Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk multiple delete

Especially during testing, when you create masses of bogus, invalid records, would it be nice to have a better interface for batch deletion. Having selected multiple records I should be able to delete them in one go, which is not the case currently. There are multiple way to solve it UI-wise - won't dig into details.

Also, sometimes the whole collection becomes worthless, in which case a button "Clear collection" would be a handy tool.

I understand the safety concerns for collections which are in production. Maybe we could flag project/collection as development/production - in which case some features would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Atlas - Preferences - My Date Format - allow 24hr

We can specify date format but the time format is limited to 12hr clock. Please allow us to specify 24hr so the activity log and rest of the UI is a little easier to read. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disk queue length metric

Atlas exposes a few hardware metrics including Util% (presumably obtained from iostat or similar). However this metric is not very significant in the age of SSDs - a volume could be 100% utilized and still have spare capacity. A more useful storage-level metric is Average queue length - this is easier to interpret (high queue length = storage contention).

Would it be possible to add this metric to Atlas monitoring?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide callback method for API calls to avoid polling

Provide some callback method (webhook URL, push notification, etc) that an API call can use to indicate it's done. That way the user doesn't have to sit and poll endlessly.

Some examples of where this would help:

• After creating a restore job, waiting for the snapshot download URL to be ready.

• After modifying the automationConfig, waiting for all agents to report that they're in goal state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add API endpoint for Organizational Settings

To be able to change and read Organizational Settings in an automated matter, support for Organizational Settings should be added to the Mongo Atlas API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Renaming DATABASE without dump/restore

Hello,

after a discussion with a MongoDB architect during a consulting day, the rename of a database was possible in previous version of MongoDB but now, it's impossible without a dump / restore process.

We don't want use a dump/restore process to rename a database because it's use a lot of time.

Could you tell me why this feature was deleted ? and will it be possible in a future MongoDb version ?

thanks.
    regards,
    David.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3rd Party Hooks

Within Atlas today, we have a number of channel options to send alerts (Ex. OpsGenie, Slack, VictorOps).

I would like to see a hook integration provided by Atlas so any tool can recieve alerts from their cluster. Ex. I can recieve my cluster alert in Microsoft Teams.

3rd party hooks can increase the stickiness of Atlas and improve freedoms for teams and their existing toolsets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. LDAP Authentication: Allow Private Endpoint to the customer

Currently, LDAP Authentication from Atlas to a customer's LDAP service can go via the Internet or via VPC peering. In lieu of VPC peering, I propose using a Private Endpoint FROM Atlas TO a customer VPC that hosts the LDAP service.

NOTE: This would NOT be using the same Private Endpoint connection that Atlas currently supports today, which allows customers to reach their clusters privately (Customer -> Atlas).
    This would be an additional Private Endpoint in the other direction (Atlas -> Customer).

Advantages of using Private Endpoint vs VPC peering:
    * Security: The customer VPC is not exposed to Atlas,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create collections and indexes on cluster creation

Allow creation of collections and indexes via terraform atlas plugin. The use case is that, when an atlas cluster is being set up, we want to enable the indexes on the collections from the start.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve database access tab

Managing permissions for users is a pain right now. It's a lot of clicks, it quickly becomes messy and sometimes the modal closes without saving changes.

It would be a lot easier if we could import a CSV containing all permissions for a certain user (user name, permission type, database name, collection name)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Network Peering to be used by Atlas Triggers / Realm Apps

What is the problem that needs to be solved? Some users want to receive outgoing network connections (e.g. with HTTP/HTTPS traffic) from Atlas (Atlas Triggers / Realm Apps) via their configured Network Peering, i.e. via private IP address space (so that everything is kept in private IP address space and nobody outside could reach it). Example: customer would like to have Atlas Trigger / Realm App which will notify (via HTTP) some of customer's internal system(s) about a change/trigger.

Why is it a problem? (the pain) Current Atlas (Atlas Triggers / Realm Apps) behavior does not allow to use private…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Project Monitoring Admin -- Access

Hi Team,

We need to give access to a particular team so they can create, edit, clone, disable, and delete the alarm for the entire organization in Alert setting only.

We should not give them access other than the Alert setting. Is there any way to give access for Alert setting only, kindly provide your suggestions at the earliest.

Please provide us steps if there's any way to create custom access for alert settings alone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow custom date range to be submitted in Query Profiler

Currently the Query Profiler can plot queries that were logged up to 24 hours in the past.

It would be helpful to allow for visualization of a custom date range older than 24 hours ago, rather than only queries logged within the past 24 hours. This could help with RCAs for events that occurred more than 1 day ago, and also help teams who collaborate to investigate queries over a time period longer than 1 day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Atlas User Data Access Permissions to be configured on a per-database/collection basis

Similarly to how database user data access permissions can be configured on a per-database or per-collection basis, it would be ideal if Atlas user data access permissions (as they apply to Data Explorer) could be configured on a more granular basis as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve online archive Status

add more to the status of the online archive - for example, if I set it to 7days back it's good to know that currently at 80days.

An example: for a very big collection it takes long time to archive - so either show a % left until it caught up or show number of days currently at

other nice details: number of documents archived, archive rate, etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Online Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Real Time data explorer

I would like to see documents inserted into the database in a shell show up on the cloud data explorer UI in real time without refreshing the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be great to have a tool with historical data about database and collection.

It would be great to have a function where we can , using only atlas interface to filter a month and a year , and we cann see historical data about sizes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow more aggressive downscaling of clusters

Autoscaling clusters down a tier doesn't seem to work very well. Even under rather low memory usage, it doesn't seem like the procedure really ever triggers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Permission level to query snapshots

Right now I have to give an admin permission to allow someone on my team to query snapshots from a backup (i.e. downloading the tunnel file).
    I don't want to give an admin permission just to allow our data analysts or a developer trying to understand data corruptions to view the database at an older date.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save common collection filter/query

As an ex-mLab customer, I used to really enjoy having common queries on collections saved, like "find a customer", "list latest X" etc Is a dropdown with a name and the query, so when you select it you can quickly perform the search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base