Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Terraform Provider

It would be nice to be able to managed Realm Applications via Terraform, similar to how MongoDB Atlas can currently be managed via the mongodb_atlas from Terraform provider.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export/import users in Realm app

Option to export all Realm app users and import them.

It's a major concern that users can't be exported. Both for backup reasons and also for moving them between apps.

If you delete or loose a Realm app you are out of business because the users are gone and if you mistakenly chose the wrong deployment region, you can't move the app because you can't move the users.

I think this is absolutely critical to growing a business using Realm apps.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. python

Python support would be great to allow us to have a single code base

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to have Realm app users in an Atlas collection

It would make a lot of sense to me if one could configure a Realm app to use a collection in the Atlas Cluster to store users instead of having a separate users database managed outside of Atlas, as the case is today.

To avoid a breaking change, this could be implemented as an option to how users are managed today.

This would solve most user-related feature requests and issues, as it would give the app developer full control of the user DB to do whatever queries or customization they want to. Maybe call the option "advanced" or such—more manual…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Client Side Field-level encryption for Realm Sync

Support client-side field-level encryption in MongoDB Realm.

https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/security-client-side-encryption/
    https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/security-automatic-client-side-encryption/

Basically, it would be nice if we could mark fields as being "sensitive" in the schemas, and Realm Sync would make sure to encrypt the fields before they are sent from the client app to the MongoDB Atlas database.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add federated graph support

Unable to upload apollo federation dependency on the beta version of MongoDB Realm, it would be great if that dependency would be supported soon.

FYR: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@apollo/federation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More Granular Realm UI Permissions

At this time, the only permission that allows access to Realm is Project Owner; however, Project Owner grants permission to change a plethora of things inside Realm. In our case, we have testers who do not need the ability to change code. The testers only need to change Values and add users. Could a new permission class be created to support this?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase RealmReturn Body Max Size

The maximum return body size of a realm webhook is 4MiB (4194304 bytes). That might seem enough for most applications but when dealing with massive amounts of data, e.g. timeseries data over years, that is a hard limitation.
    It requires the client to make many more requests that would be necessary.

In our special case we want to return one whole year worth of data per request to make things easier for our clients (currently they can get 3 months).

Given a 16MB Limit on a MongoDB Collection Document, this would seem like a sensable option for a limit if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full text search support for Realm

Would be great to have Full text search support for Realm.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Containerized Functions + Logging + Dependencies Improvements

I believe most of the below asks would be resolved if you allowed containerized functions to be uploaded and we can have the correct execution environment.
    Allow larger function sizes
    Allow more larger dependency sizes
    Allow 256kb size per log entry
    Allow Unlimited log entries per function execution
    Output formatted logs, don't want to scroll right forever
    Add refresh button for logs
    Log arguments for triggered function automatically
    Don't truncate logs
    Allow logs to be streamed so that you don't need to refresh logs
    Increase execution time to 15-30 minutes
    Allow dependencies to be imported outside of function definitely
    Allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support TypeScript

I know this is probably a very complex feature, but I'd like to work with TypeScript when writing functions.
    Some stretch goals:
    - full integration with VSCode so we no longer have to use the web editor
    - add support for testing functions (through CI/CD)

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notification on function failure

I would like a notification if a trigger fires a function, and the function fails.

I have a scheduled trigger that calls a function every day. I have no idea if the function fails unless I manually log in and check the status. I would like to be alerted in the event of a failure. I've gotten around this by manually setting up Slack notifications.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customize Reset Password Email Link

Users should be able to customize the reset password email that is sent to their users. This should include changing what the "sender" url looks like (noreply-stitch+mongodb.com => resetPassword@yourapp.com). Developers should have access to change look of the body of the email. This includes what is typed in the body, the title of the body and as well the company logo. I will upload a picture of how it currently looks and from my message understand what we want to change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for Xamarin.iOS Hot Restart

One of the coolest Xamarin.iOS features is that you can hook your iOS device to the Windows and debug the application very quickly without having to connect it to the Mac and wait ages until the debugger starts up. Unfortunately, an app containing Realm .NET SDKs won't run with this mechanism and will raise an exception.
    I would really love to see this working. Considering most of the Xamarin apps I do are using Realm, it's a major productivity killer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm .NET SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Array types in generated GraphQL schema should follow JSON schema of a collection or custom type

Hello!

Realm generates GraphQL schema that does not reflect the exact JSON schema of a collection or custom type when it comes to array fields. Generated GraphQL schema allow arrays to contain NULLs even if this is not stated in JSON schema.

For example, please see collection schema in the attachment. (Not able to insert JSON here in a readable manner)

For this schema, I expect Realm to generate following GraphQL type for my collection:

type MyCollection {
    _id: ObjectId!
    arrField: [String!]!
    }

Please note the exclamation sign inside the square brackets. This states that the array item can only…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GitHub Deploy - pulling deletes standard files, like LICENSE, README.md, etc.

If I make a change in the UI, deploy, then do a git pull on my local machine, the pull deletes my License, README.md, and .gitignore files. These are standard files and should not be changed on pull. It's like it's overwriting everything from scratch instead of just doing a diff. My repo is public and I need to include this basic info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for Name filtering in REALM logs

Currently Realm logs are pretty limited in functionality. It is hard to sort, filter and track down a specific log file. A filter option based on name would be beneficial. The filter could show all of the recent runs of something based on the name. Also, it would be nice to see the log pages refresh automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow community submissions to documentation

Let's face it, the Realm documentation as a whole is really lacking in comparison to the level of documentation of Atlas and other enterprise-level products. There have even been times I've had to search the old stitch documentation to understand how something works, and many other times I'm left experimenting or abandon a feature completely (for example, I gave up on Environments).

Other places have had success putting documentation on GitHub and allowing community submissions via pull requests.

Please allow the same -- I would happily contribute rather than needing to maintain my own notes (for me and my team)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base