Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File/Binary Data type within Realm Database

Example:

A new type could be defined, such as RealmFile. A RealmObject could have a RealmFile field or even a RealmList<RealmFile> field. Just like all other RealmObjects, this would simply be a proxy and wouldn't contain the actual file/binary data. To access or update the data in the RealmFile you would get an InputStream or OutputStream. Realm handles the rest in terms of syncing, caching, linking, etc. I know that Realm itself isn't really designed for arbitrarily large files, so the data contained in a RealmFile wouldn't necessarily need to be put into Realm. But it would be managed and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Realm Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ionic Mobile App Support

Want to know if Realm provide SDK/Plugin for Ionic App

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support parquetjs or parquetjs-lite dependencies

Our product would like to read the parquet file-format from an S3 source. Both parquetjs and parquetjs-lite are incompatible with Realm's dependency upload.

parquetjs: "boto" module is a duplicate of a top-level Realm default library.
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/parquetjs

parquetjs-lite: Parse error when uploading tarball. See screenshot below.
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/parquetjs-lite

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase RealmReturn Body Max Size

The maximum return body size of a realm webhook is 4MiB (4194304 bytes). That might seem enough for most applications but when dealing with massive amounts of data, e.g. timeseries data over years, that is a hard limitation.
    It requires the client to make many more requests that would be necessary.

In our special case we want to return one whole year worth of data per request to make things easier for our clients (currently they can get 3 months).

Given a 16MB Limit on a MongoDB Collection Document, this would seem like a sensable option for a limit if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add two factor authentication

It would be great to have an option for two factor authentication to increase security. Ideally this would be via authentication apps such as Microsoft Authenticator, email or SMS authentication would be viable too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Query pagination

We are limited to one query without an offset. Support for pagination is important.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add line number to function call error messages

A simple line number of where a function fails would be incredibly useful. And a function name would be important too for when a function calls another function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. nativescript support

Currently only react-native and node are supported.

Having tried to get the 'getting started' tutorials running I have come against a bit of a brick wall. Namely that dependencies are a nightmare.

Adding nativescript support would help to open realm to other web technologies including vue and angular.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate Gridfs in the realm sdk

Enable the use of gridfs with stitch apps in android.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Github Deploy

When deploying from a Github commit, can you make the Realm files only update what is being committed? It seems like Realm is updating all files, which is taking forever when you have a bunch of functions, along with Hosting files, which in my case is a good bit.

If I go directly into the UI and update a function from there, the Deploy happens fairly quick. But, as soon as I commit from Github, that function gets updated by what is in my Github Repo, which in this case, would overwrire what I just did in the UI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. User Presence

It would be nice to be able to have built in client device presence support in Realm. Firebase does this.

You basically need a table that contains booleans that get reset whenever a device goes offline and is no longer reachable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to set Values in Functions

Ability from webhooks and functions to call context.values.set() and set a value that can then be referenced somewhere later. This could dramatically cut back on calls to outside APIs as we need data in multiple places so we end up having to make several calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MongoDB support for db.collection.distinct() in SDKs

Add distinct() function to the SDK. The ability of displaying unique values of a field will be useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Global Variables for Functions

Add global variables to Functions (so I don't have to pass around supposedly global variables to every function call).

Add support for typescript :)))

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Native Kotlin SDK

This is a more general idea to publicly state that Kotlin is a supported language for the Realm SDK with the intention that Kotlin should work and that Kotlin related issues will be a priority to fix.

There is, of course, also the more in-depth support that could be done to create an idiomatic Kotlin API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Kotlin SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to dynamically create/destroy realms

I would like to be able to dynamically create and destroy realms from my swift and java mobile apps. I imagine features in my mobile app that would be best served by a “temporary” realm

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to have Realm app users in an Atlas collection

It would make a lot of sense to me if one could configure a Realm app to use a collection in the Atlas Cluster to store users instead of having a separate users database managed outside of Atlas, as the case is today.

To avoid a breaking change, this could be implemented as an option to how users are managed today.

This would solve most user-related feature requests and issues, as it would give the app developer full control of the user DB to do whatever queries or customization they want to. Maybe call the option "advanced" or such—more manual…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification on function failure

I would like a notification if a trigger fires a function, and the function fails.

I have a scheduled trigger that calls a function every day. I have no idea if the function fails unless I manually log in and check the status. I would like to be alerted in the event of a failure. I've gotten around this by manually setting up Slack notifications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please write explicit rules for anonymous auth users deletion or provide controls to adjust the behavior

In the documentation for anonymous auth, it says that Realm may delete anonymous users that are 90 days old https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/authentication/anonymous/

There is also a mention about 30 days of inactivity https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/persisting-anonymous-users/10247/2?u=anton_p

That's hard to rely on something so broad to make decisions in the app logic. Is it possible to clarify this behavior or provide control over this flow?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base