Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for User Groups with Separate Authentication Configurations

Currently Atlas only uses a single (flat) user group which only allows for 1 type of authentication per Organization.

However if Federated Authentication is enabled, the authentication mechanism in Atlas is bypassed for the IdP based on the domain name of the user and the configuration of Atlas Authentication.

This causes a problem if there are multiple groups of users who all share a domain name, some of whom are registered in an IdP, and some of whom are not registered in an IdP (for example users in 2 divisions of the same company).

In this scenario, users who are…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvement: Add severity to alert definitions in Atlas MongoDB

The alert payload only contains status field with 'open' or 'closed' value. No severity definition option is available.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. host down alert automatically silenced during atlas maintenances

Our clusters keeps sending loads of alerts during maintenance times about host is down and similar - it's logical and I understand that those are rolling updates so the functionality of the cluster is not affected. However it's quite unfortunate that host are down for quite a while (20 - 30 mins sometimes) and as we don't want to create unnecessary noise from atlas monitoring we had to bump up our slack and pager duty notification to be fired 30+ minutes. This covers maintenance but out of maintenance this is ridiculously high and we would like to know there is…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve 2FA and auth management

Right now, there is no way to require Google auth or to require 2FA. The only way to enforce 2FA for a team is to check the team mangagement page. However, since some users may have only used Google auth to login, they will show up in this view as not having 2FA, creating auditing headaches. Please
    - indicate if a user does not have 2fa because they do not have a password vs just not having 2fa
    - ideally, add the ability to require 2fa and/or Google auth for all team members

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rename Hardware Metric "Util %"

Under hardware metrics for a given replica set, there is a metric for "Util %". It is unclear on what this represents. After careful digging through the documentation, it appears to be a metric for Disk Bandwidth Utilization. I believe the metric name should be updated to reflect at least "Disk Util %", if not something more specific.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Credits API

I need an API that will allow access to the items under credits in the billing page.
    This will allow me to pull this information daily into our master usage database to support our dashboards

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show a graph of BANKED iops (AWS)

Atlas monitoring is great... but it would be super helpful to see a graph of banked iops. (or an approximation of this)

Suppose my iops limit is 100... and during the night my bank gets fully charged to 5.4MM.
    During the heavy loads on my server, let's say my iops jump to a steady 500. This means that I am drawing 400 units from my bank. I can do this for 3.75 hours until my bank is exhausted.

It would be so helpful to see an iops bank balance drawing down during peak, recharging during off-peak... and thus getting insight…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A terraform resource for managing user access to the console

We have a platform (as code using Terraform) where we integrate Mongo Atlas in AWS. We have multiple teams with various privileges who access the Mongo Atlas console daily basis. We would always like to manage the users in our version control. As Terraform is one of the best infrastructure configuration tools, we would like to have a terraform resource in order to manage the users via.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Official ServiceNow Connector

Would love to see an official connector to ServiceNow for automatic ticket creation triggered by various database alerts.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow customer encryption key validation time interval

Currently, Atlas has a 15 minute interval where it checks access to remotely stored Customer Managed Encryption keys for the custom encryption at rest feature.

This value is not changeable, and it implies a problem: access to encryption keys can be lost for longer periods than 15 minutes without that implying that the key has been invalidated by the customer.

A perfect example of this was the recent Azure AD global outage that prevented all authentication to the Azure platform for about 3 hours (complete outage description: https://app.azure.com/h/SM79-F88/691d78). While the key used for one of our clusters was not…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an interface that can stream logs directly to Splunk.

I'm trying to get logs from MongoDB Atlas to Splunk, and there's currently no native interface to do it, so instead of streaming to Splunk directly, I'm having to execute https calls in intervals, unzip them and then ship them to Splunk. Many products have interfaces to stream to Splunk directly, and it would certainly be handy in this situation.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Connect modal button to a location accessible from any cluster tab

I often want to connect to the cluster after browsing in the Collections tab (e.g. to run some test queries via the shell).

The Connect button (available in the Overview tab) makes connecting easy, but this button is not visible in the Collections tab -- I have to click into Overview or the Clusters page to access the Connect modal button.

Can we surface a Connect button so that it is clickable from any tab in the cluster page?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to download backup snapshots from BYO-KMS encrypted clusters

Many clients download backup snapshots to keep an offline copy of their data either to restore it into their on-prem development environment or to keep an offline copy of their data. At the moment, Atlas does not allow downloading backup snapshots that have customer BYO-KMS encryption enabled.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Time based auto scaling

Our production server workload is less after 5 pm till the next day morning at 6 am CST times. We are running MongoDB in full capacity even on off-peak times. It's not possible for someone to manually downscale the cluster during off-peak and I don't think the CPU utilization based auto-scaling is working for us. I would like to choose auto-scaling between CPU based or time based as set my own time window and choose the auto scale/down-sclae.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for Azure VNet Gateway Transit

Azure VNet Peering is currently very limited as access is only possible from the VNet that is peered.
    Could you please support access from onprem via private network (Express Route or S2S VPN) and Gateway Transit.
    Maybe another way to achieve the same could be via "Private Endpoint".

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Terraform Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show driver/application/user metadata in Query Profiler query summaries

It would be helpful if the Query Profiler showed the driver and user metadata associated with the connection over which a particular query was run.

After clicking on a particular plotted operation in the Query Profiler, the sidebar pops up and shows execution statistics and structure of the plotted op, but doesn't show anything about the driver/application/user that issued the command.

This query summary would be more actionable if the driver, driver version, application name, and user were also displayed in the query sidebar (these details may be recorded in a separate log entry from the command itself).

This information…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Autoscaling - CPU/ Memory Utilization duration monitor - Minutes

Hi, Currently there is no option to initiate auto scaling during heavy workload/ requests comes and the cpu/ memory utilization is 75% for the even within
    - 5 minutes
    - 15 minutes
    - 30 minutes
    - 45 minutes

The system has to wait for 1 hour to autoscale to next tier.This one of the concerns for the heavy workload applications.

Idea:

Add a custom duration option as

• minutes also while monitoring the cpu / memory utilization

Example : When a CPU / Memory utilization is above 75% for the past 15 minutes , move the cluster to the next tier…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Log browser and log search capability across replicaset nodes.

Currently to search through logs we have to download them and search through each log. It would be helpful to have a log browser capability that would allow us to look through and search all logs from the Atlas portal interface.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Profiler should only watch queries from certain users

It would be useful to provide the profiler an "allowlist" and "denylist" of users to watch queries from. Essentially, it is only useful to receive alerts and profiler reports for queries made by actual applications. It is not useful to have alerts show up for one-off queries made by a DB admin using a DB explorer.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base