Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Support tags on Mongo projects

I support multiple orgs and projects falling under my enterprise. I'd like the ability to tag projects using a key value pair - similar to GCP, Azure, AWS. Tags will help us organise and understand what's running in our projects.

Basic functionality that operates on tags will be helpful like filtering projects and enhanced billing that can group costs based on a tag would be beneficial.

Right now, we need to add cost metadata to the project name, which is the only place where we can do so.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I'm happy to share that this capability is now available in Atlas. You can use the Admin API or Atlas UI to add tags to new or existing projects. This functionality will be extended to Terraform and the Atlas CLI in the near future.

http://www.mongodb.com/blog/post/enhanced-atlas-functionality-introducing-resource-tagging-for-projects 

2. Tag/label project

Give the ability to tag/label a project

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to add tags to Atlas Project Clusters

Tagging resources is not a new idea and it is widely used across cloud/service providers, that allow the operators to use tags to better identify deployed business resources.
    Today, this is not available, making it harder to create processes that allow operators to identify deployed resources, in particular deployed clusters. Leading operators to use the cluster name or project name to build strict hierarchies, to distinguish, as an example, which projects or clusters are development or production by providing a prefix or suffix. This approach is brittle, since you cannot change the name of a cluster (or want to) needing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Having tag/label in the Atlas UI

Hello,

The ATLAS portal used to view our organizations, projects, deployments, etc... does not offer a tag/label functionality at the visual interface level.

This is problematic because when managing multiple organizations, projects, and deployments. We need to be able to put metadata on these objects/components (organization, project, deployment, user, custom group, API Key, Network address) in order to properly manage our inventory.

In Azure, this notion of "tag" is very useful and can be used on all types of components (See attached image which presents tags that we have on an Azure component used for encryption at rest).

We would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base