Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Migration Tutorial Video

I did a live migration from mLab to Atlas quite recently. Although, the steps for migration were simple and easy to execute it took me alot of time to get over the fear of migrating without losing any data. A tutorial video of the entire process would have calmed my nerves and helped me take a lot less time in the process.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unique VPC Peer CIDR

Prevent the same VPC Peer CIDR block, is it currently possible to have 2 projects with same CIDR block, which requires us to delete our clusters and peer before creating new clusters

There should be a way to prevent them from having same CIDR block or the ability to change the CIDR block AFTER they are created

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support native Azure authentication for the DB, e.g. service principal

Customers often want centralized permissioning for the database and LDAP is not generally supported well in the cloud. If a customer is using Azure, they want us to support Azure AD for database authentication. I believe that means using service principals

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. atlas portal ip whitelist

We were given this idea from a security audit.

From a security-in-depth perspective we would like to be able to restrict logins on the atlas portal to only whitelisted IP's, this would be analog as to how API whitelisting works at the organization level.
    This is to prevent login's other than from our permitted sites.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to create and update database triggers via API

It would be really usefule to have the ability to create and update database triggers via the API. Currently, updates to triggers cannot be integrated into our testing and deployment process because the only way to update them is manually through the interface.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Atlas to send additional metrics to New Relic via integration

This is a request to add some additional metrics to those that are currently sent from Atlas to New Relic when the integration is enabled.

The specific metrics of interest here are:
    - Disk Space (%) Used (or Free)
    - DB Storage
    - Query Targeting

Having pointed out the above metrics specifically, I would also say: the closer that the metrics sent to New Relic via the Atlas integration can resemble those available in the Atlas cluster Metrics page, the better.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alert for WiredTiger Cache

Hi,

Can you please create an alert for WiredTiger metrics, such as used cache?

We had several cluster instances going over the 5% of used cached (dirty data) and would like to be notified when it happens.

Regards,
    Sergei

This is needed in order to determine whether

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make auto scaling alert message granular

When a cluster is changed due to auto scaling a message is sent to all project members. Project member cannot unsubscribe to this.
    Request :
    Provide the option, like all other alerts, to change the the alert settings for auto scaling

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add replica set name to cluster info main page

It would be nice to get quick access to the name of the replica set from the cluster overview page.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow individual Atlas database user to connect from different specific IP address only

The feature request is to allow individual Atlas database user to be able to connect from different specific IP address, instead of compulsorily having the whitelisted IP address apply to all database users.

I.e.
    UserA can only connect from ipA
    UserB can only connect from ipB

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Atlas Service Broker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow multiple Billing emails

Allow multiple billing e-mails instead of just one. There are multiple people in our org who want a copy of the invoices, but I don't want them sent to the entire org (which is what happens if there's no billing e-mail)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Limit certain users to create only specific cluster sizes

After discovering over-spending forced to remove Atlas permissions for all developers. Would be nice if I could limit them to create only M0 / M2 / M5 clusters as sandbox.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Atlas Service Broker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add 1 second granularity to ATLAS metrics

At present the finest granularity of ATLAS metrics is 1 minute ,as the metrics are averaged by 1 minute , this would not provide info on spikes lasting less than few seconds
    reducing the granularity to 1 second would give more insight

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Day granularity for Atlas-managed X.509 certificate

It would be great to add more granularity when creating an Atlas-managed X.509 certificate for a MongoDB user, i mean by day at least.
    Thank you

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. undo

A Simple Undo Function.

A Bit Of Background Information

Just talked to Julia from PR. Apparently "undo" is not an available feature.

YES,

there is a backup option for higher tier customers.

But,

I am not asking for a full on log of everything. Just a simple copy of the last added or deleted document in a collection for example. In case you accidentally clicked the confirm delete button on the document, your mouse was happening to hover over, when a spider jumped down from the ceiling and landed on your mouse.
    It happens.

Besides the point.

That functionality is

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give an option to pause the cluster as a parameter, at the moment it is auto activating after 30 days of cluster pause which is not required

Give an option to pause the cluster as a parameter for specific duration of time, at the moment it is auto activating after 30 days of cluster pause which is not required for all the users and manually we have to keep an eye on this at the moment.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More detail and lead time around maintenance notifications

When we get email notifications of upcoming maintenances, it doesn't specify if the update is "urgent" or "low". When we received our last notice, it was 3 days out. If it's urgent, then we understand the short time frame around the notice. However, if it's a lower priority update, I would hope we could configure how far out we are aware of the maintenance or at a minimum get notified 2 weeks prior so we can communicate to our end users.

Additional information around what the maintenance is for would be appreciated as well. Something along the lines of "Patching…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. remove the captcha from login, especially if 2 factor auth is enabled.

I very much dislike being asking to train ML models by doing picture identification just to login to my account. Please find a less offensive captcha process, or remove it entirely when 2 factor auth is enabled.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. YubiKey

Please consider adding 2FA support for hardware keys (Yubikey). Our company started enforcing this in our compliance policy for accessing production environments.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  4 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bulk multiple delete

Especially during testing, when you create masses of bogus, invalid records, would it be nice to have a better interface for batch deletion. Having selected multiple records I should be able to delete them in one go, which is not the case currently. There are multiple way to solve it UI-wise - won't dig into details.

Also, sometimes the whole collection becomes worthless, in which case a button "Clear collection" would be a handy tool.

I understand the safety concerns for collections which are in production. Maybe we could flag project/collection as development/production - in which case some features would…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base