Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More flexible Custom User Data / User Linking

On Stitch, you can have multiple providers for identity, but then it creates multiple users even with the same email address if you have someone from say Google or then someone who authenticated via email. There is a way to merge two accounts, but it requires the user to authenticate twice and that's not an ideal user experience. One solve is to treat them as one user. The other solve is to create a user metadata collection which both identities can reference, but if you're trying to add rules and permissions you can't put an array of options in the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Database  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add REST API Services

Add REST Services support analogous the GraphQL.
    Some users on Realm desire a REST API to their clients as
    oppose to a GraphQL API.

Although this can somewhat be accomplished by adding a HTTP '3rd Party Service' and query the mongo collections, you don't get all Rules, Schema, and other useful tools and services which are provided with the GraphQL option.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Actual API Documentation

There is various documentation for the many Realm/Stitch SDKs but almost no information about the underlying API endpoints, this needs to change and we need some detailed docs for working with the API itself.

I am trying to get an app running with the GraphQL API but have found working with the authentication APIs to handle auth tokens and sessions to be a bit of a nightmare. This page https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/graphql/authenticate/ has some useful information but doesn't even give the endpoints for logging out or explain how to properly handle the email sign up process using API endpoints in place of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use node modules in Functions

As far as I understand currently it is not possible to use node/npm modules is Functions. Would be great to have it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom GraphQL Schema for MongoDB Realm

Dear MongoDb GraphQl Stitch developers,

Is it possible to add an ability to modify the final GraphQl schema (in order to remove unnecessary for my API stuff)
    OR
    Build it based on existed roles?

For example, Im building a "read only" GraphQl API and have NO roles that can actually modify the data. So I find it illogically to have mutations in the Final GraphQl schema.

It would be great to have an ability to choose which exactly mutations/queries I need for my GraphQl.

Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding or removing elements from array fields

It would be helpful to support array add/remove in update mutations. I've been running into this most often when dealing with one-to-many relationships.

For example, adding/removing books from an author. Currently, you would have to fetch the entire array of books to add or remove the book linked to the author. If I could supply the foreign key to add/remove from the relationship that would be fantastic.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deploy Application code from Bitbucket private repository

Currently it is only possible to link a Github account for deployment.
    It would be great if we can use Bitbucket as well. I have my code in a private bitbucket repository and would love to have the ability to deploy from it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export/import users in Realm app

Option to export all Realm app users and import them.

It's a major concern that users can't be exported. Both for backup reasons and also for moving them between apps.

If you delete or loose a Realm app you are out of business because the users are gone and if you mistakenly chose the wrong deployment region, you can't move the app because you can't move the users.

I think this is absolutely critical to growing a business using Realm apps.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. External Dependencies Management (npm)

A lot of 3rd party libraries don't work, even ubiquitous ones like Joi. We upload zipped node_modules and all we get are errors.

Devs now spend time building simplified versions of these libraries so we don't get the full benefit of a using a battle-tested library and also waste time writing functions that we shouldn't need to write. This is a huge pain and a productivity killer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Documentation for Test (Jest)

There seems to be no documentation how to write good tests for realm at this moment.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MongoDB Realm vs Realm

Hi, I am an existing Realm/Realm Cloud user and am struggling to understand what the MongoDB Realm offering is and how it compares with the existing Realm/Realm Cloud solution.

Is there any documentation that explains what the difference is between the two solutions and what if any migration is required.

It's not clear whether the latest cocoa Realm database v5.1.0 is still compatible with Realm Cloud nor is it clear whether there is any plan to continue supporting the current Realm Cloud solution. A nice clear description would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Duncan

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More descriptive errors

We need more error codes for different situations. For example, using the wrong details while logging in returns 46 (Unknown), with a message indicating wrong credentials. In my app, 46 maps to a message like "An unknown error occurred. Please try again later.".

It would be nice if wrong credentials had its own error type so I could send a more descriptive message.

Please also consider this for any other error type that doesn't have a good reason for being Unknown.

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. C#/Xamarin Support for MongoDB Realm

SDK supporting C#/Xamarin Supportas well as Realm Sync

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Realm .NET SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for macOS

Provide complete, end to end support for macOS in MongoDB Realm. It will bring enterprise level capability to the desktop and allow total integration across (Apple) devices. Imagine a large factory where the workers can use their iPhones track or report work progress and then management being able to review those reports on their desktop.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More Granular Realm UI Permissions

At this time, the only permission that allows access to Realm is Project Owner; however, Project Owner grants permission to change a plethora of things inside Realm. In our case, we have testers who do not need the ability to change code. The testers only need to change Values and add users. Could a new permission class be created to support this?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add More Regions For Realm

Would be great if we can have more options for realm like south america and europe.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search Users by Email

In the users tab, I can only search by ID. If I don't have the users ID, it's nearly impossible for me to find a user in the list. Need to be able to search for a user by email ASAP. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More Intuitive GUI for Relationship Modeling

I know "Add Relationship" button works very well. However, you can check some of Headless CMS out there and learn from how they are letting users to handle relationship modeling.

I think the one from Strapi is the best. It's like attached image.
    You can search on google image by "Strapi relation" and find more images.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for Vue / Nuxt

Support for Vue / Nuxt

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base