Ability to deploy blockstore in "backing database" type organisations/projects
New versions of Ops Manager have the ability to monitor the ApplicationDB in a organisation/project with the "backing database" server type (https://docs.opsmanager.mongodb.com/master/reference/config/ui-settings/#mongodb-usage).
It is common to co-host the blockstore/oplogstore database on the same servers as the ApplicationDB and I would like to deploy these using OpsManager automation but there is a problem because:
* you cannot deploy new clusters in projects with the "backing database" server type
* an agent is tied to a single Ops Manager project
I have two options at the moment:
1. Install a secondary agent on the servers to allow me to deploy the blockstore/oplogstore database in a different project (this is possible but, AFAIK, not technically supported)
2. Create a new project and use this to monitor the AppDB and deploy the blockstore/oplogstore database - the downside of this is that it is possible to enable backups for the backup database (which will cause all kinds of problems) and enable automation for the AppDB (which will also cause problems).
Ideally, I would like to have a project which:
1. monitors the AppDB (but doesn't allow me to enable automation for it)
2. allows me to deploy blockstore/oplogstore databases (but prevents me from enabling backups for these deployments)
Extra credit if there is a big friendly button which creates the blockstore/oplogstore and automatically configures it as a blockstore/oplogstore in the Ops Manager backup configuration.