Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. host down alert automatically silenced during atlas maintenances

Our clusters keeps sending loads of alerts during maintenance times about host is down and similar - it's logical and I understand that those are rolling updates so the functionality of the cluster is not affected. However it's quite unfortunate that host are down for quite a while (20 - 30 mins sometimes) and as we don't want to create unnecessary noise from atlas monitoring we had to bump up our slack and pager duty notification to be fired 30+ minutes. This covers maintenance but out of maintenance this is ridiculously high and we would like to know there is…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As a Collections tab, aka Data Explorer, user I want to view, search for, create and update UUID and GUID field values

The BSON spec includes support for UUID values, also known as GUID values.

The format of UUID values are defined in rfc4122.txt. For example,

f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6

Users would like to work with UUID/GUID values in Data Explorer as a fully supported data type, including search support in the RFC layout, ability to create new document fields of type UUID, support for UUID type _id fields and the ability to edit UUID values in existing documents.

The mongo shell documentation provides this example:

UUID("3b241101-e2bb-4255-8caf-4136c566a962")

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show in the UI when an index build is ongoing, and when it completes

When indexes are built from an application or a mongorestore there's no way to see if it's ongoing in the UI.

There should be an indication in the "Real-time" tab saying that an index on collection X is in progress. This would explain why performance is currently impacted.

It would be good to see index start and end marked on the "Metrics" visualizations so we can see the impact of index builds on IOPS, CPU, memory etc. This could help understand if we need to upscale the cluster.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stackdriver Integration

Atlas Monitoring UI is great, but to ease centralization of alerts and dashboards..., it would be nice to have all atlas metrics in Cloud Monitoring too.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A terraform resource for managing user access to the console

We have a platform (as code using Terraform) where we integrate Mongo Atlas in AWS. We have multiple teams with various privileges who access the Mongo Atlas console daily basis. We would always like to manage the users in our version control. As Terraform is one of the best infrastructure configuration tools, we would like to have a terraform resource in order to manage the users via.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add "Copy as JSON" to Performance Advisor

In Performance Advisor, I can see sample queries for each index suggestion.
    They are formatted "nicely" for human viewing, but to actually investigate it, one would want to copy it as valid mongodb json, and run it with explain or analyze it in compass, or even just run it in a console to see how long it runs before and after the index addition.
    However, there is no way of doing that, and I have multiple times "translated" the good looking ui to a mongo query so I could run it elsewhere.
    This is a tedious and annoying thing (especially…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include Human-Friendly Cluster Names in Alert Notifications

Please include the human-friendly cluster/host names in Monitoring Alert Notifications (e.g. email, PagerDuty, etc) in addition to, or instead of, the less clear internal cluster/hostnames (i.e. atlas-abcdef-shard-0).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live Migrate modal: Allow users to point and click to select another Atlas source cluster

It is often practical to Live Migrate from one Atlas cluster to another Atlas cluster (e.g. to create another staging environment if backups are not enabled on the source, or migrate a production/staging environment to another dedicated project with minimal downtime).

Currently, the Live Migrate modal requires connection details from the source cluster, including the hostname of the primary, port, etc. Validation will fail if there are typos/errors in these inputs.

It would be easier to have a point-and-click option to "Migrate from another Atlas cluster" -- it could be a drop-down menu with names of other Atlas clusters in…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow customer encryption key validation time interval

Currently, Atlas has a 15 minute interval where it checks access to remotely stored Customer Managed Encryption keys for the custom encryption at rest feature.

This value is not changeable, and it implies a problem: access to encryption keys can be lost for longer periods than 15 minutes without that implying that the key has been invalidated by the customer.

A perfect example of this was the recent Azure AD global outage that prevented all authentication to the Azure platform for about 3 hours (complete outage description: https://app.azure.com/h/SM79-F88/691d78). While the key used for one of our clusters was not…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow custom date range to be submitted in Query Profiler

Currently the Query Profiler can plot queries that were logged up to 24 hours in the past.

