• Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to use a value to reference a database in a trigger

It would be great if we could use values for the database reference in a trigger, instead of having to select a database from a drop-down.

An actual use case:

To be able to use Realm for our various staging areas, we have created multiple Realm apps. One for production, one for UAT, one for test, etc. Each of them pointing to the databases for their respective staging environment.

We are using Github deployments, and we use a separate branch for each of the staging environments. So when something gets committed to the "deploy-test" branch, it gets to be deployed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. nativescript support

Currently only react-native and node are supported.

Having tried to get the 'getting started' tutorials running I have come against a bit of a brick wall. Namely that dependencies are a nightmare.

Adding nativescript support would help to open realm to other web technologies including vue and angular.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate Gridfs in the realm sdk

Enable the use of gridfs with stitch apps in android.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Github Deploy

When deploying from a Github commit, can you make the Realm files only update what is being committed? It seems like Realm is updating all files, which is taking forever when you have a bunch of functions, along with Hosting files, which in my case is a good bit.

If I go directly into the UI and update a function from there, the Deploy happens fairly quick. But, as soon as I commit from Github, that function gets updated by what is in my Github Repo, which in this case, would overwrire what I just did in the UI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User Presence

It would be nice to be able to have built in client device presence support in Realm. Firebase does this.

You basically need a table that contains booleans that get reset whenever a device goes offline and is no longer reachable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to set Values in Functions

Ability from webhooks and functions to call context.values.set() and set a value that can then be referenced somewhere later. This could dramatically cut back on calls to outside APIs as we need data in multiple places so we end up having to make several calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MongoDB support for db.collection.distinct() in SDKs

Add distinct() function to the SDK. The ability of displaying unique values of a field will be useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Global Variables for Functions

Add global variables to Functions (so I don't have to pass around supposedly global variables to every function call).

Add support for typescript :)))

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Native Kotlin SDK

This is a more general idea to publicly state that Kotlin is a supported language for the Realm SDK with the intention that Kotlin should work and that Kotlin related issues will be a priority to fix.

There is, of course, also the more in-depth support that could be done to create an idiomatic Kotlin API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Kotlin SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to dynamically create/destroy realms

I would like to be able to dynamically create and destroy realms from my swift and java mobile apps. I imagine features in my mobile app that would be best served by a “temporary” realm

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Built the new Stitich like Strapi

Advanced Nodejs/React/Vue/Angular Developers have tried Strapi for sure once or at least heard of it. It is a headless-cms/graphical UI for building APIs, The first thing that came into my mind when I tried Stitch + the new GraphQL feature was, Nice product but the UI Strapi gives you for creating Schemas/Data is something MongoDB needs in thair Stitch App to take off since nobody does this currently.

So my suggestion for Stitch is to have a Strapi like UI so we don't need to write Schemas manually, I'm sure this product will take off since everyone I talked to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Array types in generated GraphQL schema should follow JSON schema of a collection or custom type

Hello!

Realm generates GraphQL schema that does not reflect the exact JSON schema of a collection or custom type when it comes to array fields. Generated GraphQL schema allow arrays to contain NULLs even if this is not stated in JSON schema.

For example, please see collection schema in the attachment. (Not able to insert JSON here in a readable manner)

For this schema, I expect Realm to generate following GraphQL type for my collection:

type MyCollection {
    _id: ObjectId!
    arrField: [String!]!
    }

Please note the exclamation sign inside the square brackets. This states that the array item can only…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. logs

When filtering logs I should be able to enter a date/time in the near future for the To date in order to produce a shareable URL in the address bar that will include log lines in the range from some specified date in the past until "now" without having to precisely enter what "now" is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View cloud data in Realm Studio mongodb

Realm Studio is helpful to explore data from Legacy Realm Cloud. But Realm Studio mongodb does not support opening 'Realm Cloud'.
    Please consider this feature.
    Thanks so much,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow community submissions to documentation

Let's face it, the Realm documentation as a whole is really lacking in comparison to the level of documentation of Atlas and other enterprise-level products. There have even been times I've had to search the old stitch documentation to understand how something works, and many other times I'm left experimenting or abandon a feature completely (for example, I gave up on Environments).

Other places have had success putting documentation on GitHub and allowing community submissions via pull requests.

Please allow the same -- I would happily contribute rather than needing to maintain my own notes (for me and my team)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Increase max 100 item limit from Realm Logs API

Currently the API has a hard limit of returning 100 results. For any sort of real diagnostics with the logs, this is pretty much worthless -- with a large quantity of transactions, the only thing I can think of to do would be to write a script to loop through time intervals and aggregate them on my side.

As a real-world scenario, I was trying to identify the full scope of impact of a bug that went out and was not caught for a couple days and ran into the limit. It was also difficult to even identify exactly when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. nodemailer Support

Nodemailer is currently not supported because of the punycode dependency. Would be nice to send mails directly on the mongodb server.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow editing of the generated GraphQL schema and resolver

The data model that I want to expose to the user is not the one that I have in MongoDB, having this feature would be nice

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GraphQL in Realm Functions

It would be useful to have an integrated GraphQL client that is authenticated against the cluster available in Realm functions, to create stored queries and modify these in postprocessing in a Realm function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base