Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autoscaling - CPU/ Memory Utilization duration monitor - Minutes

Hi, Currently there is no option to initiate auto scaling during heavy workload/ requests comes and the cpu/ memory utilization is 75% for the even within
    - 5 minutes
    - 15 minutes
    - 30 minutes
    - 45 minutes

The system has to wait for 1 hour to autoscale to next tier.This one of the concerns for the heavy workload applications.

Idea:

Add a custom duration option as

• minutes also while monitoring the cpu / memory utilization

Example : When a CPU / Memory utilization is above 75% for the past 15 minutes , move the cluster to the next tier…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show a graph of BANKED iops (AWS)

Atlas monitoring is great... but it would be super helpful to see a graph of banked iops. (or an approximation of this)

Suppose my iops limit is 100... and during the night my bank gets fully charged to 5.4MM.
    During the heavy loads on my server, let's say my iops jump to a steady 500. This means that I am drawing 400 units from my bank. I can do this for 3.75 hours until my bank is exhausted.

It would be so helpful to see an iops bank balance drawing down during peak, recharging during off-peak... and thus getting insight…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support node type or node tags as condition in MongoDB Atlas Alert

Currently, the MongoDB Atlas does not support the node types [1] or node tags [2] as the condition in Atlas alerts. That would be super inconvenient for the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: If the user wants to create an alert to monitor the specific node type, such as READ_ONLY node or ANALYTICS nodes, there is no convenient way to achieve it. The current approach must set up the alert by using the hardcode hostname.

Scenario 2: If the user has some electable nodes and a analytics node in a cluster, and wants to focus on monitoring the electable nodes (workload),…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase monitoring metrics resolution retention time on views of 1min & 5mins

The speed at which usable monitoring metrics data (1m, 5m) is purged and reduced to 1hr is way too quick.

After 1hr, the ability to analyze these metrics that are crucial to investigating a performance issue were lost and hindered the root cause analysis.

I would suggest that 1m or at least 5m resolution metrics be retained for at least a week before being purged.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Dynatrace integration for monitoring with Atlas

This is a request to support an integration with Dynatrace for monitoring MongoDB deployments in Atlas.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow option to configure default project_owner when creating projects through API key

We're currently using the Atlas Service Broker (https://github.com/mongodb/atlas-osb) which is built using the native Atlas REST APIs.

In the project creation, it creates the project using the POST /api/atlas/v1.0/groups endpoint via an API key. As a result, we have an unexpected user added as the project_owner of the project.

THis is due to:
    IMPORTANT

To create a project using API Key credentials, you must specify an orgId. When you do, Atlas automatically selects the Owner of the specified organization with the earliest account creation date and time as the Project Owner for the newly created project.

The API…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Atlas Service Broker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow log level to be configured per cluster/node

Atlas clusters don't support the setParameter command and, as a result, users aren't able to configure log levels. I understand the reasoning behind not exposing permissions to run setParameter to DB users so, in lieu of that, it would really helpful if Atlas users were able to configure log levels through the Atlas UI, preferably at the Node or Cluster level.

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to download backup snapshots from BYO-KMS encrypted clusters

Many clients download backup snapshots to keep an offline copy of their data either to restore it into their on-prem development environment or to keep an offline copy of their data. At the moment, Atlas does not allow downloading backup snapshots that have customer BYO-KMS encryption enabled.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow custom DNS hostnames to be added to cluster config / TLS certs

Since Atlas clusters now support different sets of hostnames, it would be good to explore the feasibility of allowing users to add their own hostnames to the cluster configuration and TLS certificates such that custom connection strings can be used.

One use case for this is being able to "wrap" Atlas connection strings, such that an application's connection string would never need to change despite underlying cluster changes (cluster being moved between projects, etc.)

