Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. INFORM that shared clusters share data limits

In the comparison between clusters, for Shared clusters M2, M5, vital information is that there are data limits and those limits are shared, not only for you but also together with any other databases of the same cluster.

This was NOT clear at all when we signed up with an M2.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Atlas CloudFormation Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring Atlas to digital ocean PaaS as a first class offering!

Hey there,

I know it's hard for big companies to get along, but I'd love to have a seamless experience for using MongoDB alongside DO's new PaaS offering. Can you all strike a deal please?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resync progress bar

Our Mongo cluster has had to resync. It would be great to get some kind of time estimate or progress bar to know how far it's got in resyncing so we can let our research team know when the cluster will be ready again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make AWS EBS Burst Balance metrics available in Atlas UI

Make EBS Burst Balance Metrics available within the Atlas UI. Currently it is not easy to 100% understand how much burst credits are being used and whether they have actually been depleted.

You can infer it from the IOPS metrics going above baseline IOPS and then suddenly dropping down but would be better to see the balance itself to be 100% sure. This will save support requests to do so.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include Human-Friendly Cluster Names in Alert Notifications

Please include the human-friendly cluster/host names in Monitoring Alert Notifications (e.g. email, PagerDuty, etc) in addition to, or instead of, the less clear internal cluster/hostnames (i.e. atlas-abcdef-shard-0).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable AWS EBS Fast Snapshot Restore (FSR) on Atlas

To speed up recovery after restoring from a snapshot or having a node replaced, it would be nice to have the option to use AWS Fast Snapshot Restore

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-ebs-fast-snapshot-restore-fsr/

This would allow the disk to have full performance as soon as available.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Atlas Metric Timeline Annotations Color

Filing this on behalf of customers that are having a hard time telling orange and brown apart in Atlas metric timeline annotations (node become secondary, node becomes primary)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3rd Party Hooks

Within Atlas today, we have a number of channel options to send alerts (Ex. OpsGenie, Slack, VictorOps).

I would like to see a hook integration provided by Atlas so any tool can recieve alerts from their cluster. Ex. I can recieve my cluster alert in Microsoft Teams.

3rd party hooks can increase the stickiness of Atlas and improve freedoms for teams and their existing toolsets.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. domain names in access whitelist

Allow domain names in whitelist for IP address. (And rename whitelist to allowlist).

I have a server (app) on heroku. It has a domain name. I don't have a dedicated ip address range. But if I could put my domain name in (myapp.herokupapp.com or myapp.com if I get that name from godaddy), then when my server connects, you could do a DNS lookup of the domain names in the whitelist, and allow connection from those. And then, my app, and many others would be more secure. People could also use dynamic dns to support connections from their home computers, more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multitenancy of the billing section in MongoDB Atlas

Hi MongoDB team,

as the organization owner I don't want that my organizational members (developers, project owners etc.) have access to the billing section. Currently every member (independent on the granted rights) has the rights to see the complete billing section and can see the whole invoice incl. the names of the projects. This isn't acceptable regarding compliance because we are working together with external companies and their colleagues shouldn't have the ability to see all invoices.

Please make the billing section of MongoDB Atlas available to handle multitenancy - so that only the organization owner can see the billing…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Merge All Of It Into One

There is MongoDB Atlas, Realm, & Stitch. Why don't you merge all of it into one - MongoDB Atlas.

There are a lot of platforms, which is very confusing for all of the developers to use. Instead, there can be only one platform in which, they can perform everything with simple integration of the programming languages.

You could simplify your docs as well and like I said, have only one type of integration with all of the programming languages.

If you implement my idea, it will become very easy for developing and you can get more customers. Why should everything…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show total disk size and index size used for each cluster prominently so we can upgrade if we need to

Right now, I do this manually. Would be good to see the totals prominently, along with a recommended upgrade/ not next to it, and single click to select the next size.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cluster/Database changes from Atlas portal does not show correct user in DB Audit log

We have enabled Database audit for some projects, because we need to track who have done specific changes , like dropping an index.
    When someone using Atlas portal, the logged-in user does not show up in Audit record.
    Is not that possible to track ?
    Will attached some files..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alerts Messaging Customization

At the moment, it appears one cannot customize the messaging or subject line of the alerts. This makes it difficult to categorize the alerts. For instance, we would like to categorize alerts into different severity levels, such that severity level will help determine the level of attention that is paid to the alerts when they trigger. If it is possible to prefix or append some customization code and message to either the subject line and/or actual message, then a monitoring team can use the custom code/message to determine the severity or category of the alert when it triggers.
    Some alerts…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Billing Alerts Improvement

We find the conditions for billing alerts to be very limited. We were hoping we would be able to setup an alert that triggers when a certain threshold of our total subscription amount has been used for better monitoring. For example, >= 75% of the total subscription amount is used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Data Transfer Limit

since as documented there are limitation on network traffic in M0/M2/M5 instances, it is mandatory to have a metrics/alerts (also for free ones) to monitor this value in a 7d sliding window

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow option to configure default project_owner when creating projects through API key

We're currently using the Atlas Service Broker (https://github.com/mongodb/atlas-osb) which is built using the native Atlas REST APIs.

In the project creation, it creates the project using the POST /api/atlas/v1.0/groups endpoint via an API key. As a result, we have an unexpected user added as the project_owner of the project.

THis is due to:
    IMPORTANT

To create a project using API Key credentials, you must specify an orgId. When you do, Atlas automatically selects the Owner of the specified organization with the earliest account creation date and time as the Project Owner for the newly created project.

The API…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Atlas Service Broker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. apply Data mirroring technology

once data create when we add to it , it will mirror whole data set as another database(e.g: when we create User as a DB and some Collections, it will store, mean while MongoDB store another replica of the same DB )
    Functions for the Replica DB when user API's call
    When user call the API's for any post get delete update, The replica DB allows only post(Store) request from the user it wont allow other functions like delete update
    and Owners can have all rights to that DB.
    All functionalities works only on original DB not in replica DB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. please offer a way to delete the content of a collection

I wish there were a way to allow a user to delete the contents of a collection within a database, that allows the collection to continue. Essentially I want an easy way to empty a collection to allow new data to be filled in its place.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. LDAP Authentication: Allow Private Endpoint to the customer

Currently, LDAP Authentication from Atlas to a customer's LDAP service can go via the Internet or via VPC peering. In lieu of VPC peering, I propose using a Private Endpoint FROM Atlas TO a customer VPC that hosts the LDAP service.

NOTE: This would NOT be using the same Private Endpoint connection that Atlas currently supports today, which allows customers to reach their clusters privately (Customer -> Atlas).
    This would be an additional Private Endpoint in the other direction (Atlas -> Customer).

Advantages of using Private Endpoint vs VPC peering:
    * Security: The customer VPC is not exposed to Atlas,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base