Skip to content

Drivers

6 results found

1. Support for MongoDB Package in Edge Computing Environments

The increasing adoption of edge computing and serverless architectures necessitates compatible database solutions. The MongoDB Node.js package currently faces compatibility challenges in edge environments, such as Vercel Edge Functions, due to its reliance on certain Node.js APIs and JavaScript features unsupported in edge runtimes.

Discussions on platforms like Stack Overflow and GitHub highlight the need for a MongoDB solution tailored for edge computing. Although the MongoDB Data API offers a potential workaround, it lacks the full functionality and efficiency of the native MongoDB driver when used in edge contexts.

I propose the development of an edge-optimized MongoDB package or library…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Node.js  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Support getting connection provider when connecting with aws authentication

It would be helpful if the connect function would support getting one of "@aws-sdk/credential-providers", in case of AWS authentication.
    see:
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSJavaScriptSDK/v3/latest/modules/_aws_sdk_credential_providers.html#fromNodeProviderChain

Reason:
    mongo db driver for node js, checks the credentials in specific order, and gives precedence to env. There is no way to override it.
    This causes a problem when running from EKS cluster, and using web identity token file.
    When my pod needs to access also other AWS resources like S3, and I expose AWS environment variables (like AWSACCESSKEYID, AWSSECRETACCESSKEY), the MongoDB driver takes into account the credentials before the web identity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support "default" keyword in MongoDB's implementation of JSON Schema

Without defaults, there is a need to iterate though each property just to check if a default value is needed (most probably this can be easily done on type check). Also without defaults we need to remember checking it both in inserts and updates (for example with $push operator)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add some casting addon or function based on MongoDB's implementation of JSON Schema

Without casting addons, there is a need to iterate though each property just to check if this value needs some casting (most probably this can be easily done on type check). I´m having special troubles with Date type, as most of the time this type is send as an ISO string, but saved in the DB as a DATE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add deno driver

(i was forced to select a category so i choose nodejs)

Deno is coming https://deno.land/

From the creator of nodejs. Better than nodejs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Node.js  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A tool to test the connection that can fix resolution issues in server selection

This is probably not Node Specific a general problem with connecting via a seed list.

ServerSelection via seed list is a great concept. It works poorly. I have attached an hour of starting a working webserver app and 30 times starting it in a little over an hour. It failed to connect over 40 % of the time. A larger amount of successful connections were made over 35 seconds which means they would fail in a hosting environment like Heroku. Only 10% of the time did it connect in < 6 seconds. Your support team is avoiding using seed lists…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Drivers