• Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add two factor authentication

It would be great to have an option for two factor authentication to increase security. Ideally this would be via authentication apps such as Microsoft Authenticator, email or SMS authentication would be viable too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Google Cloud as 3rd Party Service

Please add Google Cloud as 3rd Party Service.

I tried upload as a dependency but when running my function it complained about missing http2 module.

Tried installing http2 as dependency but then hit into another error: "
    Cannot access member 'HTTP2HEADERSTATUS' of undefined"

By the time I think it won't be possible to do that, unless Google Cloud is supported by MongoDb natively.

The package I was trying is:
    const vision = require('@google-cloud/vision')

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Realm roles in Atlas Projects

Currently we only have two roles available for Realm Users:
    1. Project Owner
    2. Project ReadOnly
    Would be great to have more roles for Realm Users with the ability to give access to specific Realm App or give access to Realm only without giving access to the entire project. Something like Realm WriteRead and Realm ReadOnly roles
    Thank you,
    Anton

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Query pagination

We are limited to one query without an offset. Support for pagination is important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add line number to function call error messages

A simple line number of where a function fails would be incredibly useful. And a function name would be important too for when a function calls another function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Google Pubsub Client Support

support Google Pubsub Client API's in functions

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Reuse Types in Custom Resolver Schemas

We are in the process of migrating from a hand-implemented Apollo server to Mongo Realm, but are finding the inability to reuse types on custom resolvers to be a serious impediment.

For example, we have a number of custom resolvers that use the same type to define a temporal interval, but we cannot reuse that type in the arguments for our custom resolvers as Stitch will throw an error upon encountering those duplicated types. Additionally, many of these custom resolvers return the exact same type, but if we try to reuse that same type definition Stitch will throw errors about…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Function Testing (TDD/CI/CD)

It will be great if Tests could be defined within the UI.

For example having the option to write a jest test that is executed before deploying any changes to the Hosted app would be awesome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kotlin Multiplatform Support

It would be awesome to have a Kotlin multiplatform SDK.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Kotlin SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. File/Binary Data type within Realm Database

Example:

A new type could be defined, such as RealmFile. A RealmObject could have a RealmFile field or even a RealmList<RealmFile> field. Just like all other RealmObjects, this would simply be a proxy and wouldn't contain the actual file/binary data. To access or update the data in the RealmFile you would get an InputStream or OutputStream. Realm handles the rest in terms of syncing, caching, linking, etc. I know that Realm itself isn't really designed for arbitrarily large files, so the data contained in a RealmFile wouldn't necessarily need to be put into Realm. But it would be managed and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ionic Mobile App Support

Want to know if Realm provide SDK/Plugin for Ionic App

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customize Reset Password Email Link

Users should be able to customize the reset password email that is sent to their users. This should include changing what the "sender" url looks like (noreply-stitch+mongodb.com => resetPassword@yourapp.com). Developers should have access to change look of the body of the email. This includes what is typed in the body, the title of the body and as well the company logo. I will upload a picture of how it currently looks and from my message understand what we want to change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Xamarin.iOS Hot Restart

One of the coolest Xamarin.iOS features is that you can hook your iOS device to the Windows and debug the application very quickly without having to connect it to the Mac and wait ages until the debugger starts up. Unfortunately, an app containing Realm .NET SDKs won't run with this mechanism and will raise an exception.
    I would really love to see this working. Considering most of the Xamarin apps I do are using Realm, it's a major productivity killer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm .NET SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to save Realm Logs to a collection

Currently logs in a Realm app are viewable via the UI or via the API.
    The API limits return results to a maximum at 100 a time.
    I would like to be able to save logs (errors, especially) into a collection so that I can query or analyze them how I see fit.

The current work-around is ensuring that each of my functions has an appropriate try/catch/log, effectively replicating the logging Realm already does. Put another way, please expose the logs in a way that we can truly query them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support parquetjs or parquetjs-lite dependencies

Our product would like to read the parquet file-format from an S3 source. Both parquetjs and parquetjs-lite are incompatible with Realm's dependency upload.

parquetjs: "boto" module is a duplicate of a top-level Realm default library.
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/parquetjs

parquetjs-lite: Parse error when uploading tarball. See screenshot below.
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/parquetjs-lite

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please write explicit rules for anonymous auth users deletion or provide controls to adjust the behavior

In the documentation for anonymous auth, it says that Realm may delete anonymous users that are 90 days old https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/authentication/anonymous/

There is also a mention about 30 days of inactivity https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/persisting-anonymous-users/10247/2?u=anton_p

That's hard to rely on something so broad to make decisions in the app logic. Is it possible to clarify this behavior or provide control over this flow?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase RealmReturn Body Max Size

The maximum return body size of a realm webhook is 4MiB (4194304 bytes). That might seem enough for most applications but when dealing with massive amounts of data, e.g. timeseries data over years, that is a hard limitation.
    It requires the client to make many more requests that would be necessary.

In our special case we want to return one whole year worth of data per request to make things easier for our clients (currently they can get 3 months).

Given a 16MB Limit on a MongoDB Collection Document, this would seem like a sensable option for a limit if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GraphiQL Description field

I would like to add descriptions to improve the documentation of my GraphQL queries. When browsing the API through GraphiQL, all types and queries say "No description", so one could figure that this would be able to edit, but it's currently not possible (https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/add-description-to-custom-resolver/14227).

It would be nice to have the possibility to add a "description" key in a custom resolver JSON schema, like suggested in the post above.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Github Authentication Provider

Right now there is Google, Facebook, and Apple as auth providers. Would like to see Github added as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base