I would like to propose new functionality to auto-refresh a collection in MongoDB Compass. For example, if I am waiting for a document to update, today I have to click refresh repetitively until the document has updated. I would like to set auto-refresh with a filter in place to be able to watch the collection as documents are updating, instead of having to click the refresh button every ~5 seconds.
Steps to follow:
- Log into MongoDB
- Open to view a collection
- Filter by some criteria, and click Find
- Click Refresh icon to reload the documents in the collection
I would expect auto-refresh to show some the same spinning action on the refresh icon, and continue refreshing every ~5 seconds while it is enabled/turned on.
I would expect to see the documents in the collection refresh every ~5 seconds with this action.
- I have a filter with a sort that I use daily to manage incoming documents
- I limit my filter by 100 records, but that could be reduced to 20 if 100 is too much to auto-refresh by