Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stackdriver Integration

Atlas Monitoring UI is great, but to ease centralization of alerts and dashboards..., it would be nice to have all atlas metrics in Cloud Monitoring too.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename Hardware Metric "Util %"

Under hardware metrics for a given replica set, there is a metric for "Util %". It is unclear on what this represents. After careful digging through the documentation, it appears to be a metric for Disk Bandwidth Utilization. I believe the metric name should be updated to reflect at least "Disk Util %", if not something more specific.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live Migrate from Backup or Snapshot

If I already have Cloud Manager backups, or can take an EBS snapshot, I want to be able to quickly Live Migrate this replica set to minimize migration time and load on my existing infrastructure.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show a graph of BANKED iops (AWS)

Atlas monitoring is great... but it would be super helpful to see a graph of banked iops. (or an approximation of this)

Suppose my iops limit is 100... and during the night my bank gets fully charged to 5.4MM.
    During the heavy loads on my server, let's say my iops jump to a steady 500. This means that I am drawing 400 units from my bank. I can do this for 3.75 hours until my bank is exhausted.

It would be so helpful to see an iops bank balance drawing down during peak, recharging during off-peak... and thus getting insight…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "Copy as JSON" to Performance Advisor

In Performance Advisor, I can see sample queries for each index suggestion.
    They are formatted "nicely" for human viewing, but to actually investigate it, one would want to copy it as valid mongodb json, and run it with explain or analyze it in compass, or even just run it in a console to see how long it runs before and after the index addition.
    However, there is no way of doing that, and I have multiple times "translated" the good looking ui to a mongo query so I could run it elsewhere.
    This is a tedious and annoying thing (especially…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to change First and Last Name

It would be good if users are able to modify their First and Last Name after account creation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Dynatrace integration for monitoring with Atlas

This is a request to support an integration with Dynatrace for monitoring MongoDB deployments in Atlas.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include Human-Friendly Cluster Names in Alert Notifications

Please include the human-friendly cluster/host names in Monitoring Alert Notifications (e.g. email, PagerDuty, etc) in addition to, or instead of, the less clear internal cluster/hostnames (i.e. atlas-abcdef-shard-0).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Live Migrate modal: Allow users to point and click to select another Atlas source cluster

It is often practical to Live Migrate from one Atlas cluster to another Atlas cluster (e.g. to create another staging environment if backups are not enabled on the source, or migrate a production/staging environment to another dedicated project with minimal downtime).

Currently, the Live Migrate modal requires connection details from the source cluster, including the hostname of the primary, port, etc. Validation will fail if there are typos/errors in these inputs.

It would be easier to have a point-and-click option to "Migrate from another Atlas cluster" -- it could be a drop-down menu with names of other Atlas clusters in…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Removal of a Subset Documents From Online Archive

Hi,

We'd like to have the ability to remove documents from an Online Archive. Mainly based on a date, but possibly other criteria.

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Online Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Via API call invite existing atlas user & assigne them to project & teams

in are organization we want user to have a self serve service that allow them to create project, cluster ,etc ...

for now we can only automate half of the process, because we need the web UI to invite user & wait that they approve the invitation before assigning them to project.

It would be great than we could, via API call, invite user & assign them to project or team without having to use manual process & wait for user to acknowledge the invitation

thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expose Atlas Replica Set Tags in UI

Atlas replica set members are pre-configured with tag sets: https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/replica-set-tags/

There's no way to see what the tags are set to via the UI. It would be helpful to see this information.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Credits API

I need an API that will allow access to the items under credits in the billing page.
    This will allow me to pull this information daily into our master usage database to support our dashboards

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Atlas Alert for Remaining Credits

MongoDB will email Atlas customer when the prepaid Atlas credit is estimated to be exhausted within 30 days.

However, it would be good to have an alert for this in Atlas, e.g.

Alert if the remaining prepaid amount is lower than ... <an amount>

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. metrics

There might already be a way to do this, but I cannot find it. Please provide a way to combine "all primary" metrics into a single chart.

I love your metrics, but I hate that when primary moves from one server to another I get "data gaps" in my graphs. So then it becomes exceedingly difficult to look at temporal variations... requiring splicing together multiple segments from 2 or 3 different graphs.

I have attached a picture of what I am talking about. You can see that primary moved over for a few days so I get a graph with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multitenancy of the billing section in MongoDB Atlas

Hi MongoDB team,

as the organization owner I don't want that my organizational members (developers, project owners etc.) have access to the billing section. Currently every member (independent on the granted rights) has the rights to see the complete billing section and can see the whole invoice incl. the names of the projects. This isn't acceptable regarding compliance because we are working together with external companies and their colleagues shouldn't have the ability to see all invoices.

Please make the billing section of MongoDB Atlas available to handle multitenancy - so that only the organization owner can see the billing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create distinct indexes for Analytics nodes

To effectively use Workload Isolation, it is desirable to have different indexes on the operational cluster nodes than the indexes used to support analytics and reporting query patterns. It would be powerful for Atlas to enable different indexes on Analytics nodes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Realm to stream application logs to Splunk (or other third party services)

It would be ideal if there was some native way to send Realm application logs to Splunk (and other third-party log aggregation services), instead of having to build an application in a separate environment to poll this API endpoint (https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/admin/api/v3/#logging-apis) and push logs to Splunk from there.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base