Skip to content

Atlas App Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

91 results found

1. Passwordless authentication provider

Passwordless logins are quite commons nowadays. Firebase supports "Login with email link" (https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/email-link-auth). Would be nice to have the same in Realm.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Copy functions from one cluster to another

It would be great if you could copy a Realm Service or Function from one cluster to another. I find myself having to open two tabs and coping the function code then checking all settings are the same etc.
    We would normally dev on a "test" cluster then copy Service functions over to "prod" cluster. Or am I missing something?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add support for the collection.* metrics to the MongoDB Atlas/Datadog integration

Currently the MongoDB Atlas integration with Datadog does not support the collection.* metrics.

As we use Datadog as our monitoring and analytics tool company-wide, we cannot create the needed dashboards unless we create our own app retrieving the metrics and pushing them to Datadog. This is not ideal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Account Level Functions, Triggers and Values

Can you please add the option to mark a 'Function, 'Trigger' and 'Values' to be available beyond a Realm App?

That is, global type option for a Cluster and Account. This way we do not have to keep redundant copies. This is important for multiple Realm Apps, development & testing, etc.

Thank You!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please write explicit rules for anonymous auth users deletion or provide controls to adjust the behavior

In the documentation for anonymous auth, it says that Realm may delete anonymous users that are 90 days old https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/authentication/anonymous/

There is also a mention about 30 days of inactivity https://developer.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/persisting-anonymous-users/10247/2?u=anton_p

That's hard to rely on something so broad to make decisions in the app logic. Is it possible to clarify this behavior or provide control over this flow?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Github Authentication Provider

Right now there is Google, Facebook, and Apple as auth providers. Would like to see Github added as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. View cloud data in Realm Studio mongodb

Realm Studio is helpful to explore data from Legacy Realm Cloud. But Realm Studio mongodb does not support opening 'Realm Cloud'.
    Please consider this feature.
    Thanks so much,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Re-Add support for querying LinkingObjects with GraphQL

In RealmSwift, one can define LinkingObjects to refer to inverse M2O or M2M relationships. These are not supported by queries in MongoDB requiring to create custom resolvers. It would be very useful if these would be accessible in GraphQL.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve Realm Web RBAC Granularity

Currently, You need to be a "Project Owner" to view GraphQL configurations in Realm Web. I also need "Project Owner" to execute a schema validation. I would like to see more granular access controls for Realm Web similar to the granularity of MongoDB Atlas.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for user "Presence"

At this point in time, it is not possible to determine in Realm Cloud whether a user is connected to a MongoDB Realm app and is online or not. In other words, there is no built in mechanism in Realm for figuring this out. Firebase has had this feature for years, so I think it only nature that Realm should as well. This is absolutely critical for developing something like a chat application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Complex Realm Querying (No Partitions)

So there's currently an issue with Partitions where if you have multiple complex relationships, files that need to be in multiple partitions aren't accessible.

Let's say you have a User Object and a Tribe Object.
    Each user has a list of tribes they are in, and each tribe has a list of users they are in.

If you partition for each User, and User 1 and User 2 share a tribe, the User 2 partition will be unable to access the tribe.

If you partition for Tribes, and Tribe 1 and Tribe 2 that share a User, one partition will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Built the new Stitich like Strapi

Advanced Nodejs/React/Vue/Angular Developers have tried Strapi for sure once or at least heard of it. It is a headless-cms/graphical UI for building APIs, The first thing that came into my mind when I tried Stitch + the new GraphQL feature was, Nice product but the UI Strapi gives you for creating Schemas/Data is something MongoDB needs in thair Stitch App to take off since nobody does this currently.

So my suggestion for Stitch is to have a Strapi like UI so we don't need to write Schemas manually, I'm sure this product will take off since everyone I talked to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send tags to Datadog Integration

We currently use Datadog for our monitoring and alerting. Previously we were using the labels functionality to add information to our clusters in Datadog. With the recent deprecation of labels, we're looking for this same functionality with tags

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One-way comparison of secret values

Can we have a method that compares a value in a function against a stored secret value. The method should just return true or false to indicate whether the values matched.

If we had this there would be no need to expose a secret through a value.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow setting up private connection between Atlas App Services and AWS Elastic Beanstalk

I would like to set up a private connection between my Atlas App Services app and my AWS Elastic Beanstalk instance. Basically I want my Elastic Beanstalk instance to only accept requests that are coming from one of my App Services functions. I don't want it to accept requests from anywhere else on the internet.

I know there is a way to set up private peering between an Atlas Cluster's VPC and an AWS VPC (which I could put my Elastic Beanstalk instance inside of), but there is not currently any peering functionality for Atlas App Services.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. genuine environments separation

There should be a way to truly enable running an app in development mode while still running the production mode.

Currently Atlas App Services only enables a single state of the app
    ("no environment" / "testing" / "development" / "QA" / "production").
    If an app is currently running in production and there is a need to test new changes on the web, i.e. API requests, the app needs to return to "development" state.
    But what if the production state cannot be changed since the app serves using clients?!?!
    There is no why to bypass this except for duplicating the entire…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Use views (not materialized) as source for realm sync (potentially as read only)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow community submissions to documentation

Let's face it, the Realm documentation as a whole is really lacking in comparison to the level of documentation of Atlas and other enterprise-level products. There have even been times I've had to search the old stitch documentation to understand how something works, and many other times I'm left experimenting or abandon a feature completely (for example, I gave up on Environments).

Other places have had success putting documentation on GitHub and allowing community submissions via pull requests.

Please allow the same -- I would happily contribute rather than needing to maintain my own notes (for me and my team)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase max 100 item limit from Realm Logs API

Currently the API has a hard limit of returning 100 results. For any sort of real diagnostics with the logs, this is pretty much worthless -- with a large quantity of transactions, the only thing I can think of to do would be to write a script to loop through time intervals and aggregate them on my side.

As a real-world scenario, I was trying to identify the full scope of impact of a bug that went out and was not caught for a couple days and ran into the limit. It was also difficult to even identify exactly when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Expose default confirmFn for use within custom confirmFn

In my application I have implemented a custom confirm function which blocks registrations unless they have an email address in my company's domain. When this is the case, I would like to send the signup email as usual. However there isn't a way of doing this so in order to implement this basic filter I have to setup a 3rd party email service.

It would be good to allow calling the default confirmFn from within the custom one

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base