Hi. I want to suggest a couple of improvements for mongotop.
- count output in a grid view. Now only time is supported. Could be implemented with a command line flag
- limit the number of rows in a grid view with a command line flag (now 10 is hardcoded)
- pretty print of JSON (by flag)
- rename parameter rowcount to itercount
- date pretty print, something more human-readable than ISO format
- collect more granular stats from the top command. Now we only collect total and locks, * while we can insert, remove, update, etc.
I could implement them if the improvements are considered ok.
Pavel shared this idea