Atlas Search

1. API to list all Atlas Search Indexes configured across all collections in the cluster

Currently, there is an API to list all Atlas Search indexes configured for a specific collection. However, there is no API that lists all Atlas Search indexes configured across all collections across all databases, in a particular cluster. The Atlas UI shows this, but the Atlas API does not have that functionality.

This is a feature request to add the API capability to list all Atlas Search indexes configured on all collections in a cluster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Atlas Search metrics into integration with Datadog

Problem Statement,
    Atlas Search metrics (https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/view-atlas-search-metrics#atlas-search) are not sent to Datadog (Datadog's MongoDB Atlas integration (https://docs.datadoghq.com/integrations/mongodb_atlas/)).

Proposal,
    Add Atlas Search metrics to Datadog integration (start sending Atlas Search metrics from Atlas to Datadog).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow queries with $search to be covered by the Lucene indexes without loading from disk in Mongo

If the fields to be filtered on or projected on are all in the Lucene index, it would give the best latency to be able to return the data from the Lucene index only, and not have to separately look that data up from the Mongod

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. support for the storage and high speed search of dense vectors (i.e. word embeddings)

One feature I would like to see in mongoDB is the support for the storage and high speed search of dense vectors (i.e. word embeddings). This feature, in combination with full text search, would bring mongoDB within parity with Elasticsearch and help us simplify our architectures for these types of solutions.

https://www.elastic.co/blog/text-similarity-search-with-vectors-in-elasticsearch

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Atlas Search for Online Archive

As a user of Online Archive, I would like full text search capabilities from Atlas Search available to me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Return results from within arrays

I have a document that looks like this:
    {
    shoppingList: [ { name: "red hat"}, { name: "green shoes"} ]
    }

I would like to query $search for "green" and return {name: "green shoes"} instead of returning the entire document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support Decimal128

Enable indexing and querying of near and range operators for Decimal128.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support additional highlighting options

Right now Atlas Search highlighting only supports text in the sentence surrounding a match, ignoring any other sentences in a field that have also been indexed.

I would like to be able to change the default behavior to meet my needs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full Text Index over a view

My organization has a few use cases where we have a service 'join' various docs and write them into a 'consolidated doc' in elastic search to support various nested query requirements. It would be great if we could use FTS on a mongo/atlas view as we could then eliminate the need for our data joining service and its associated latency and consistency issues.

Also fyi - it appears this is 'possible' in the current Atlas portal/UI and via the API. You can define a full text index on a view - but it disappears after a minute or two.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give better stats on Atlas Search indexes

If I work hard enough at it I can see how much memory, CPU, etc. Atlas Search takes up on a cluster but I really want to know other more basic stats like how many searches were performed over X period of time and which searches didn't have any results

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Test plan/suite for Atlas Search

Other search services like Elastic have public benchmarks of different data types so we can determine how they should perform: https://benchmarks.elastic.co/index.html

Would love to see the same for Atlas Search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow indexing and querying for null datatype in Atlas Search

The null datatype is not amongst the datatypes that Atlas Search supports at this time. As a result, if the use-case is to perform a text search on some fields and perform an equality/inequality check on other field(s) to see if it is/isn't null, then we need to have a $match stage following the $search stage, which is detrimental to the query performance as documented here. This is an enhancement request to allow indexing and querying for null datatype in Atlas Search, to avoid the above scenario.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow $match or $sort stages that follow the $search stage to use MongoDB native indexes

Currently, if there are $match or $sort stages that follow the $search stage, then those $match and $sort stages are unable to use MongoDB's native indexes on the fields being matched/sorted.

While the documentation recommends 1) designing your $search query so that all necessary filtering occurs in the $search stage which removes the need for a $match stage and 2) instead of using a $sort stage, using the $near operator to sort documents based on a numeric, date, or geo field, such changes are not always feasible depending on the use-case. In such instances, having a $match and …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Percolator/reverse search

Ability to store queries that allow you to supply a document and return the queries that match it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reverse Search using edgeGram in autocomplete searches

For searching on the last few characters of a field's values, currently the only option available is to create a nGram or need to create a custom analyzer with regex split/capture group.

As lucene internally has the reverse option available, can we have reverse flag provided with edgeGram to perform searches from the end?

Use case:

Lets suppose the field is tokenNumber and we usually search by the last 5 digits of the tokenNumber itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add support for creating and editing Custom Analyzers via the Visual Editor

The Visual Editor currently does not support creating or editing custom analyzers. This is a feature request for adding support for creating and editing Custom Analyzers via the Visual Editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don't require path on search queries

It would be nice if a path defaults to all paths in the index. For example, imagine I have a customers collections with the fields "firstName" and "lastName" and I want to create a search based on user's full name. Then I create a search index on these two fields. Now imagine I call this index "fullNameSearch". Then whenever the "fullNameSearch" index is used, I want to run it on all paths. Instead of me having to specify the paths, it would be nice if the path defaults to all fields used in the index.

Another example where this would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Autocomplete with `fuzzy` scores all results as `1`

Using autocomplete with the fuzzy operator returns results, but they are scored all with the same value (1). This has been reported a couple times in the developer forum as well:

https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/fuzzy-autocomplete-score/13341/4

https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/trying-to-understand-atlas-search-autocomplete-result/13819

This can make it difficult to process and rank results on the client side, especially for high volumes of returned documents. It would be helpful if autocomplete + fuzzy would support relative scoring.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add lucene.kuromoji

I just happened to know that full-text search feature is available in MongoDB Atlas. Greatly appreciated if lucene.kuromoji is added to a list of language-specific analyzers. Currently, there is only a generic Chinese, Japanese, and Korean analyzer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Atlas Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base