Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1262 results found

1. Add UUID generation to Atlas Functions

Atlas Functions have a utils.crypto library that offers some basic cryptography functions. One of those should be the modern crypto.randomUUID() that is now standard in ECMAScript. Currently, Atlas Functions cannot generate a UUID without resorting to third-party dependencies. I prefer using full UUIDs over Mongo's proprietary ObjectID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve Hashing Algorithm Choices in Atlas Functions

Atlas Functions have a utils.crypto API that offers hashing. However, the available hashes are embarrassing: SHA1, MD5, and SHA256. I understand that not everything we hash might need security and there's a speed/security tradeoff. But not even OFFERING a cryptographically-secure modern hashing algorithm in 2023 is nuts. People shouldn't have to import third party dependencies just to get best-practice hashing algorithms. Please improve the algorithm choices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to compact to oplog myself instead of opening cases to resize it

To compact my oplog and reclaim 300GB of disk space right after I finisihed migrating a database to Atlas using mongomirror, I had to open a support case. With that we were able to reduce our cluster tier thanks to lowering the disk tier (Azure deployment)

It would be nice to do it myself to be faster without opening a case with severity 4 that will take me at least 2 days to accomplish that. Also, I assume that people without a subscription can't do it since you have to open a case which is exclusive only if you have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Request billing invoices via API calls at project and cluster level

We need the possibility to request billing invoices via API calls at the project and also cluster level.
    The information should be available as it is broken down in the invoices that can be downloaded from Atlas as a csv file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support migration of existing projects, clusters, ... to be CloudFormation managed

When MongoDB::Atlas::* resources are created and the specifed project, cluster, ... already exists, then these resources should not raise an error on resource creation but use the existing project, cluster, ... and apply the given configuration. In other words, the Create event that is initially sent by CloudFormation should be handled similar to an Update event but return the physical id of already existing resources. Apparently, this behaviour should be enabled by an opt-in flag.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow turning off backups on serverless and free instances

We have a use case where we would have liked to use a serverless instance but cannot since we cannot disable backups on serverless instances.

We can't enable backups on this specific instance because of data retention restrictions so being able to turn them off completely on serverless and free instances would be ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a data source for the Atlas Control Plane inbound/outbound IPs

It would be nice to be able to fetch all outbound and inbound IPs for the Atlas control plane so that we can add them to the list of allowed IPs on Azure keyvaults for example

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow alerts to be created for when a MDB engineer manually intervenes on a cluster issue

This would be for cases when a cluster cannot self heal, and a member of the technical team needs to do a manual intervention. Their activity may show up in the logs after the fact, but there doesn't seem to be a way (currently) to have a proactive notification go out when the update is being made.

Having such an alert would give customers transparency/visibility into what MDB teams are working on, allowing them to focus their attention accordingly (ie. if customers encounter an issue but are alerted that the MDB team is already working on a fix, they'll know…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Activate bypass saml only for select users

We have recently activated SAML SSO on our Organization and we would like to only have 1 user that is able to bypass SSO as like a "break the glass" user in case our IDP fails. It would be ideal that not every user is able to use the bypass url.

Currently any users can use the bypass sso url

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enhanced Access to Secrets in the context.environment Object

We would like to see an improvement where secrets can be accessed as environment variables directly through the context.environment object. For example, if we have a secret called myApiKey, we would like to be able to access it in a function using context.environment.secrets.myApiKey.

This would make the process of storing and accessing environment-specific sensitive data like API keys, access tokens, etc., much more straightforward and error-proof.

As it stands, we're creating a workaround by saving env specific API keys as secrets, and then using some logic with context.environment.tag to fetch the correct environment API key. However, this approach is not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. compass installation for the current connected user or for all the users.

can you please make compass installation possible for the current connected user or for all the users on windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable me to pay the present account; your web site takes me to an old closed account and doesn't let me update with my new credit card .

Ensure that the billing module of your portal links to the actrive account, not a closed account, so that customers can update their credit card info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Generate class-based TypeScript object models for Realm from existing schema

The Realm SDKs -> Realm Object Models page (https://realm.mongodb.com/groups/<groupId>/apps/<appId>/sdks/dataModels) uses the existing schema to generate object models in a variety of languages. However, the TypeScript generator is out-of-date.

RealmJs now has first-class TypeScript support, allowing you to declare your models as classes and use @realm/babel-plugin to infer the schema. If your TypeScript objects don't inherit from Realm.Object (which is the case with the models generated currently), the items returned from your queries will be of type unknown as well. But if you query using models inherited from Realm.Object everything is strongly typed.

Please update the generator to provide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display all function log messages

Currently we only can see under "App Services > Manage > Logs" section the output of a few log messages for each function execution, but if the function contains a large amount of logs (more than 100 for example) the interface only shows the last log entries, making difficult to debug and check for errors.

There is should be way to see all logs output of a function execution.

Forum reference: https://www.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/atlas-functions-seem-to-not-display-all-of-the-logs-when-running-in-web-ui/194108/6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to Export all alerts via Atlas UI for compliance purpose

Today we can export the alerts via Atlas UI but it would be helpful if they can be exported via UI also. Its a common request from team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Feature request

Feature request one:
    When I go to a project > click 3 dots at top left > select integrations tab, I can only create one webhook… we have multiple systems that we’d like to notify via webhook.

Feature request two:
    When I create a new alert I’d like to have the flexibility to shape the alert payload sent via webhook. For example, an alert is sent for a CPU usage, I would like the ability to change the severity property in the json payload to show as “Info” and the priority property set to “Low”. But, when a “Host is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include more actionable data in Alert emails

Currently the alert emails just link to the profiler page with nothing selected. This makes it guess work if there are multiple items in the profiler to examine. If you are unable to check the profiler within 24 hours of the email, no data could exist specifically for the alert email.

It would be much more actionable if the email alerts mentioned the collection that was being queried, the appName that triggered the query, and a direct link to the query in the profiler showing complete details of the query that triggered the alert.

This would make triage near instant…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Existing Owner business

Please SOLVE my billing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change Streams Monitoring and Alerting

Change streams can cause performance issues if not used properly. In some cases, administrators of multi-tenant dbs have no control (and shouldn't) over how various clients create change streams.

I think it is important that we accommodate these use-cases and provide useful metrics in the OM/Atlas metrics pages, and alerts on those metrics. Some potential metrics:
    1. Number of change streams open
    2. Average change stream lifetime
    3. Query targeting ratios for change streams
    4. Avg time between consecutive polls of the change stream (and other statistics)
    --thought here is that change streams that are polled infrequently will result in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base