Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configure Realm notifications

Currently only all project owners of the Atlas project in where your Realm app situates will receive notification of suspended trigger. This currently cannot be customized. We want to have the possibility to configure the notifications to include additional emails, not only for project owners.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Github Authentication Provider

Right now there is Google, Facebook, and Apple as auth providers. Would like to see Github added as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ObjectId

We need a way for ids to not have to be unwrapped from $oid before they are assigned as an ObjectId.

Incoming data:

{"_id":{"$oid":"..."}}

Realm class:

class Item: Object {
    @objc dynamic var _id = ObjectId.generate()
    }

That's all that should be needed.

So the default ObjectId class needs:

enum CodingKeys: String, CodingKey {
    case oid = "$oid"
    }

then in init(from decoder:Decoder)

let container = try decoder.container(keyedBy: CodingKeys.self)
    try super.init(string: try container.decode(String.self, forKey: .oid))

Do that when the .singleValueContainer() call fails.
    That way both use cases are satisfied.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add line number to function call error messages

A simple line number of where a function fails would be incredibly useful. And a function name would be important too for when a function calls another function.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Postman snippet generator

Working with the http library has been the most frustrating part of working with Realm functions. Postman has an awesome "generate code snippet" feature, with lots of options like Axios and Unirest. It would great if I didn't have to manually convert from cURL and could just copy some code from Postman into my Realm function.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Realm.open() method creating realm when not exists, should be made optional

Realm.open() method used in Middle Tier to fetch data would not find the realm and is waiting for data sync to happen from the device. This method can create a new realm if it does not exist which is not applicable in the context of the Middle Tier apps. Requesting an update to have this default realm creation functionality to be made optional based on a supplied optional parameter.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the ability to use a value to reference a database in a trigger

It would be great if we could use values for the database reference in a trigger, instead of having to select a database from a drop-down.

An actual use case:

To be able to use Realm for our various staging areas, we have created multiple Realm apps. One for production, one for UAT, one for test, etc. Each of them pointing to the databases for their respective staging environment.

We are using Github deployments, and we use a separate branch for each of the staging environments. So when something gets committed to the "deploy-test" branch, it gets to be deployed…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add HTTPMethod column name in Realm HTTP Service webhooks table

Please add the HTTP method name and other properties in the list of HTTP Service webhooks. See attachment

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy functions from one cluster to another

It would be great if you could copy a Realm Service or Function from one cluster to another. I find myself having to open two tabs and coping the function code then checking all settings are the same etc.
    We would normally dev on a "test" cluster then copy Service functions over to "prod" cluster. Or am I missing something?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Realm UI Ability Changes to Github Repo

Please add git integration for functions and 3rdParty HTTP services.
    Everything I make a change to a function and it is deployed, Realm tells me what the changes are but they are not pushed to my own Git repository

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide utility function to allow easier reading and usage of ObjectIds

Provide a utility that allows easier parsing of ObjectIds when they're returned to the client. As it stands, ObjectIds are returned as UInt8Arrays and cannot be readily used in the BSON.ObjectId constructor. Being able to retrieve specific items by ObjectId is necessary and the only way to do this dynamically (without knowing the hex string beforehand) is to retrieve the items and then use the returned id; however, as it stands, using the returned id is obfuscated and impractical.

I am now having to use the following workaround:

const toHexString = (bytes) =>

bytes.reduce((str, byte) => str + byte.toString(16).padStart(2, "0"),
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. User Presence

It would be nice to be able to have built in client device presence support in Realm. Firebase does this.

You basically need a table that contains booleans that get reset whenever a device goes offline and is no longer reachable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. on premise solution

Allow MongoDB to be used for on-premise solutions to offer early on integration or govcloud support for Realm.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Next JS

I'd like to see an example integrating stitch with nextjs. I'm having some issues trying to do so...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GridFS in Browser SDK

I could really use file upload/download in my application. I'm attempting to build a PWA in Angular and although we could write a whole other, server-side, api-based application to support file upload/download, it would really benefit the team if this was available in the Browser SDK

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatic created_at and updated_at Fields

Would be nice to have this feature as a checkbox on each collection or default for the entire database and it should be in utc or a checkbox for utc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support for Twitter Authentication

Currently, you only support Google and Facebook for social logins. Can Twitter also be added?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Global Variables for Functions

Add global variables to Functions (so I don't have to pass around supposedly global variables to every function call).

Add support for typescript :)))

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Revision History

It would be great if revision history could be kept, either on individual RealmObjects, groups of RealmObjects, or the Realm as a whole. There could be a way to specify the fidelity of the revisions (e.g. every change or every X minutes) and a way to specify a TTL (e.g. last 30 days). If the Realm is synced, the local Realm could purge its cache of revisions older than the TTL and there could be an API to retrieve these when needed. Additionally, there could a (separate) TTL for permanent deletion of revisions as to keep the Realm from growing…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Inheritance / Polymorphism

Support for polymorphism would be a huge plus. In particular, being able to define a class structure and then query for a base class (or interface?) to get a list of all the various concrete classes.

Related GitHub Issue: https://github.com/realm/realm-java/issues/761

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Realm Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base