Skip to content

Compass

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8 results found

1. Edit field while projecting

When projecting certain fields of a document, the UI does not allow the user to edit the document. This is a bit counter-intuitive as editing documents that have a large amount of fields is way harder than only showing the fields (via projection) that need to be edited.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. sticky buttons

Make buttons to edit/copy/clone/delete (top of record) and cancel/update (bottom of the record) "sticky" as they stay on viewport of current record (something like a sidebar ?).

When there is a lot of nested data, it could be hard to retrieve the buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like the nested fields of nested documents to stay expanded after I switch to a different collection tab

We usually test using fields or Object Ids inside nested documents among different collections. It's a bit time consuming to re-expand all nested fields after switching to a different tab. The version I am using is 1.40.4. I believe this feature existed in previous versions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to changes to a document to be preserved when navigating between tabs or at least receive a warning

When editing a document, you sometimes have to look up data in another tab, for example to copy-paste an ObjectID of another document.

However, when you return to the tab you were editing in, all your changes are lost and you have to start over.

There is no warning that navigating to another tab will cause your unsaved changes to be discarded.

Ideally, my changes would be retained and preserved so that I can continue working without fear of losing my work.

Current workaround is to copy the document data into an editor, make the changes there, and then paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A few UX improvements for modifying documents

If you work on a document it would be good to have the <ESC>-key to decline all changes and stop edit mode.

If you work on a document it would be good to have <CTRL>+<ENTER>-keys or <CMD>+<ENTER>-keys to save the document.

While scrolling through the results it would be good to have the buttons to edit, delete, etc. as a sticky row so you don't have to scroll back to the top of a document if you want to edit it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Missing UUID() support for creating/editing - UUID('486b423a-f668-4141-b8a4-3a9a5a45eb6f')

It would be very useful to create and edit fields that contain an UUID like:

somekey: UUID('486b423a-f668-4141-b8a4-3a9a5a45eb6f')

That should be stored as binary. I use this instead of the ObjectIDs.

I can query for UUIDs but I can't edit or create them in MongoDB Compass, that should be added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open document in a json editor

I want to be able to open a document in a JSON editor and edit it there without the key:value restrictions, even when I am viewing documents in the table view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I documents section to have mode to view and edit DbRef content instead of DbRef Objects.

I would like to have a mode to view and edit DbRef content, in the same way as the DRef Object fields are edited now. The idea is to see in the documents section all data linked. See and edit the data in a comfortable casual way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base