Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Viewing Collection Pages

Would like the option to view collection pages by 10, 20, 50, 100. Along with ability to move to (<first) (last>). Similar to mLab

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to change the cluster name

a cluster has been in development for awhile .. but as new cluster are created within the project.. we'd like to change the cluster name ..

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Atlas maintenance Notification should include description of maintenance

Whenever Atlas wants to do maintenance, it is sending email alert about the timing of maintenance. In addition to that we are requesting information about the nature of maintenance also like Mongo patching , BI connector upgrade or increasing no of connections etc. This will give us the information about the work and we can broadcast the same to our counterparts so that they can also use the product efficiently.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow me to stay logged in for a long period of time

I access Mongo Cloud / Atlas very frequently. However, almost every day I need to re-login using my Google account. It doesn't seem to "remember" my session.
    I would love if I can extend the default, and let me (and other members) stay logged in for a longer period of time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show in the UI when an index build is ongoing, and when it completes

When indexes are built from an application or a mongorestore there's no way to see if it's ongoing in the UI.

There should be an indication in the "Real-time" tab saying that an index on collection X is in progress. This would explain why performance is currently impacted.

It would be good to see index start and end marked on the "Metrics" visualizations so we can see the impact of index builds on IOPS, CPU, memory etc. This could help understand if we need to upscale the cluster.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stackdriver Integration

Atlas Monitoring UI is great, but to ease centralization of alerts and dashboards..., it would be nice to have all atlas metrics in Cloud Monitoring too.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding indexes using terraform

Ability to add indexes after new clusters are created using Terraform and data has been loaded. It will help in more automation and auto recovery.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Profiler window should auto zoom to sampling period and show sampling period range

Atlas documentation states that the Query Profiler shows up to 10,000 queries within the past 24 hours:  https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/tutorial/profile-database/index.html#data-display-limitations

However, it is confusing to see that the Profiler cannot show more than a couple hours of data, likely because it is hitting the 10,000 entry limit.

The plot still shows a view showing 24 hours of time, but only the past couple hours have data plotted, misleadingly indicating that there are no slow queries before a couple hours ago – here's an example: https://p-37FYgJ.b1.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/JruWZDYK/Image%202020-03-25%20at%2010.49.32%20AM.png?v=7f79362e62c8d15a9f91f8ba4d5aecaf

Atlas should make the sampling time window clear in the Query Profiler graph so that we…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Atlas Alert for Remaining Credits

MongoDB will email Atlas customer when the prepaid Atlas credit is estimated to be exhausted within 30 days.

However, it would be good to have an alert for this in Atlas, e.g.

Alert if the remaining prepaid amount is lower than ... <an amount>

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include Human-Friendly Cluster Names in Alert Notifications

Please include the human-friendly cluster/host names in Monitoring Alert Notifications (e.g. email, PagerDuty, etc) in addition to, or instead of, the less clear internal cluster/hostnames (i.e. atlas-abcdef-shard-0).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multitenancy of the billing section in MongoDB Atlas

Hi MongoDB team,

as the organization owner I don't want that my organizational members (developers, project owners etc.) have access to the billing section. Currently every member (independent on the granted rights) has the rights to see the complete billing section and can see the whole invoice incl. the names of the projects. This isn't acceptable regarding compliance because we are working together with external companies and their colleagues shouldn't have the ability to see all invoices.

Please make the billing section of MongoDB Atlas available to handle multitenancy - so that only the organization owner can see the billing…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add tunnelling to allow querying Cloud Backup snapshots

The Legacy Backups have a feature to allow connecting (tunnelling) to a snapshot to query it. This allows querying a database snapshot which is great for quickly inspecting data in the past for troubleshooting. This would be handy to have for the Cloud Backups. With Cloud Backups instead I now have to download a snapshot, load it temporarily on a cluster and remove it when done.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make RSS feed entries more consistent

We would like to consume your status RSS feed to help us programmatically warn our internal groups when you have issues in a given region. One problem that we see with this is that the messages that we have seen posted are pretty inconsistent with how they specify regions. Examples: Oregon (us-west-2), AWS EU-WEST-2, AWS Sao Paulo. It would be very helpful to us, and probably your other customers as well, if the messages were more consistent in how they reference AWS regions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For creating indexes, show a list of fields, so as to easily select and add field that needs indexing.

While creating indexes using MDB atlas, there is no option to select from a list the fields that we want to add for indexing. For ease of use, this functionality must be added to Atlas GUI.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Realm to stream application logs to Splunk (or other third party services)

It would be ideal if there was some native way to send Realm application logs to Splunk (and other third-party log aggregation services), instead of having to build an application in a separate environment to poll this API endpoint (https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/admin/api/v3/#logging-apis) and push logs to Splunk from there.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow customers to download Atlas BI Connector process logs (similar to MongoDB Server logs)

What is the problem that needs to be solved? Customers are willing to troubleshoot / analyze Atlas BI Connector logs by themselves (they would like to investigate schema sampling timings, SQL/MongoDB query optimizations, connectivity issues, etc.).

Why is it a problem? (the pain) Currently available Download Logs option on Atlas Clusters does not include Atlas BI Connector process logs.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make collections scrollable

We have databases with many collections. The problem with that is that in order to select certain collection, I have to scroll the results part of the page. So I'm going up and down all the time I select another collection and make some query.

In sum, please add scroll in the collection explorer UI.

Regards

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to delete account

I really need to delete my account as this is not what I am looking for.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Expose the killOp() action when creating custom roles in Atlas UI

It would be nice to have the killOp() action exposed when creating a custom role in Atlas.

I also think it would make sense to grant this action to the atlasAdmin role, but at a minimum I feel that Project Owners should be able to create a custom role that is allowed to kill ops that were initiated by other database users.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Atlas] Enforce password policy for DB access

Currently is not possible to enforce any kind of password policy via Atlas UI.
    Would be nice to let user define an expiration time and password policy that user should meet.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base