Skip to content

Atlas App Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

234 results found

1. More Mongo DB actions parity with the Node driver

The actions available via https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/mongodb/actions/ do not match the API exposed by the Node driver.

For example, the https://mongodb.github.io/node-mongodb-native/4.0/classes/collection.html#createindex function would be extremely useful for our use case, I can't see any method for programmatically creating indexes via Realm.

For example, the https://mongodb.github.io/node-mongodb-native/4.0/classes/collection.html#bulkwrite function returns a completely different type from https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/mongodb/actions/collection.bulkWrite/, making unit testing our realm functions locally extremely difficult.

I'm unsure what reasons there are for this disparity (especially when I can use the mongo node driver to connect locally to an Atlas cluster, but I can't use any of these methods in our deployed application in Realm).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Functions  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. easily manage single configuration file for different environments for ci/cd

simply support environment variables expansion in database name or table name
    this way a single configuration folder can be used to configure multiple realm apps
    but each realm app will use a different database/table so the data is separated.
    an official mongodb example code from a blog post about this topic uses this expansion but talking with support they said it is not supported and that the example code is wrong.

https://github.com/mongodb-developer/realm-demos/blob/main/inventory/export/sync/data_sources/mongodb-atlas/InventoryDemo/InventoryItem/rules.json

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Realm update/replace logs

I think an enhancement to the realm logs that explains the deltas (what has changed) on a given document for updates/replace would be extremely useful.

At the moment we receive an ID and the type of change that has happened which is fine for an insert/delete.

But to understand what has changed on the document for an update/replace would help a lot in diagnosing any issues we have seen with realm in the past.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Client Side Field-level encryption for Realm Sync

Support client-side field-level encryption in MongoDB Realm.

https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/security-client-side-encryption/
    https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/security-automatic-client-side-encryption/

Basically, it would be nice if we could mark fields as being "sensitive" in the schemas, and Realm Sync would make sure to encrypt the fields before they are sent from the client app to the MongoDB Atlas database.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Sync  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Use views (not materialized) as source for realm sync (potentially as read only)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. logs

When filtering logs I should be able to enter a date/time in the near future for the To date in order to produce a shareable URL in the address bar that will include log lines in the range from some specified date in the past until "now" without having to precisely enter what "now" is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Retry function

We use Realm functions to update related documents in our Mongo Atlas cluster. Sometimes, the DB connection (via context.services.get("mongodb-atlas")) fails. We should... be able to retry establishing a connection? (Or even easier, just configure a retry for the Realm Function itself.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. External Dependencies Should Be Per Function

10mb compressed size constraint is very limited. Plus, dependencies are not siloed per function. Either uncap the dependencies constraint or allow dependencies to be uploaded per function, still with a higher compressed size constraint (preferably at least 100mb to support large dependencies such as for image processing).

I think the thought was "functions are meant to be short running operations" but I think that is a huge assumption. Why not offer options for powerful compute that respond to database change events. Sure you may need to just update something else in the db, and that may be sufficient for some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Programmatic Support for Uploading Dependencies

Right now the Realm Administration APIs [1] only let's users list dependencies. It would be helpful to have an endpoint to upload dependencies as we have 8 env and uploading manually to all envs is painful.

[1] https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/admin/api/v3/#dependency-apis

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Migrate Firebase Cloud Message from legacy HTTP to HTTP v1

I am very happy with Push Notifications using FCM but currently, FCM has been update to HTTP v1 and I saw that MongoDB Push Notification still using the HTTP. With HTTP, I can't send an image in the notification payload (https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/android/send-image), also the data payload is different when I send message directly from FCM.

I hope that MongoDB have plan to migrate Firebase Cloud Message from legacy HTTP to HTTP v1 (https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/migrate-v1)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customize Reset Password Email Link

Users should be able to customize the reset password email that is sent to their users. This should include changing what the "sender" url looks like (noreply-stitch+mongodb.com => resetPassword@yourapp.com). Developers should have access to change look of the body of the email. This includes what is typed in the body, the title of the body and as well the company logo. I will upload a picture of how it currently looks and from my message understand what we want to change.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Selective Realm Reset

We are running Realm Sync from an iOS app (RealmSwift 10.7.2). We have a problem where the data related to one Realm partition is giving is a BAD CHANGESET error in production due to a data
    issue. My suggestion is, can we cancel Realm Sync operations for a particular partition as opposed to terminating the sync for the entire app (all partitions) which would force all of our users to reinstall their apps so a fresh local copy of the Realmfile is built)? We don't want to be resetting across all partitions because it impacts all production users and in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Sync  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Build system for static hosted SPA

Currently I use Netlify for static hosting, which will run a build script when I push a commit. This simplifies my deployment process. It would be useful to have an equivalent for Realm static hosting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View cloud data in Realm Studio mongodb

Realm Studio is helpful to explore data from Legacy Realm Cloud. But Realm Studio mongodb does not support opening 'Realm Cloud'.
    Please consider this feature.
    Thanks so much,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add support for GitLab

As an alternative to using GitHub

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to have Realm app users in an Atlas collection

It would make a lot of sense to me if one could configure a Realm app to use a collection in the Atlas Cluster to store users instead of having a separate users database managed outside of Atlas, as the case is today.

To avoid a breaking change, this could be implemented as an option to how users are managed today.

This would solve most user-related feature requests and issues, as it would give the app developer full control of the user DB to do whatever queries or customization they want to. Maybe call the option "advanced" or such—more manual…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve Realm Documentation for Various SDK Integrations

With existing examples and documentation about Realm SDK integrations was a bit confusing.

Example: React Native SDK - hard to find best example for offline first mobile app with realm (sync)

if we can have GitHub repo example integrations with minimal features for each SDK implementation it would really helpful for the community to find what they're looking for.

Contribution: communicate can contribute by giving an example for each or multiple feature implementation examples.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow community submissions to documentation

Let's face it, the Realm documentation as a whole is really lacking in comparison to the level of documentation of Atlas and other enterprise-level products. There have even been times I've had to search the old stitch documentation to understand how something works, and many other times I'm left experimenting or abandon a feature completely (for example, I gave up on Environments).

Other places have had success putting documentation on GitHub and allowing community submissions via pull requests.

Please allow the same -- I would happily contribute rather than needing to maintain my own notes (for me and my team)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase max 100 item limit from Realm Logs API

Currently the API has a hard limit of returning 100 results. For any sort of real diagnostics with the logs, this is pretty much worthless -- with a large quantity of transactions, the only thing I can think of to do would be to write a script to loop through time intervals and aggregate them on my side.

As a real-world scenario, I was trying to identify the full scope of impact of a bug that went out and was not caught for a couple days and ran into the limit. It was also difficult to even identify exactly when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow user-set 'deployment id/name' via realm-cli

We're using github actions to fully automate our realm deployments with the cli, and I'd like to be able to give a user-friendly name so that we can easily identify the currently deployed version (such as the git hash). Currently under "deployments" what I see looks like an internal realm deployment id.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base