This could also be useful if you wished to whitelabel your cluster.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Profiler should only watch queries from certain users

It would be useful to provide the profiler an "allowlist" and "denylist" of users to watch queries from. Essentially, it is only useful to receive alerts and profiler reports for queries made by actual applications. It is not useful to have alerts show up for one-off queries made by a DB admin using a DB explorer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Atlas maintenance Notification should include description of maintenance

Whenever Atlas wants to do maintenance, it is sending email alert about the timing of maintenance. In addition to that we are requesting information about the nature of maintenance also like Mongo patching , BI connector upgrade or increasing no of connections etc. This will give us the information about the work and we can broadcast the same to our counterparts so that they can also use the product efficiently.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rename Hardware Metric "Util %"

Under hardware metrics for a given replica set, there is a metric for "Util %". It is unclear on what this represents. After careful digging through the documentation, it appears to be a metric for Disk Bandwidth Utilization. I believe the metric name should be updated to reflect at least "Disk Util %", if not something more specific.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Profiler window should auto zoom to sampling period and show sampling period range

Atlas documentation states that the Query Profiler shows up to 10,000 queries within the past 24 hours:  https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/tutorial/profile-database/index.html#data-display-limitations

However, it is confusing to see that the Profiler cannot show more than a couple hours of data, likely because it is hitting the 10,000 entry limit.

The plot still shows a view showing 24 hours of time, but only the past couple hours have data plotted, misleadingly indicating that there are no slow queries before a couple hours ago – here's an example: https://p-37FYgJ.b1.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/JruWZDYK/Image%202020-03-25%20at%2010.49.32%20AM.png?v=7f79362e62c8d15a9f91f8ba4d5aecaf

Atlas should make the sampling time window clear in the Query Profiler graph so that we…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Live Migrate from Backup or Snapshot

If I already have Cloud Manager backups, or can take an EBS snapshot, I want to be able to quickly Live Migrate this replica set to minimize migration time and load on my existing infrastructure.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upload good tutorials in YouTube about connecting database with available three options.

Upload good tutorials in YouTube about connecting mongodb atlas with available three options.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep context of Metrics dashboard

on MongoAtlas metrics dashboard, I can organize graphically different metrics as I want to display first "insert" metric for example, then "cpu" metric, etc ...
    If I change this actual order, then I go to another screen (for example "network access") and finally I come back to this metric dashboard, my new metrics added (insert, cpu, ...) in first position are not in wanted first position (at the top of metrics list), but at the end of this metrics list.

It would be great to keep metrics context (displayed metrics and ordering) on Metrics dashboard.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow an "Any Database" option for actions in custom roles

Much like built-in roles have the ability to target all databases/any database, it would be ideal if collection actions could also target any database. Similarly to how, when adding collection actions to a custom role, if you leave the "collection" field blank, it applies to all collections in the specified DB, it would be great if you could leave the "database" field blank too (or add an "any database" option) and have the actions associated with the role be allowed on any database.

This feature gap creates unnecessary maintenance overhead for clusters with large numbers of databases. This is particularly…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Atlas] Enforce password policy for DB access

Currently is not possible to enforce any kind of password policy via Atlas UI.
    Would be nice to let user define an expiration time and password policy that user should meet.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show driver/application/user metadata in Query Profiler query summaries

It would be helpful if the Query Profiler showed the driver and user metadata associated with the connection over which a particular query was run.

After clicking on a particular plotted operation in the Query Profiler, the sidebar pops up and shows execution statistics and structure of the plotted op, but doesn't show anything about the driver/application/user that issued the command.

This query summary would be more actionable if the driver, driver version, application name, and user were also displayed in the query sidebar (these details may be recorded in a separate log entry from the command itself).

This information…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Define via UI time windows on which the cluster is paused

Test environment are usually paused during the night and the weekends. Currently the only way to do that is to automatise a RestAPI call or call mongocli automatically (e.g. via crontab)
    Would be nice to allow to define a time windows on which the cluster stays pause via UI

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base