Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Decode user token

Using Realm as an authentication service and a separate backend that then allows the user to connect to separate external APIs, I need to be able to verify that the user is an authenticated user and that their data (only email in this case) match those of the third party external API.

The request to the third party API runs via admin API channels so it's critical to ensure the user is only able to manipulate their own data (orders, subscriptions etc).

As far as I've been told there is no way to verify a user that logged into my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Realm API retrieval limit

Remove the 50 item limit on calls to the Realm API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Schema for Realm's JSON Files to Enable Auto-Completion

This is a minor suggestion but it will be great if intellisense works for Realm-specific json files (i.e. "auth_providers/api-key.json", "services/mongodb-atlas/rules/db.collection.json", etc).

It will be helpful for developers using the Ream's "Deploy with CLI/GitHub" feature (which is great). I guess it may help reduce confusions; for example ObjectId/ObjectID/objectId.

VSCode has built-in support for JSON schema, and it seems additional schemas can be specified via three options: $schema in the file, VSCode settings or an extension.
    https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/languages/json#_json-schemas-and-settings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Schema Definition/Validation: Descriptive Errors

It would be nice to have a more descriptive error similar to the way Joi works when an insert fails due to schema definition. An error that points to the offending section of the schema.

It's hard to debug with the current "insert not permitted" error.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import app with Realm UI

You can export the realm app using the Realm UI, but you cannot import it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide support for Paypal Node SDK

I just would like to have added support for the PayPal-node-SDK module. Currently when you try to use it as a dependency it results in an error.

The repo is located here:

https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-node-SDK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customer feedback on Cocoapods

"I was looking for the pre-built version of the iOS SDK to download and install directly and that took me a bit to find. We don’t use Cocoapods, but the documentation really only describes using Cocoapods. Anyway I was able to find it on github recently, but I hadn’t thought to look there before. That might be a helpful addition to the docs for anyone installing it directly - I had to dig around quite a bit for it and wasn’t sure where to look."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Cocoa SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. realm-ui

When creating a free cluster to evaluate realm-ui and sync please warn that 4.4 or higher mongo is required.
    Now i found out when getting started that i have a cluster with 4.2.1 and cannot use the task tracker app sync.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ordering fields in Atlas

The field's order doesn't respect the schema.
    Ordering fields when we use mutation with GraphQL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simple Way to Log Out a User From All Browser Tabs

Developers will often want to logout/login a user automatically from all the open tabs/windows.

Let's say you are developing a Single Page Application using realm-web JS SDK.

A user journey of the app will look like this: A user logs in with app.logIn(credentials), and opens multiple tabs/windows on the browser. Then the user clicks the "Log out" button inside one of the tabs, and switches to another tab. The app UI remains the same, but http requests will fail.

Although you might think it's a problem that each developer should tackle with, please consider to provide a native solution…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for user "Presence"

At this point in time, it is not possible to determine in Realm Cloud whether a user is connected to a MongoDB Realm app and is online or not. In other words, there is no built in mechanism in Realm for figuring this out. Firebase has had this feature for years, so I think it only nature that Realm should as well. This is absolutely critical for developing something like a chat application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 'Previously Used' column to table of functions

Add a column indicating when each function was previously used in the functions screen.

It would also be helpful to have some basic stats about each functions usage, like total usage count, used in last 30 days, and total usage as a % of all function calls.

This would help you to find which functions are used most to make them as efficient as possible, and to remove ones that aren't used much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Subscription Payments for charging Customers/Users in MongoDB Realm Cloud

MongoDB Realm is perfect for SaaS products but the hard part is always implementing recurring billing for customers, we would need to write and implement a system like this ourself and maintain it which costs time and money or use third party services like Chargebee or Recurly. Firebase already has a nice extension market where you can install the Stripe extension and you are ready to go and charge your Customers monthly, I would like to see the same in MongoDB Realm with Stripe & PayPal & maybe more, best would be as an official product of the MongoDB product…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Intercepter or Middleware with GraphQL Apis

Add a middleware or interceptor along with default graphql apis. So we can do some custom validation before start querying database.
    Scenario: If I want a user to restrict number of reads per collection, the best approach is go with custom resolver. But if there is a default pre-hook and post-hook , It would be great

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email/Password Auth password requirement options

Email/Password Auth currently only validates passwords to be from 6 to 20 character long.
    We need more requirement options, such as:

Minimum length, which must be at least 6 characters but fewer than 99 characters. User chooses the min and max option.
    Require numbers
    Require a special character from this set:
    ^ $ * . [ ] { } ( ) ? " ! @ # % & / \ , > < ' : ; | _ ~ `
    The plus "+" and minus "-" sign do not meet special character requirements.
    Require uppercase letters
    Require lowercase letters

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Realm Google Authentication Providers callback redirect

Hello, I am having problems with authentication via Google Authentication Providers.

The system prevents me from saving the backlink as:
    chrome-extension://feomclaleplfhikikgnedghpnhozzzhb/index.html

Throws an error: redirect URI must contain scheme of http or https
    "chrome-extension://" is the standard URI scheme.

Please add the ability to add a schema backlink for the chrome extension.

I cannot use other Google Authentication Providers because, if you build the application in the ElectronJS + Chrome-Extention configuration, ElectronJS does not support any authentication protocols. The only way out is to log in using the back link.

Regards, Alexander

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow more Realm data source read preferences

Need to be able to specify custom read preferences (e.g. tags) for Realm data sources, as I may want to segregate the load from my Realm apps with other operational load.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for updating nested fields in GraphQL mutations

I want to do the equivalent of {$set: {"details.pm_stage": "...."}}

export const UPDATEPROJECTDETAILS = gql
    mutation UpdateProjectDetails($query: PsprojectQueryInput!, $pmStage: String!) {
    updateOnePsproject(query: $query, set: {details: {pm_stage: $pmStage}}) {
    _id
    }
    }
    ;

right now the whole "details" subdocument gets overridden

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Compare Strings and ObjectIds in JSON Expressions

We have a use-case where we need to compare an ObjectId on a document to the ObjectId of the user's custom data doc. However, because the ID of the user's custom data object is returned as a string and not as an ObjectId, there is no way to make this comparison without creating a function just to compare the ObjectId and the string. The overhead of invoking a function just to call toString on the ObjectId is going to be a major problem, especially because we need to make this comparison 5 times for every single operation on our most…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Special variables and values

For example, I have a field called UpdatedAt which is a datetime field, I'd like to have it set to the system datetime of the server. If I use trigger to update the value of this field, then I will not be able to read the value right after the mutation completed. So I want to do something like ' Field: SYSTEMDATETIME', then the server side of GQL will translate SYSTEMDATETIME to the correct value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base