Skip to content

Drivers

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

67 results found

1. Support for FilterDefinition as part of Atlas Search/$search

Allow the Search Function to accept a FilterDefinition<T> object and/or a SortDefinition object to do the filtering/sorting as part of the Search routine instead of it being in a unique format only to search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  C#  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Closing a closed cursor should not throw

If a cursor is already closed, and close() is called, it should quietly do nothing. Throwing IllegalStateException is just rude.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Java  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. single-thread pymongo

Hi.

I am using MongoDB Atlas and have recently moved my site to Google App Engine.
    GAE supports only limited multithreading and outputs errors about PyMongo.

Disabling multi-threading option of PyMongo will help me.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Python  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MongoChangeStreamCursor.getResumeToken() should be initialized on open

A newly opened change stream cursor returns null for getResumeToken(). This makes fault tolerance cumbersome and full of corner cases during the period before the cursor acquires its resume token, which can take a long time on a quiescent database.

There exists a way to cause a change stream cursor to acquire a resume token immediately, even before it sees its first event, by calling tryNext. However, this also causes the cursor to block for the polling period (maxAwaitTime), and shortening the polling period has other adverse effects.

Fault tolerance and recovery logic would be significantly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Java  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support getting connection provider when connecting with aws authentication

It would be helpful if the connect function would support getting one of "@aws-sdk/credential-providers", in case of AWS authentication.
    see:
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSJavaScriptSDK/v3/latest/modules/_aws_sdk_credential_providers.html#fromNodeProviderChain

Reason:
    mongo db driver for node js, checks the credentials in specific order, and gives precedence to env. There is no way to override it.
    This causes a problem when running from EKS cluster, and using web identity token file.
    When my pod needs to access also other AWS resources like S3, and I expose AWS environment variables (like AWSACCESSKEYID, AWSSECRETACCESSKEY), the MongoDB driver takes into account the credentials before the web identity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Node.js  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IDE Plugin

Provide a way for MongoDB users to interact with their data from an IDE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Normalize maximum time in MS parameter name, maxTimeMS vs max_time_ms

Currently, some operations such as aggregate() or count_documents use maxTimeMS as parameter name, but others such as the find(), use max_time_ms, so unless you memorize which method uses which nomenclature, you have to check the docs every time.
    This is specially confusing since, for example, find_one() uses max_time_ms but all the find_one_and_...() methods use maxTimeMS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CommandStartedEvent::getCommand() not instance of Explainable

I'm trying to build a verbose mode in our MongoDB wrapper library. I was able to implement debug output leveraging CommandSubscriber interface. This part works.
    However what I would also like to do is create support for automatic explaining of queries that are being executed. This is not possible due to inconsistency in MongoDB (php) library.

• CommandStartedEvent::getCommand() is not an instance of Explainable interface. It's just a deserialized object. There is no way to fetch the original command object to be able to do explain.
    • Neither it is possible to remember such command object when creating it. As these are…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PHP  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Generic count property in _WriteResult class

Hi,

I'm using a MongoDB as a backend for my API and often come to a case where i want to validate whether I updated, inserted or deleted any records. At the moment I use the deletedcount and machtedcount properties in the DeleteResult and UpdateResult object. To provide a more generic way I thought it may makes sense to provide a new property in the generic WriteResult class called affectedrecords or something like that so you can generic react to the result of your database transaction and maybe return a 404 if nothing was updated, deleted or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have the drivers tell us the cost of network connectivity within a query

Have the drivers tell us 1. total query execution time. 2. how much of total query execution time was network connectivity/latency and 3. how much time was the query on the cluster.

This would then tell the developers the cost of network connectivity because right now there is no easy way to measure network connectivity impact to the overall execution time of the query.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make The client model serializable

I am working on a mongodb connector for the Apache Flink project - https://flink.apache.org/

Internally, Flink is using java serialization to save the records it is working on in a state which in turn used to recover from failures etc, as well as for passing records between different tasks in the pipeline.
    I have noticed the mongodb client model classes are not Serializable for instance, classes such as WriteModel https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-java-driver/blob/master/driver-core/src/main/com/mongodb/client/model/WriteModel.java and its subclasses or the different Options like ReplaceOptions https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-java-driver/blob/master/driver-core/src/main/com/mongodb/client/model/ReplaceOptions.java

is there a reason for these classes to not be declared Serializable? Is there a way to contribute to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple collection ACID transactions

Currently we can update multiple documents with one query if all documents belong to the same collection as shown below;

dB.collection.bulkWrite([ query1, query2, query3, query4 ])

This feature is wonderful but it is paramount if mongodb can enable us to use this query or something similar to update multiple documents from different collections with the one query instead of having to send and await each query one at a time as is currently the case.

The truth is, mongodb only needs to enable this feature of being able to update multiple documents with one query from different collections and then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Unspecified  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Serve API endpoint for MongoDB Compatibility Matrix

This is a feature request for website API calls/endpoints to retrieve the MongoDB Compatibility matrix for each driver language. For example, NodeJS is located here in HTML format https://docs.mongodb.com/drivers/node/current/compatibility/

It would be helpful to have a programmatic endpoint for the same compat table results. This will help log parsers and aggregators to quickly identify applications and clients that are connecting to deployments with untested or incompatible client drivers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SnakeCaseElementNameConvention

Please add support for snake case convention. Snake Case is super popular with API designs.

https://mongodb.github.io/mongo-csharp-driver/2.13/reference/bson/mapping/conventions/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support "default" keyword in MongoDB's implementation of JSON Schema

Without defaults, there is a need to iterate though each property just to check if a default value is needed (most probably this can be easily done on type check). Also without defaults we need to remember checking it both in inserts and updates (for example with $push operator)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add some casting addon or function based on MongoDB's implementation of JSON Schema

Without casting addons, there is a need to iterate though each property just to check if this value needs some casting (most probably this can be easily done on type check). I´m having special troubles with Date type, as most of the time this type is send as an ISO string, but saved in the DB as a DATE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide a direct download for current versions of driver files/dependencies on the official MongoDB sites

Note: This post was inspired by my attempts to find a direct download for the MongoDB Java driver, but I've left the category as "Unspecified" because it could apply to any driver download for which the official sites say to "Just use Maven/etc"

Right now the documentation for the MongoDB Java driver (https://mongodb.github.io/mongo-java-driver/4.2/driver/getting-started/installation/) indicates that "The recommended way to get started using one of the drivers in your project is with a dependency management system." However, as far as I could tell from my own research, the official MongoDB sites have no official direct download link for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Nearest read preference should take account of database load

I understand it only take account of network latency however this node can have high load and would give a poor response. Instead, I wished the driver would contact the more distant network latency node that has less CPU/memory load.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. URI validation

I was building the URI in a spring configuration file as
    spring.data.mongodb.uri=${MONGODB_URI}/test?retryWrites=true&w=majority

where MONGODB_URI came from a kubernetes secret (as it contains user & password)

somehow a new-line had slipped into the kubernetes secret, so the query was effectively asking for "fpos-dev-pl-1.kqybg.mongodb.net\n"

Besides learning how to correctly configure secrets, I learned in the process that neither Spring nor mongo was validating that spring.data.mongodb.uri was a well-formed URI and the application failed to start with error messages relating to not finding DNS and not being able to resolve the TXT record. This was very confusing.

The driver should accept a URI…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?