Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Intuitive GUI for Relationship Modeling

I know "Add Relationship" button works very well. However, you can check some of Headless CMS out there and learn from how they are letting users to handle relationship modeling.

I think the one from Strapi is the best. It's like attached image.
    You can search on google image by "Strapi relation" and find more images.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add REST API Services

Add REST Services support analogous the GraphQL.
    Some users on Realm desire a REST API to their clients as
    oppose to a GraphQL API.

Although this can somewhat be accomplished by adding a HTTP '3rd Party Service' and query the mongo collections, you don't get all Rules, Schema, and other useful tools and services which are provided with the GraphQL option.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Finish the Realm Web documentation

It would be nice if somebody could actually finish the Realm Web SDK documentation beyond just saying how to initialize your app and login. It's missing a lot of stuff like how to connect to your Database and perform various tasks. Also it would be good to know at what stage of development the SDKs are in with a update log or something.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Actual API Documentation

There is various documentation for the many Realm/Stitch SDKs but almost no information about the underlying API endpoints, this needs to change and we need some detailed docs for working with the API itself.

I am trying to get an app running with the GraphQL API but have found working with the authentication APIs to handle auth tokens and sessions to be a bit of a nightmare. This page https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/graphql/authenticate/ has some useful information but doesn't even give the endpoints for logging out or explain how to properly handle the email sign up process using API endpoints in place of…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deploy Application code from Bitbucket private repository

Currently it is only possible to link a Github account for deployment.
    It would be great if we can use Bitbucket as well. I have my code in a private bitbucket repository and would love to have the ability to deploy from it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for macOS

Provide complete, end to end support for macOS in MongoDB Realm. It will bring enterprise level capability to the desktop and allow total integration across (Apple) devices. Imagine a large factory where the workers can use their iPhones track or report work progress and then management being able to review those reports on their desktop.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Users by Email

In the users tab, I can only search by ID. If I don't have the users ID, it's nearly impossible for me to find a user in the list. Need to be able to search for a user by email ASAP. Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Documentation for Test (Jest)

There seems to be no documentation how to write good tests for realm at this moment.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Extend update and delete change event with document pre-image

Hey,
    it would be really helpful to extend update and delete change events with pre-image of the document.

Update event:
    For update events we can add a lookup to get the fullDocument but we do not have any information how the document looked before the update was applied.

Delete events:
    In case of delete change events the only information regarding the document is the "_id" of the deleted document. It would be great to have the fullDocument in the change event to use this for further actions.

Is an extension like this possible or even in development?

Best regards
    Peter

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MongoDB Realm vs Realm

Hi, I am an existing Realm/Realm Cloud user and am struggling to understand what the MongoDB Realm offering is and how it compares with the existing Realm/Realm Cloud solution.

Is there any documentation that explains what the difference is between the two solutions and what if any migration is required.

It's not clear whether the latest cocoa Realm database v5.1.0 is still compatible with Realm Cloud nor is it clear whether there is any plan to continue supporting the current Realm Cloud solution. A nice clear description would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Duncan

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for Vue / Nuxt

Support for Vue / Nuxt

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. function sandbox

It would be great to have a function sandbox area, where you can write and called previously used functions (saved like notepad++ does) without having to create the function and commit it.

This would be for trying thing out or performing quick tasks for which you don't want to go through all the hassle of formally creating a function.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow manually disabled trigger to resume without resume token

I am filing a feature request for the option to: Disable a trigger manually and be able to restart it without using a resume token (i.e. such that DB events that occurred while it was disabled will be ignored by the trigger, and it will simply start listening for new events upon restart).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Realm Triggers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for arrayFilters in Functions

Can we add arrayFilters and other array update capabilities that already exist in MQL? Its is difficult to update arrays, and very easy to update an array in MQL in node.js for example.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Folders for Functions, Values

Add folders to the Functions and Values areas and then to make it 10x better by adding permissioning by folder so we can keep our clients from altering sensitive functions/values in specific folders.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for Query Operators on Single-Typed Arrays

As requested in this Github issue: https://github.com/realm/realm-cocoa/issues/5334

This item is also called out within the current public roadmap: https://www.mongodb.com/realm#roadmap

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add More Regions For Realm

Would be great if we can have more options for realm like south america and europe.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Password reset email customization

Basic password reset email customization would be greatly appreciated when using the UserPassword auth provider. Short of fully customized emails, logo upload and basic verbiage editing would be an improvement.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Google Pubsub Client Support

support Google Pubsub Client API's in functions

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding or removing elements from array fields

It would be helpful to support array add/remove in update mutations. I've been running into this most often when dealing with one-to-many relationships.

For example, adding/removing books from an author. Currently, you would have to fetch the entire array of books to add or remove the book linked to the author. If I could supply the foreign key to add/remove from the relationship that would be fantastic.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base