Skip to content

Atlas CLI

The MongoDB Atlas Command Line Interface, or Atlas CLI (mongodb-atlas-cli), allows you to create, manage, and automate operations related to your MongoDB Atlas deployment. This includes tasks like provisioning clusters, creating and deleting users, and controlling network access. You can also access related products like Atlas Search. With the Atlas CLI, you can quickly interact with MongoDB services from the command line for easier testing and scripting.

You can install the Atlas CLI via, Homebrew, Apt, Yum, or a binary download. Help us improve the MongoDB Atlas CLI by posting your ideas and suggestions for improvements.

To report bugs, please use our mongodbcli github issues.

4 results found

1. Official Docker Image for Atlas Search

It Could be very useful test Atlas search locally using a dedicated Docker Image, so it is portable to a Kubernetes cluster

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Image execution in LXC

For our CI we use Github actions with self hosted runners, the server machines have Proxmox with LXC and Ubuntu. For automated tests we start a docker compose which should start the official atlas docker image. During deployment creation it fails with Error 127. Is there anything that is required to execute it on those machines?

The command which I run and the output look like the following:

docker run --privileged -p 27017:27017 -v "/var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" mongodb/atlas:v1.14.2 atlas deployments setup core-data \
    --type local \
    --mdbVersion 7.0 \
    --force \
    --bindIpAll \
    --username admin \
    --password notasecret

with this…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Possibility to download binaries in advance, or start a deployment in docker images

The problem is the following:
    When I create a deployment during docker image build, it won't start the deployment during image execution but end in an endless spinner. Therefore I created a deployment which will at least the binary download to speed up the image startup, which worked last year.
    Currently on startup of this image it will then try to create a new deployment and results in an error that python could not be found.

Creating your cluster core-data
    1/2: Starting your local environment...
    2/2: Creating your deployment core-data...
    Error: exit status 127: Error: runc: runc create failed: unable…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add instructions for windows local development.

It took me some research, but I was able to run the mongodb/atlas:latest docker image on a windows machine using Docker Desktop. I had to add this config on WSL nestedVirtualization=true (see https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/wsl-config).

Please add this to the documentation to save some troubleshooting time for other windows developers that might want to try this feature locally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base