It would be helpful to allow for visualization of a custom date range older than 24 hours ago, rather than only queries logged within the past 24 hours. This could help with RCAs for events that occurred more than 1 day ago, and also help teams who collaborate to investigate queries over a time period longer than 1 day.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Time based auto scaling

Our production server workload is less after 5 pm till the next day morning at 6 am CST times. We are running MongoDB in full capacity even on off-peak times. It's not possible for someone to manually downscale the cluster during off-peak and I don't think the CPU utilization based auto-scaling is working for us. I would like to choose auto-scaling between CPU based or time based as set my own time window and choose the auto scale/down-sclae.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Via API call invite existing atlas user & assigne them to project & teams

in are organization we want user to have a self serve service that allow them to create project, cluster ,etc ...

for now we can only automate half of the process, because we need the web UI to invite user & wait that they approve the invitation before assigning them to project.

It would be great than we could, via API call, invite user & assign them to project or team without having to use manual process & wait for user to acknowledge the invitation

thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for User Groups with Separate Authentication Configurations

Currently Atlas only uses a single (flat) user group which only allows for 1 type of authentication per Organization.

However if Federated Authentication is enabled, the authentication mechanism in Atlas is bypassed for the IdP based on the domain name of the user and the configuration of Atlas Authentication.

This causes a problem if there are multiple groups of users who all share a domain name, some of whom are registered in an IdP, and some of whom are not registered in an IdP (for example users in 2 divisions of the same company).

In this scenario, users who are…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support native Azure authentication for the DB, e.g. service principal

Customers often want centralized permissioning for the database and LDAP is not generally supported well in the cloud. If a customer is using Azure, they want us to support Azure AD for database authentication. I believe that means using service principals

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow me to stay logged in for a long period of time

I access Mongo Cloud / Atlas very frequently. However, almost every day I need to re-login using my Google account. It doesn't seem to "remember" my session.
    I would love if I can extend the default, and let me (and other members) stay logged in for a longer period of time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve 2FA and auth management

Right now, there is no way to require Google auth or to require 2FA. The only way to enforce 2FA for a team is to check the team mangagement page. However, since some users may have only used Google auth to login, they will show up in this view as not having 2FA, creating auditing headaches. Please
    - indicate if a user does not have 2fa because they do not have a password vs just not having 2fa
    - ideally, add the ability to require 2fa and/or Google auth for all team members

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to change First and Last Name

It would be good if users are able to modify their First and Last Name after account creation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. YubiKey

Please consider adding 2FA support for hardware keys (Yubikey). Our company started enforcing this in our compliance policy for accessing production environments.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  6 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Configurable number of insertion workers per collection for mongomirror

Mongorestore allows for the number of concurrent insertion workers per collection to be increased using the [--numInsertionWorkersPerCollection](https://docs.mongodb.com/database-tools/mongorestore/#std-option-mongorestore.--numInsertionWorkersPerCollection) option.

However, this is not available for mongomirror -- while you can increase the number of collections copied in parallel ([--numParallelCollections](https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/mongomirror/#std-option-mongomirror.--numParallelCollections)), there's no parameter surfaced to allow more inserts to be occurring at the same time over multiple threads within each collection.

|t would be helpful to have a parameter like this to use to increase parallelization in order to increase the speed of migrations of large collections.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Restrict specific users or client IPs to only Analytics node(s)

There are use-cases where certain users or client IPs need to be given access restricted to only the Analytics node(s) . While it is possible to grant such users read-only permissions at the database/collection level, and have them use the ANALYTICS replica set tag in their connection string URI, it might still be possible for those users to connect to a Primary or a Secondary node (when not using the Analytics replica set tag) and run their query there.

Therefore, a feature that will either restrict specific users access to only the Analytics node(s) or a functionality that will restrict…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base