Skip to content

Atlas Search

149 results found

1. Ability to set a "minimum should match" in a query

I can specify a percent of terms I want to match, for instance 100% means require all terms, 66% means, only return documents that matched at least 60% of the terms. (the default is 1 term)

Ex for 100%

search "foo bar"

"foo bar" "bar foo" "bar hello foo" would all return

"foo hello" would not

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Configure Search Relevance or Results Ordering in the UI

I want to be able to configure search relevance or the order of results with a n Atlas UI module and no code.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use case driven search operators and index types

Examples: phone numbers, addresses, websites, emails

If this would be helpful for you, please comment the data type you are looking for

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Query_syntax operator should support lucene syntax

At the moment the query_syntax seems to have a custom syntax. It looks similar to lucene syntax but is not the same.

There are a few differences to azure and elastic and I don’t understand whether I am doing something wrong or not.

What all three service have in common is that they are built on top of lucene, therefore I though that the querystring operator uses the lucene query syntax as it seems to be done by elastic and azure: https://lucene.apache.org/core/29_4/queryparsersyntax.html

Documentation about the elastic query string query can be found under: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-query-string-query.html

There are a few…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve error message when index definition exceeds 3KB

hen you create an index definition on the free plan that exceeds 3KB you get the following message:

{"detail":"A tenant FTS index may not exceed 3 KB in size.","error":400,"errorCode":"TENANTFTSINDEXTOOLARGE","parameters":[],"reason":"Bad Request"}

The message could be clearer. I had no idea what it meant and had to search the docs for that.

The limitations are described here: https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/atlas-search/limitations/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. geoWithin metadata reporting searchDistance

Using geoWithin in the $search aggregation pipeline lets me use the search indexes, but it doesn't let me see the distance. I'd love to have a distanceField or perhaps a $meta that reports searchDistance similar to the one we have for searchScore

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add other operators (range/TO, NOT) in queryString

I like lucene query string syntax (https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_10_1/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/package-summary.html#package.description). I think it is more human-readable. So, please add the range operator to it and if it's possible, add other ones like NOT, regex, boosting, proximity and fuzzy.
    If it's hard, please focus on range and NOT

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enhanced alerting for Atlas Search

I am looking to set up alerts for the following criteria related to Atlas Search:
    - Alert and metrics based on search index queue size (when we expect results to be slow to appear)
    - Alert when a search index is being rebuilt (when we expect degraded performance and potential downtime) - there are already alerts included by default for Search Index Build Complete, and Search Index Build Failed, could it just be a new alert for Started?

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow $match syntax in $search queries

Currently, I am re-writing my queries that were previously using $match + $text queries using $search + compound. Firstly, this is a fair bit of work depending on the number of match clauses etc. Secondly, not all the operators that $match supports are supported inside $search/compound clauses causing product differences.

Anything that would speed up migrating $match queries to use $search while maintaining query results would help take advantage of the $search capabilities without having to rework the entire query logic.

As a side note, I'm aware that $match can follow a $search stage, but unfortunately this is really not…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Percolator for Atlas search to support Reverse look ups

Percolator for Atlas search to support Reverse look ups for real estate property data

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. RBAC for Atlas Search

Atlas Search Indexes can only be managed via MongoDB credentials (Terraform or API calls), with required role "Project Data Access Admin" (see https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/fts-indexes-create-one/#required-roles ). It would be great if we could create/delete search indexes using database credentials, similarly to regular indexes.

Because of that constraint, we need to provision dedicated apikey for our application ; in order to create the relevant search indexes. However, providing "Project Data Access Admin" is too much of a security risk - considering the power of such role.

Would it be possible to have dedicated "Atlas Search Admin" role which would allow creation / updating…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow to create Atlas Search index on a not existing collection

Currently it is not possible to create an Atlas Search index on a not existing collection, this makes more complicated to automatise the index creation on new clusters (e.g. via terraform).

Would be nice to allow the implicit collection creation when creating an Atlas Search Index.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Percolator/reverse search

Ability to store queries that allow you to supply a document and return the queries that match it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically recreate Atlas Search indexes on a collection after the collection is dropped and recreated or overwritten

Currently, if you use the $out aggregation stage to modify a collection with an Atlas Search index, you must delete and re-create the search index. Also, if another collection is renamed with dropTarget:true to an existing collection that already has Atlas Search indexes on it, then it is necessary to recreate the Atlas Search indexes after the collection rename completes (which involves dropping the original collection).

This is a feature request to automatically recreate the pre-existing Atlas Search indexes on a collection after that collection is dropped and recreated (using either $out or renameCollection).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. wildcard path support for range operator

Currently wildcard path can be constructed to 4 operator(text, phrase, wildcard and regex). Some use cases will be there to use the wildcard path for numeric which can be used by range operator

{ a : { "6578ghg" : { value : "not 55" } } }
    { a : { "9578uhg" : { value : 55 } } }

Above 2 document if we have dynamic mapping of search index and below query cannot be used as range does not support wildcard in path:

db.dates.aggregate([ { $search :{ index:"synonyms", compound:{filter:[{text:{query:"55",path:{wildcard:"metadata.*.value"}}},{range:{gte:55,lte:55,path:{wildcard:"metadata.*.value"}}}]}}}])

Is there any plans/restriction for adding wildcard path support…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the option to mention the number of search results needed

I would like to get only the top scored 1000 or 2000 records while doing the search. Currently this is 2 step process : $search and then use the $limit stage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. API to list all Atlas Search Indexes configured across all collections in the cluster

Currently, there is an API to list all Atlas Search indexes configured for a specific collection. However, there is no API that lists all Atlas Search indexes configured across all collections across all databases, in a particular cluster. The Atlas UI shows this, but the Atlas API does not have that functionality.

This is a feature request to add the API capability to list all Atlas Search indexes configured on all collections in a cluster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Total Document count on Filter

It's a very small feature but very useful with respect to use case, whenever someone filters on Atlas nowhere it shows the total number of result we got, till we didn't reach the last page so it's very useful if we can see the total number of records at least after filtering or it will be great if it is visible on each page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Target $search queries to specific shards

Currently, sharded $search queries are scatter-gather queries and they cannot be targeted to specific shards. This is an enhancement request to target $search queries to specific shards, and thereby make them more efficient/performant.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Atlas search to provide the ability to query number (long/double) fields

When querying mongo using atlas search, today it requires that the query parameter be a string. Ideally, I would like to be able to also search using numbers. Our stakeholders want the ability to type into a dropdown select field , type a number, and have it pull back a list of data.

Today, we are using atlas search to query against a multiple set of fields, and pull back the most relevant results. It would be nice to include number fields as part of our index in order to allow those same stakeholder the ability to query by the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Elle responded

Admin mistake! Long Numbers are also still unavailable. Reopening this and I am sorry for the confusion. 

• Don't see your idea?

Atlas Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base