Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1258 results found

1. API for Granting Infrastructure Access to MongoDB Support for 24 Hours

As per documentation at https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/security-restrict-support-access/#grant-infrastructure-access-to-mongodb-support-for-24-hours one can grant access for support for 24h only via the UI. It would be very useful to be able to do this via the Atlas API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Warn when attempting to add a new IP address to network access that is already covered by an existing entry

Currently, if one tries to add a new IP address to the list of whitelisted IPs for a database in the 'Network Access' page, and the new IP is a duplicate of an existing entry, there is no warning or indication given to the user, and the list of IPs remains unchanged.

This makes it seem like the button to add a new IP doesn't work, as the list of IPs doesn't change.

So there should be some indication that the user attempted to add a duplicate IP, and because of that, the list of allowed IPs was not changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reshard Global Writes Collections

MongoDB supports resharding, so not being able to change the global writes shard configuration is very strange. It makes it impossible to fix mistakes with the shard configuration. Even if it requires blocking to redo or remove the shard configuration it should be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please clean your mind

What i mean is for newbie mongodb is trash , I am full stack dev and i have to use this for complete mern project and how we gonna do that => by watching video tut which you guys but you guys change syntax every year that makes impossible to work on ongoing project.
    So I somehow arranged to have mongodb in my mac m1 then bloody xcode did some changes now again errors after error .
    So I somehow thought I should use atlas atleast i will not be in my system and guess what you guys changed some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Expose Locking Metrics

One of our customers have asked if we can expose locking metrics through the Atlas UI to assist with investigating suspected lock contention issues.

We have this information in FTDC and our customer feels it would be helpful for them to have this information too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having the alert "Acknowledge for" option actually do acknowledge the alert for the specified time period

I gathered that Atlas alerts are design to retrigger once the condition is met. Then what does acknowledge mean in that case when providing any timeframe like forever? To me acknowledging an alert forever means that the alert would never to raise again.

In our case the number of connections for one cluster out of many goes slightly over the threshold, then shortly thereafter, goes below the threshold . The condition is 'flapping'. I know that this connection count condition is not leading to the number of connections to be exceeded. But, I don't want to ignore that alerts for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Trigger runtime is US by default which is not GDPR compliant for EU countries

The ATLAS Trigger UI should let the user select the region for the realm deployment done in the background. At the moment it's not fair because (1) at no moment you're noticed the runtime will be in the US (and for UE countries it matters a lot, it's not GDPR compliant) and (2) it makes the nice ATLAS Trigger UI useless for UE countries...

We're forced to create a realm app manually to be able to select a local deployment. We appreciated the 'trigger' section on the ATLAS side. It's more integrated and makes following trigger operations easier. Now trigger…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. $lookup available cross-db

Hi,

it would be a great feature to be able to use $lookup cross-DB

thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy sample results from aggregation builder

If I'm exploring a database and use the aggregation builder to quickly find some data, I'd like to be able to easily extract the results. At the moment we can't even select the result output to copy-and-paste because it activates the pipeline re-ordering view. Given there are already handles to re-order the pipeline it would be much more usable to enable select and copy in the sample query output.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Data migration from Cloud manager to Atlas

With reference to case https://support.mongodb.com/case/00918578 we experienced situation where the migration was in a stuck state eternally. If the validation checks fail, then it is only fair and logical to fail the migration with a relevant error rather than the status lying about your shard migration is in progress.

Also, emit status updates on the migration, such as pre-validation checks passed, syncing data, and % complete on data migration or initial sync rather than just a green bar, and whatever else such as if it is building indexes, etc during migration. Basically, make the status as readable and logical as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support Slack in Third Party Integration

Slack is supported via UI or API, but not via the Terraform Provider (v1.3.1).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Real Time Performance Panel, Data Explorer and Performance Advisor and Profiler GDPR compliant

As the data used for Real Time Performance Panel, Data Explorer and Performance Advisor and Profiler are processed/routed in/over the USA european customers that need to be GDPR compliant can't activate those three options. Unfortunately these three features offer a great feature set which really hurts to not have. This is a high prio topic for us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MFA Painful to use due to need for frequent logins

Even though I use the same computer, I need to re-login every single day (possibly more frequent) - which is even more painful when using MFA.
    Should have the option to stay logged in longer on same machine/IP address - perhaps make it an configurable option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We can provide a resume / pause option to Mongodb export & import

The Mongodb export and import when used for uploading large or very large files are susceptible for interruptions.
    It would be great, if we can provide a resume options while import or exporting the files like how we have in Oracles expdp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auditing on high volume of data/records to capture malicious activity

We would like to requesting in the MongoDB Audit logs the following attributes: (available in profiler )
    nreturned

system.profile.responseLength

Additionally if this could be a MongoDB Alert that would be extremely helpful as well if we could provide a threshold in size BYTES (system.profile.responseLength) and/or RECORDS returned (nreturned)

This will help with security management in particular active auditing for capturing high volume of data/records returned by an account and could identify malicious activity or being hacked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you select "Collections" on a database, and you don't have at least "Project Data Access Read Only" access, you get an unhelpful message

If you don't have the access righrts to read data, instead of a suitable message, you get "An error occurred while querying your MongoDB deployment.
    Please try again in a few minutes."
    Totally unhelpful, as trying again won't fix your permissions!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. be able to download cluster logs as minimun of 6 months

there is no way to download cluster logs after one month, we have an issue of one process today and the cluster log shows the operations registered and the time spent, the same process ran a couple of months ago and it's impossible to know or check in the cluster logs the operations(insert,update...) if the process had an issue two or three months ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide "Password Age" for Atlas password auth users via Atlas API

Similar to "Last Login Date" suggestion, add the age of the password for SCRAM users. I see that https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-3197 was closed as "Won't Fix", but this will at least allow reporting, audit, external maintenance, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Atlas UI Show Snapshot ID in web

Please provide a capability to show the snapshot ID of a snapshot in the web GUI, currently we have to make an API call to get the snapshot-id

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ability to chose the new primary node when you perform a test election

There's a "test failover" option, which shuts down the primary and forces an election. However, you have no control over which new primary will be elected (just the preferred region) which sometimes does not work as expected.

It would be really useful if you have the possibility to manually chose which node will be elected as the new primary.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base