UX Issues with Collections View in Atlas UI
UX on Collections view has some problems which are listed below;
- It takes around 10-20 seconds to load the Collections page, specifically the left panel which lists namespaces.
- Then without any user interaction or feedback, it takes another 10 seconds to focus on the top most available namespace to display details of it on right hand side panel
- Then filtering namespaces with "auth" doesn't make any change in the screen and not giving any feedback neither.
- Then inputting more letters "authen" triggers the filtering however this time it filters namespaces which had nothing to do with "authen" keyword.
- Filtering namespaces with "rewards" keyword again returns unrelated namespaces.
- Clicking on one of the filtered namespaces, gives you no feedback about any loading operation and then all of a sudden fills the right hand side with details of the namespace after 7 seconds.
- And sadly after the right hand side panel gets filled with namespace details, you lose your original filtering on left hand side panel.
We would be happy if you can please evaluate and improve UX on Collection view.
Please note that we observed the above UX issues in a 3 node Atlas mongodb replica set which consists of 1995 databases and 10845 collections.