Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More descriptive errors

We need more error codes for different situations. For example, using the wrong details while logging in returns 46 (Unknown), with a message indicating wrong credentials. In my app, 46 maps to a message like "An unknown error occurred. Please try again later.".

It would be nice if wrong credentials had its own error type so I could send a more descriptive message.

Please also consider this for any other error type that doesn't have a good reason for being Unknown.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Application Deployment in GCP

Currently deployent is only available to AWS but Atlas allows deployment in GCP.

We need to have deployment close to GCP for better performance consideration.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Logging Enhancements

We need the following enhancements
    1. Need more than 80 characters
    2. Need ability to turn it on and off by level (Log4J)
    3. Need ability to turn to higher level of logging on a single call

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Function Testing (TDD/CI/CD)

It will be great if Tests could be defined within the UI.

For example having the option to write a jest test that is executed before deploying any changes to the Hosted app would be awesome.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use node modules in Functions

As far as I understand currently it is not possible to use node/npm modules is Functions. Would be great to have it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kotlin Multiplatform Support

It would be awesome to have a Kotlin multiplatform SDK.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Kotlin SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. File/Binary Data type within Realm Database

Example:

A new type could be defined, such as RealmFile. A RealmObject could have a RealmFile field or even a RealmList<RealmFile> field. Just like all other RealmObjects, this would simply be a proxy and wouldn't contain the actual file/binary data. To access or update the data in the RealmFile you would get an InputStream or OutputStream. Realm handles the rest in terms of syncing, caching, linking, etc. I know that Realm itself isn't really designed for arbitrarily large files, so the data contained in a RealmFile wouldn't necessarily need to be put into Realm. But it would be managed and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. refresh logs button

Please add a refresh button to the Logs view. I realize a browser refresh does the trick, but a button above the Logs table is more convenient.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Single schema of truth: JSON Schema / Realm Schema / GraphQL Schema / TypeScript Types

I think the current recommended initial prototyping workflow for a Realm web SDK user is like this:

1) Add first data in collection (manually, on Compass etc.)
    2) Generate JSON Schema (manually click a button on web UI)
    3) Set up relationship (manually, on web UI)
    4) Download GraphQL Schema (manually click a button on web UI)
    5) Get TypeScript types and React hooks (automatically generated by graphql-codegen CLI)
    6) If you use another Realm SDK somewhere else (ex. Node.js sdk for server side), write Realm Schema (manually)

This is not very developer friendly, and requires back-and-forth work between CLI,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable Sync

A flag to enable/disable cloud sync on Fully-synchronized realms.

This would be convenient if you're offering sync as a premium feature.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Google Auth consent screen

Trying to use google authentication i have followed the documentation and the login flow works but because the redirect is mongodb.com url the google consent screen shows logging into mongodb which for the end user is going to be a redflag because that is not what they are signing in to.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. nativescript support

Currently only react-native and node are supported.

Having tried to get the 'getting started' tutorials running I have come against a bit of a brick wall. Namely that dependencies are a nightmare.

Adding nativescript support would help to open realm to other web technologies including vue and angular.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate Gridfs in the realm sdk

Enable the use of gridfs with stitch apps in android.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Github Deploy

When deploying from a Github commit, can you make the Realm files only update what is being committed? It seems like Realm is updating all files, which is taking forever when you have a bunch of functions, along with Hosting files, which in my case is a good bit.

If I go directly into the UI and update a function from there, the Deploy happens fairly quick. But, as soon as I commit from Github, that function gets updated by what is in my Github Repo, which in this case, would overwrire what I just did in the UI.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to set Values in Functions

Ability from webhooks and functions to call context.values.set() and set a value that can then be referenced somewhere later. This could dramatically cut back on calls to outside APIs as we need data in multiple places so we end up having to make several calls.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MongoDB support for db.collection.distinct() in SDKs

Add distinct() function to the SDK. The ability of displaying unique values of a field will be useful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Native Kotlin SDK

This is a more general idea to publicly state that Kotlin is a supported language for the Realm SDK with the intention that Kotlin should work and that Kotlin related issues will be a priority to fix.

There is, of course, also the more in-depth support that could be done to create an idiomatic Kotlin API.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Kotlin SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom GraphQL Schema for MongoDB Realm

Dear MongoDb GraphQl Stitch developers,

Is it possible to add an ability to modify the final GraphQl schema (in order to remove unnecessary for my API stuff)
    OR
    Build it based on existed roles?

For example, Im building a "read only" GraphQl API and have NO roles that can actually modify the data. So I find it illogically to have mutations in the Final GraphQl schema.

It would be great to have an ability to choose which exactly mutations/queries I need for my GraphQl.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to dynamically create/destroy realms

I would like to be able to dynamically create and destroy realms from my swift and java mobile apps. I imagine features in my mobile app that would be best served by a “temporary” realm

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ionic Mobile App Support

Want to know if Realm provide SDK/Plugin for Ionic App

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base