Charts

MongoDB Charts is the best way to create visualizations of MongoDB data. Connect to any MongoDB instance as a data source, create charts and graphs, embed them into your applications or build live dashboards for sharing and collaboration.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Number Formatting

When we use a chart type column - grouped option, in Y-Axis we are showing different data types (amounts and numbers). We cannot use the custom number formatting because it applies in both of data types. We would like to have the ability to apply custom number formatting to each columns.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Chart Types & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to create http link on text charts

I'd like to define an http link in table chart for a column.

Also, I'd like to use dynamic data (from the document) in the link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chart Types & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move dashboards between Atlas projects and organizations

I would like to be able to move dashboards between organizations and projects. This will enable flexibility on any future organizational changes. Enable the ability to export dashboards and import them into new billing accounts or projects would be helpful. Or you enable sharing between organizations and projects, that will allow then users to convert the shared dashboard into it's own version. That would work as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  4 comments  ·  Building Charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable integration with REACT

Enable native integration of MongoDB Charts with REACT-based applications.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permissions level to create charts but not data sources

We use the new data source pipelines feature to scrub our data sources of sensitive information. Unfortunately, though, right now if a user has permission to create a chart, then they have permission to create data sources. This undoes all of the work to protective sensitive information! Having a permission level that allows a user to create new charts but not new data sources would greatly improving the security/privacy of our data when working with MongoDB Charts.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Eric. Your scenario is very valid and we’d like to support this. We’d like to integrate this into the Atlas permissions model properly, rather than make it a Charts-only thing, so it may take us a little while to sort this out.

6. Chart exports should include missing data like the chart visualisation

Charts will fill in the gaps/missing data by design. This is great, but would be even better if the exports included the missing data, too.
    In the example below, the chart correctly displays 0s for 20-Jul and 27-Jul but they are not being included in the export

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Binning Ranges

Hi Tom (and Team). We would love the ability to bin by custom ranges. We currently can only set a static number, which can lead to some pretty non-standard groupings of data.

EG: For Age, we'd like to be able to create the following bins: 0-17, 18-25, 26-35, 36-45, etc... Since under 18 is a common age range to group together, the bins we have to used are 0-17, 18-34, 35-52, etc..., which isn't a terribly standard age range to group data by.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Building Charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Whitelabel version

I am not sure about licencing and the fact this is in BETA but it would be good to have a version where we could put in our companies logo and treat it as a portal for clients

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Date binning by quarter

It would be great to be able to bin dates by quarter. In particular, it would be nice to have financial quarters with a customizable start date for the financial year.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Building Charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to use line chart with area chart for prediction intervals

First of all, great idea and implementation! It would be nice to have the possibility to create prediction intervals while plotting, for example, a time series object and its forecast. Something similar to https://i.stack.imgur.com/3tJap.png
    There are already line charts and area charts object, but so far it is not possible mixing them and use them to generate such a visualization.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chart Types & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow to customize/substitute mongodb logo on publicly shared dashboard

As described, it would be nice to have publicly shared dashboard to have own logo or hide the existing mongodb logo(just like embedded chart).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Dashboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add median and mode to the aggregate functions for a number value

When I use a number value in a visual. I can choose aggregates: sum, count, distinct, mean, etc ...

I would like to have the option median and mode also. Median gives a better view than mean, if your date is sparse.

Thnx

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chart Types & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shortcut to copy chart ID

A simple button when the user hovers the chart that allows us to copy the chart ID without going to "embed > copy a part of the iframe" would really help people integrating dozens of charts. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add new chart type: Treemap Chart

A new chart type, called treemap chart, would enable more abilities to derive insights from data in MongoDB.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add new chart type: Waterfall

Waterfall charts a very common. See Wikipedia for definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfall_chart

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Filter White-Listed Fields

Previously, I was able to provide a top-level object field as a white-listed filter field and all sub-level fields would be included. Now, this is NOT allowed. My app is user customizable, in which they can create new fields to this object at will. There is no way I can maintain the white-listed sub-fields when my app uses a NOSQL approach, but yet the Charts filters are not. All of my charts are now coming back with Errors and won't load because of this change. Can you please please please provide the ability to specify a top-level object field and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to set refresh rate via url param

We have dashboards that run on TVs without human interactions
    I cannot change the refresh rate without human interaction

You could add a ?refresh=5m to the url

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dashboard quick navigation

When viewing a dashboard, it would be great to have a drop down for quick navigation to other dashboards without having to navigate back to the dashboard overview page first.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customize MongoDB Charts - Chart font

Can we please have a customization option (font styling) for the chart's text? It would be great if we can change the font styles(font-family) of the binns, text and data, etc used in the chart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please let us save chart without closing

Right now if I want to save my changes to a chart, I have to click "Save and Close". I would love an option to just save the changes, as I often change something and reload the code where I embed a chart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Building Charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base