Skip to content

Atlas CLI

The MongoDB Atlas Command Line Interface, or Atlas CLI (mongodb-atlas-cli), allows you to create, manage, and automate operations related to your MongoDB Atlas deployment. This includes tasks like provisioning clusters, creating and deleting users, and controlling network access. You can also access related products like Atlas Search. With the Atlas CLI, you can quickly interact with MongoDB services from the command line for easier testing and scripting.

You can install the Atlas CLI via, Homebrew, Apt, Yum, or a binary download. Help us improve the MongoDB Atlas CLI by posting your ideas and suggestions for improvements.

To report bugs, please use our mongodbcli github issues.

3 results found

1. Atlas CLI to return the roles/actions/privileges assigned to a particular database user

I have done some testing and research and have been unable to get the Atlas CLI to return the roles/actions/privileges assigned to a particular database user. I am requesting that this functionality be added to the Atlas CLI, as it seems like a common requirement, and I believe the Atlas CLI should support.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Atlas CLI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to raise this feedback. It's always appreciated as it helps us improve the product.

As my colleague mentioned in his comment, one of the ways to retrieve this information is by using "atlas dbusers describe <username> --output json".

At the same time we will look into ways how our Help and Documentation can be improved to make it easier to find this information. 

Please keep the feedback coming.

Thanks,

Jakub

2. Add API to create new organisation

looks like there is no API to create Organisation. and API Key belongs to organisation as well. so probably need Global API Key similar to what we have in OPS Manager.

there should be another API to link organisations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Atlas CLI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a provider_region parameter in the "realm-cli apps create"

Hi,

I noticed that there is no argument in the "realm-cli apps create" to select a region. The API already supports a provider_region parameter (https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/app-services/admin/api/v3/#tag/apps/operation/adminCreateApplication). So it would nice if it was also available in the CLI to create new apps within a CI pipeline.

Thanks,
    Agathe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Atlas CLI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Provider regions is supported with the new CLI tool atlas-app-services-cli as follows:

""

The flag is --provider-region on atlas-app-services-cli apps create and the regions supported are listed here

""

Take the new CLI into use with:

""

npm install -g atlas-app-services-cli and then instead of realm-cli for the command, it should be appservices

""

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base