this editor is forcing in type. In addition, it is incredibly clunky to use when adding new fields by hand.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow multiple Billing emails

Allow multiple billing e-mails instead of just one. There are multiple people in our org who want a copy of the invoices, but I don't want them sent to the entire org (which is what happens if there's no billing e-mail)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add replica set name to cluster info main page

It would be nice to get quick access to the name of the replica set from the cluster overview page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Creating cluster specific network Access rules

I am running several clusters while one of them is for the main product we run extras to have consistent data between our test deployments issue is while we are running we change or deploy multiple servers and adding all these servers one by one for testing is not convenient not to mention we use our personal computers as well so we are opening a connection from all IP addresses. When we do that our main server also opens for every IP address which is not good.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow creation of Atlas organizations in Terraform

there are really 3 steps for our dev teams to get moving in Atlas:
    1. create an org
    2. create a project
    3. create a cluster
    the first one is the only one that still has to be done from a console. if we had a terraform script to create an org in our account, we could trigger creation after approval in ServiceNow

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Run aggregation pipelines on dedicated resources

When dealing with large collections(my usecase is 2billion+) it would make sense to run these aggregation's on dedicated resources like Azure Functions(my guess is that currently the aggregation pipelines are run(and somehow throttled) on the same resources as the cluster runs.

Not sure how much are the aggregations internally tied to how the data is stored(maybe they are somehow taking advantage of that) but if its straight up pipe with filters and aggregations on top of it, this would be a huge step to allow using Mongo as Big Data Platform, since it would allow reasonable scaling of the pipeline…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please could you extend the modify cluster API so that when an M20+ cluster is downsized to the next size the API command executes a sanity

Please could you extend the modify cluster API so that when an M20+ cluster is downsized to the next smaller size, the API command executes a sanity check to see if the smaller size has sufficient resources?

Return a 40x if the smaller size has insufficient resources.

Many user have Production systems that don't need huge resources over night so smaller machine size is sufficient

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change the term "Whitelist" to "Safelist" in the Atlas Network Access UI

To avoid use of terminology that for some will have racial connotations remove the term "whitelist" from the Atlas UI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base