Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

145 results found

1. Add a datasource for members of an organization

Problem: The mongodbatlas_teams resource only works with email addresses of user accounts which are existing members of the organization at apply time¹, and Team memberships can't (yet?) be managed via Identity Federation (third-party SAML IdP).

Solution: If there was a datasource using the "Get All Organization Users" API² to return a list of organization members, that data could be used to filter the usernames input attribute of the mongodbatlas_teams resource to only add valid users.

Workaround: We're using a Python script as an external datasource to get the data needed to perform said filtering.

¹: An error is thrown when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Support webhook notification type for alert configurations

The mongodbatlas_alert_configuration allows me to define a notification with type of WEBHOOK but I can't complete the configuration because it doesn't seem to support any arguments to provide the webhook URL and webhook secret/integration key.

https://registry.terraform.io/providers/mongodb/mongodbatlas/latest/docs/resources/alert_configuration#argument-reference

Please add support for the webhook URL and secret, since otherwise the WEBHOOK type notification can't be used. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable setting encryption at rest details for project

Please allow us to set the encryption at rest KMS details for the project when we create the project

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Datadog integration for US5

Hi I am using US5 datadog, and as I learned that Atlas only supports US1, it would be great if the integration with US5 is also added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Granular permissions via roles / hashicorp vault

We are using the Hashicorp Vault Atlas plugin in order to generate credentials for Atlas.
    We are able to generate roles on the Atlas end and then use those roles to provision vault users.
    However, I don't see a way to restrict those roles to just certain resources/clusters.
    So the user can access all the deployments in a project.
    It should be possible to restrict roles to certain resources only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,  

This has already been added some time ago.   You need to specify the scopes you want to include, here's the code - https://github.com/hashicorp/vault-plugin-database-mongodbatlas/blob/master/mongodbatlas.go#L206. It should be an array like roles, but with the resource name and then if it's a cluster or data lake (see scopes here: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/reference/api/database-users-create-a-user/).   I hope that helps! 

Best, 

Melissa

6. Backup Snapshot datasource and Restore Job resource and datasource for Shared clusters

The following resources/datasources work only for dedicated clusters (M10 and above).

mongodbatlascloudbackupsnapshots
    mongodbatlas
    cloudbackupsnapshotrestorejob

This is because they call the /backup/snapshots and
    /backup/restoreJobs Atlas API endpoints respectively.

There are different API endpoint for shared-tier clusters (M2/M5):
    /backup/tenant/snapshots
    /backup/tenant/restores

Would it be possible to have new equivalent datasources/resources for shared-tier clusters or modify the existing datasources/resources to accommodate shared-tier clusters?

Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve OKTA Location Detection

Hi,

This is really a message for your security / authentication engineers.

When you use Okta PUSH MFA, the popup on my mobile device reads "Did you just try to sign in? near Ashburn, Virginia, United States"

I am not near Ashburn, that's your server location. We use Okta Push at our company and had the same issue. It's a simple fix, tell your engineers to add:

'X-Forwarded-For': <users ip>,

With the user IP address that is sent to Okta, and it should geolocate properly. This is a small, albeit actual security issue with MongoDB, as I cannot safely differentiate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your kind feedback. This issue has been fixed and Okta Push app should show now show the correct location. Thank you!

8. Allow to create/manage Private Endpoints for Data Lake / Online Archive

There's an API for these resources, but Terraform Provider lacks support of them:

https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/online-archive-private-link-create-one/
    https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/online-archive-private-link-get-one/

This would be useful for managing full cycle of Network access to Data Lakes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. in the explorer -> 'Global Writes' tab: compound shard key should support unique index property

set the compound index created during the Global Cluster configuration to be set as unique

today there is no option for that and it's a very basic need for those who using global clusters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →

For Atlas UI authentication via SAML SSO please use Federated Authentication https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/security/federated-authentication/

For Database authentication you can use Workforce Identity Federation with OIDC: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/workforce-oidc/

For your application access with GCP service accounts or Oauth2, you can use Workload Identity Federation: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/workload-oidc/

13. Add Switzerland Regions

Hello, our product heavily relies on mongo atlas and we're very happy with it. However, several of our (corporate) clients would like their application data to be hosted in Switzerland (for compliance/data protection reasons). I would love the ability to setup a Swiss only Atlas cluster for those clients, but the closes options we have in Germany only. Either cloud provider will be fine (ideally Azure). Many of your (future) clients would certainly welcome this too (banks! luxury! healthcare! pharma! transportation! public services!) - thanks for listening :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Update all clusters to have MongoDB 4.4

I hope that all clusters will be able to use MongoDB 4.4 - including shared ones like M0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Atlas Activity feed should be searchable by cluster

The Atlas activity feed is currently searchable by Type of event. It should have an option to search by cluster name to quickly narrow down any particular activities relating to a particular cluster

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support a broader range of 2FA providers

Introduce compatibility with additional 2FA providers for Atlas customers, such as:
    - Authy
    - Microsoft Authenticator
    - Okta Verify
    - Duo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Service status

Well, my DB is down... I would like to have a link to a page where you list real time status of your services and if down, the current status of the ongoing fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Mongodb 4.2 pit_enabled argument on mongodbatlas_cloud_provider_snapshot_restore_job

While version 0.4.0 of the MongoDB Atlas Terraform provider did introduce the pitenabled argument on the mongodbatlascluster resource, it does not appear that the mongodbatlascloudprovidersnapshotrestore_job was updated to be able to restore from a point-in-time.

Currently, the option is available in the Web UI but there is no way to automate it via Terraform scripts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable the use of the timeouts { ... } block in resource declarations.

Enable the use of the timeouts { ... } block in resource declarations. I consistently get a timeout error on destroy of resources:

Error: error deleting MongoDB Private Endpoints Connection(5e4e93f3c0073240658e5b1f): timeout while waiting for state to become 'DELETED, FAILED' (last state: 'DELETING', timeout: 2m0s)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The timeout on this resource has been increased (https://github.com/mongodb/terraform-provider-mongodbatlas/issues/151) and since then we’ve seen no reports hitting the timeout before completion of the deletion. If this is encountered again please file an issue at https://github.com/mongodb/terraform-provider-mongodbatlas/issues/ letting us know what resource is hitting a timeout, what version of the provider and terraform you are using, and any relevant logs.

Thank you!

20. Ability to create mongodbatlas database user with certificate X.509

It would be great to have the ability to create mongodbatlas database user with certificate X.509 and get back certificate encoded or not in the output.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base