Skip to content

Connectors (BI, Kafka, Spark)

23 results found

1. Allow per-field length declaration for varchar and char types in BI Connector

Usually in defining schemas for SQL databases, you can specify a max length for the size of a char or varchar column. It'd be nice to have the ability to do that in a schema that's passed to the mongosqld BI Connector process.

The only option now is to specify a max varchar size that applies to all varchar fields. It'd be nice to be able to define this on a per field basis.

This is an issue for a customer I'm working with because of the way their BI tool allocates memory for temporary objects created when bridging the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Atlas BI Connector Connection Timeout options

Default connection timeouts using the BI Connector in mongo atlas are limited to 30 seconds. Which can be limiting when running longer queries. By exposing the maxTimeMs and related connection parameters in the Atlas web interface, users could increase the timeout for longer running queries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make BI Connector for Atlas pricing clear upfront

From this page https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/bi-connection/ it appears that the BI Connector for Atlas is available if I have an M10 or larger cluster. I upgraded to an M10 cluster to get the BI connector only to discover that if I enable the BI connector, it charges me additional costs. I could not find these additional BI connector prices detailed anywhere on your website except for in my account after I upgraded to the M10 cluster. And even these pricing details are not clear:

BI Connector
    $1.47/day for sustained monthly usage
    pricing for M10
    or $3.84/day, up to $45.00/month maximum

What is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here