Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. peering

allow multiple Atlas CIDR (VPC Region) in the same project and allow attaching each cluster to the desired vpc.

today in order to have multiple vpcs in atlas (for example dev &prod)
    they need to be separated projects, that create a lot of duplicated work and settings

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hosting Atlas on DigitalOcean

In addition to AWS, Azure and GC, give an option to host on DigitalOcean. DigitalOcean has a really cheap and well-made Kubernetes system that requires VPC because container IPs are always changing, and I would want them to connect to Atlas without having to just open Atlas to whitelist every IP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow me to pay for a month of "developer" level support without committing to a subscription

AWS lets you pay for a month of support at any time.
    My understanding of MongoDB support is that if you discontinue support and then start again a year later, you have to pay for all the interim months.
    Another way of doing this would be to pay per-incident. I like the monthly model better because it would work for people just getting started to ask a lot of questions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disk Usage Breakdown

When looking at the cluster page, I can see Disk Usage = 1.6GB, for example, but I don't know what the breakdown of that is. For instance, if I look at the same DB and add up the size of the collections themselves it's barely 1.5MB. So 1.6 Gig disk = 1.5 Meg data. I suspect this is oplog etc. but it is a pretty confusing potential red herring when diagnosing performance issues etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zapier Integration

Currently The Mongo Atlas connection string is not supported by Zapier! What??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide `replSetName` vs. `snapshotId` mapping in `GET /groups/{GROUP-ID}/clusters/{CLUSTER-NAME}/backup/snapshots` Public API call for each

What is the problem that needs to be solved? Provide replSetName vs. snapshotId mapping in GET /groups/{GROUP-ID}/clusters/{CLUSTER-NAME}/backup/snapshots Public API call for each snapshotId.

Why is it a problem? (the pain) You're doing automated disaster recovery (restore from Atlas to on-prem via Manual Restore) scenario and you need to know which snapshotId (and its corresponding .tar.gz file) is related to which Atlas Cluster Shard/Config Server Replica Set. E.g. 5e442aa4cf09a2352527536b = Cluster0-shard-0, 5e442aa4cf09a23525275370 = Cluster0-shard-1, 5e442aa4cf09a23525275375 = Cluster0-config-0.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Atlas Service Broker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. eviction metrics

Please include eviction metrics as well in monitored metrics in atlas so that it will provide an overview how many evictions are happening in particular time and there by decide correct memory for the instance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Alerts to be disabled during Atlas performed Maintenances

When Atlas is performing maintenances such as setting changes and OS reboots Alerts will be triggered. It would be helpful to have these Alerts be disabled so that it doesn't cause false alarms or so much noise that they are ignored.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give an option to pause the cluster as a parameter, at the moment it is auto activating after 30 days of cluster pause which is not required

Give an option to pause the cluster as a parameter for specific duration of time, at the moment it is auto activating after 30 days of cluster pause which is not required for all the users and manually we have to keep an eye on this at the moment.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing custom Role and Action toggle issue

When adding or editing a custom role in Atlas - When I expand/collapse the Actions or Roles in dropdown, it also toggles the checkboxes. So, when I want to see the roles and actions available, it also checks/unchecks the checkbox, which makes editing the actions in roles difficult.

Please click on highlighted areas in Atlas, as shown in screenshot attached

Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to stop the snapshot restore in the Atlas UI

This is a feature request for ability to stop the snapshot restore in the Atlas UI

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support HITRUST certification for Atlas

Some companies want a certification from HITRUST <https://hitrustalliance.net/about-us/> in order to put workloads in the cloud

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extend / Configurable retention time of audit logs

This is a feature request to extend or have configurable retention time of audit logs more than 30 days in Atlas.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pause and Resume clusters needs a timestamp in the JSON

Currently clusters can only be paused for 7 days. After that period they must be resumed for at least one hour. However the time of resumption is not included in the result from the resume REST call. If that data was included a script could determine easily when to pause a cluster again after maintenance jobs are finished.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Invoice: Ability to post items to a collection daily

You have daily line items on invoices. It would be great to be able to configure our billing to post to one of our collections. This would allow me to put charts on top of usage across all of our project and not just monthly

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to download invoices in JSON Format

You provide the ability to download invoices in PDF, Txt and CSV format.
    Would be great to download them in JSON Format

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Increase the Contrast of the Delete Document Button

The delete button with low contrast is the one that appears after you click the delete icon on for a document on the collections screen.
    The button text is white on a pink background.
    See attached file.
    It is hard to see the button.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bulk multiple delete

Especially during testing, when you create masses of bogus, invalid records, would it be nice to have a better interface for batch deletion. Having selected multiple records I should be able to delete them in one go, which is not the case currently. There are multiple way to solve it UI-wise - won't dig into details.

Also, sometimes the whole collection becomes worthless, in which case a button "Clear collection" would be a handy tool.

I understand the safety concerns for collections which are in production. Maybe we could flag project/collection as development/production - in which case some features would…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base