Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

55 results found

1. Expose auto cluster scaling options via Terraform

We would like the ability to configure an auto scaling cluster via Terraform. Currently we need to modify our cluster after its creation via terraform to setup auto scaling parameters.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thank you to everyone who provided input here and directly. We are about to release the provider, v0.6.0, which exposes the autoscale attributes for clusters and includes a recommendation to use a lifecycle block to prevent Terraform and Atlas from conflicting (this will be included in the clusters documentation that will come out w/ the release). Please continue to provide suggestions here or reach out directly to melissa.plunkett@mongodb.com. Thank you!

2. LDAP configuration using Terraform

We would like to be able to use Terraform to configure LDAP authentication/authorization on projects.

The functionality is available via the API:
    https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/ldaps-configuration/

However, go-client-mongodb-atlas does not have these endpoints implemented, so that would need to be done before this functionality is included in the provider.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Terraform integration to manage project's API keys

Hello team,

we're still missing the capability to create project's API keys via terraform and have to deal with some python scripts to automatically provision new keys in dynamic way(when new projects come up).

I know this question has been already asked and your idea is to use Vault, but probably it's not good idea to install this heavy tool for the single application...and we can't use Vault in dynamic way because it doesn't contain 'MongodbAtlas Secret Engine' available via terraform provider.

Please consider to add possibility of creation API keys via terraform and let us decide whether it's security…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Possibility to change 'frequency_type' of snapshot backup policy item via Terraform

Hi,

I’m facing an issue about Snapshot Backup Policy creation/modification via Terraform ( FYI, I open a case to the support of MongoDB  https://support.mongodb.com/case/00668262). Let me explain :

When I want to create a MongoAtlas Cluster via terraform, I want to apply a custom Snahsphot Backup Policy with ONLY 2 items during the creation of the cluster :
    N° Item Frequency type Frequency Retention
    0 Daily 1 7 Days
    1 Weekly 1 (Saturday) 4 weeks

However, during the creation of the mongo atlas cluster, I can see an error
    Error: Error applying plan:

1 error occurred:
    * module.cluster…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Cloud Backup policy has been completely reworked as of provider version 1.0.0, with a few more fixes in 1.0.1 (coming shortly). This should address the pain points that have been raised here and elsewhere.

5. Allow Atlas clusters to be paused using terraform

The ability to pause Atlas clusters through terraform would help with being able to pause our non-prod environments when not in use. Currently this has to be managed directly with the Atlas API

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow creation of Atlas organizations in Terraform

there are really 3 steps for our dev teams to get moving in Atlas:
    1. create an org
    2. create a project
    3. create a cluster
    the first one is the only one that still has to be done from a console. if we had a terraform script to create an org in our account, we could trigger creation after approval in ServiceNow

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Third party integration resource with terraform

Add a terraform resource for third party integrations (such as PagerDuty) to allow it to be set up.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add option to create project without alerts

Currently a project is created with a set of default alerts. We need to customize these but we can only add new alerts via terraform. It would be helpful if there was a boolean flag in the mongodbatlas_project resource to disable default alert creation

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Terraform feature request: Cluster Termination Protection

Termination Protection has been added. Would be great to add support for it in the terraform provider, so clusters can be provisioned and configured entirely via terraform.

Without this support, we need to perform some configuration manually in the UI.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow creating alerts via terraform

Allow creating alerts via terraform

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

Ability to create/update triggers using terraform

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow adding a Team to a Project via Terraform

I can create a Project in Terraform, but I cannot add a Team to it afterwards.

I am an Organization Member, so I cannot see Projects that I do not have explicit access to. This means that for any Project I create via Terraform, I need to ask someone with more permissions to add my Team to the Project.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add autoExport snapshot to AWS S3 Bucket on mongodbatlas_cloud_backup_schedule

By company policy, we have to export our snapshots automatically to an AWS S3 Bucket.

I started following https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/backup/cloud-backup/export/ and implemented on terraform due to the high number of projects, and clusters that we need to backup.

However, looks like the terraform provider doesn't support "autoExportEnabled" from https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/reference/api/cloud-backup/schedule/modify-one-schedule/ on https://registry.terraform.io/providers/mongodb/mongodbatlas/latest/docs/resources/cloud_backup_schedule terraform resource.

Best regards,
    Wagner Sartori Junior

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add resource to allow attachment of roles to mongodbatlas_cloud_provider_access

The need to do two applies to completely configure the mongodbatlas_cloud_provider_access resource should have never seen the light of day. I would like to see an additional resource that could attach a role to a mongodbatlas_cloud_provider_access after it has been created. Then you could use the attributes in the mongodbatlas_cloud_provider_access resource to create the role, then attach the role to it using the access_role_attachment resource.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Terraform Serverless VPC Endpoint configuration

Create the equivalent of mongodbatlasprivatelinkendpoint but for serverless.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Prometheus as a Supported Third-Party Integration Settings type

Great work releasing the new Prometheus Integration functionality!

Ideally, we'd like to use Terraform to codify our interface with the Prometheus Integration, similar to how we leverage the existing Third-Party Integration Settings types.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support multi-cloud

Support multi-cloud as available in the Atlas UI

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow editing default project alerts via terraform

For instance, the default Query Targeting alert is set at a 1000:1 ratio. I would like to have the default alert set to 5000:1 for a project via terraform.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. write concern terraform

Allow configuring "defaultWriteConcern" using the terraform plugin.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a resource to configure the backup policy for Cloud Provider Snapshots

Please add support to change the backup policy for Cloud Provider Snapshots.

This is the API I am referring to:
    https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/cloud-provider-snapshot-schedule-modify-one/

Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base