Atlas Search

1. Support highlighting with autocomplete operator

Currently, highlighting is supported only with search, term, compound, and span operators, and this is documented in the highlighting documentation. Therefore, if highlighting is used with the autocomplete operator, then it results in an error like this:

"Highlights can not be generated. Path: "####" is not stored statically or dynamically indexed."

This is a feature request to add support for highlighting with the autocomplete operator.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search Query Analytics

For Atlas Search, I'd like to see data about what queries are run, and how many results are returned for a given query.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Only run Atlas Search on certain nodes

Today, Atlas Search runs on all nodes of your cluster. I would like to limit the nodes that queries run on so I can isolate my transactional workload from my search workload.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Function scores for Search

Elastic allows you to do to function scores, which allow us flexibility in manipulating results during certain queries. is this coming to Atlas Search?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-function-score-query.html

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Functionality that provides details of how a score was calculated for an individual document

Every document returned by an Atlas Search query is assigned a score based on relevance. Many factors can influence a document's score, including the position of the search term in the document, the frequency of occurrence of the search term in the document, the type of operator the query uses, the type of analyzer the query uses, etc.

We do have an explain functionality in Atlas Search, which returns information about the $search query plan and execution statistics. The results returned by explain("executionStats") has a section on score, which provides statistics related to scoring documents in the result set. However,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add support for UUID datatypes in Atlas Search

Currently, UUID is not one of the supported datatypes for Atlas Search. This is a feature request to add support for UUID datatypes in Atlas Search.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Errors When Querying Non-existent Indexes

I renamed the first index I created when testing out the feature so it wasn't default, and spent quite a bit of time debugging why my queries were returning no documents. As it turns out it the default index that it queries if not defined is "default", but that index didn't exist. Instead of throwing an error about querying a non-existent index, it just returned an empty array which was very frustrating

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Soundex/phonetic filter support

We need support for Soundex or phonetic filters for our use cases so we can support searches for similar sounding terms. thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Official React Component for Atlas Search

One of the reasons Algolia got so popular might be the fact that they provided instantsearch.js. The library was really easy to get started and intuitive to understand.

I read the Atlas Search's great tutorial(1) and watched the video(2) and cloned the repo FTS_MovieSearch on GitHub. They are really insightful and helpful. Yet, if there is official React component which provides some of (not all) functionalities that instasearch.js offers, that would help Atlas Search to grow.

(I put "React" in title, but maybe vanilla JS/TS component would be better to consider)

I used to try setting up Atlas + Elastic…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Analyzers

Customer is asking about adding new Analyzers language for Polish , Slovenian, Slovak and Croatian .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow to create Atlas Search index on a not existing collection

Currently it is not possible to create an Atlas Search index on a not existing collection, this makes more complicated to automatise the index creation on new clusters (e.g. via terraform).

Would be nice to allow the implicit collection creation when creating an Atlas Search Index.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability edit query syntax in Atlas UI

Right now you can only test simple queries in the Search Tester. I'd like to edit the query syntax to test more complex queries without the need to connect the cluster through MongoCLI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow autocomplete search on an array of strings

Currently, one can't use the autocomplete type to index fields whose value is an array of strings. This is a feature request to allow autocomplete indexing and searching on an array of strings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The equals operator should support date datatype

Currently, for querying on "date" datatypes, we can only use "range" or "near" operators. The "equals" operator supports querying only "boolean" and "objectId" values, and not date values.

If we want to do equality based matching for date datatypes, then we can leverage "range" using "gt" and "lt" to find it. However this might be sub-optimal in some cases.

Therefore, this is a feature request for having equals operator support date datatype (in addition to boolean and objectId).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Analzye Endpoint or Analysis Screen

Please show how an index is analyzed based on a given index definition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for specifying language-specific analyzers for the autocomplete datatype

Currently, the autocomplete data-type doesn't allow for specifying an analyzer, which means it uses the default standard analyzer. Now, the standard analyzer divides text based on word boundaries, making it language-neutral in most cases. However, currently, another language-specific analyzer cannot be specified for autocomplete.

This is a feature request to allow for specifying language-specific analyzers for the autocomplete data-type in the index definitions, in order to fully support autocomplete searching in languages other than English.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow search users to bring their own encryption key

I want to use my own encryption key so I know that my search data is encrypted with credentials I manage myself

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatically recreate Atlas Search indexes on a collection after the collection is dropped and recreated or overwritten

Currently, if you use the $out aggregation stage to modify a collection with an Atlas Search index, you must delete and re-create the search index. Also, if another collection is renamed with dropTarget:true to an existing collection that already has Atlas Search indexes on it, then it is necessary to recreate the Atlas Search indexes after the collection rename completes (which involves dropping the original collection).

This is a feature request to automatically recreate the pre-existing Atlas Search indexes on a collection after that collection is dropped and recreated (using either $out or renameCollection).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. wildcard path support for range operator

Currently wildcard path can be constructed to 4 operator(text, phrase, wildcard and regex). Some use cases will be there to use the wildcard path for numeric which can be used by range operator

{ a : { "6578ghg" : { value : "not 55" } } }
    { a : { "9578uhg" : { value : 55 } } }

Above 2 document if we have dynamic mapping of search index and below query cannot be used as range does not support wildcard in path:

db.dates.aggregate([ { $search :{ index:"synonyms", compound:{filter:[{text:{query:"55",path:{wildcard:"metadata.*.value"}}},{range:{gte:55,lte:55,path:{wildcard:"metadata.*.value"}}}]}}}])

Is there any plans/restriction for adding wildcard path support…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the option to mention the number of search results needed

I would like to get only the top scored 1000 or 2000 records while doing the search. Currently this is 2 step process : $search and then use the $limit stage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Atlas Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base