Atlas App Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allowed Request Origins should support URLs with wildcard characters

The Allowed Request Origins list in the App Settings, at this time, doesn't support URLs with wildcard characters. As modern services like Vercel generate dynamically new URLs during development, the list needs to be updated every time with the current URL, while having an option available that would accept "https://*-myappname.vercel.app/" would simplify that step.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App Services General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. View cloud data in Realm Studio mongodb

Realm Studio is helpful to explore data from Legacy Realm Cloud. But Realm Studio mongodb does not support opening 'Realm Cloud'.
    Please consider this feature.
    Thanks so much,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase RealmReturn Body Max Size

The maximum return body size of a realm webhook is 4MiB (4194304 bytes). That might seem enough for most applications but when dealing with massive amounts of data, e.g. timeseries data over years, that is a hard limitation.
    It requires the client to make many more requests that would be necessary.

In our special case we want to return one whole year worth of data per request to make things easier for our clients (currently they can get 3 months).

Given a 16MB Limit on a MongoDB Collection Document, this would seem like a sensable option for a limit if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App Services General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Passwordless authentication provider

Passwordless logins are quite commons nowadays. Firebase supports "Login with email link" (https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/email-link-auth). Would be nice to have the same in Realm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App Services General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Re-Add support for querying LinkingObjects with GraphQL

In RealmSwift, one can define LinkingObjects to refer to inverse M2O or M2M relationships. These are not supported by queries in MongoDB requiring to create custom resolvers. It would be very useful if these would be accessible in GraphQL.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve Realm Web RBAC Granularity

Currently, You need to be a "Project Owner" to view GraphQL configurations in Realm Web. I also need "Project Owner" to execute a schema validation. I would like to see more granular access controls for Realm Web similar to the granularity of MongoDB Atlas.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Complex Realm Querying (No Partitions)

So there's currently an issue with Partitions where if you have multiple complex relationships, files that need to be in multiple partitions aren't accessible.

Let's say you have a User Object and a Tribe Object.
    Each user has a list of tribes they are in, and each tribe has a list of users they are in.

If you partition for each User, and User 1 and User 2 share a tribe, the User 2 partition will be unable to access the tribe.

If you partition for Tribes, and Tribe 1 and Tribe 2 that share a User, one partition will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Built the new Stitich like Strapi

Advanced Nodejs/React/Vue/Angular Developers have tried Strapi for sure once or at least heard of it. It is a headless-cms/graphical UI for building APIs, The first thing that came into my mind when I tried Stitch + the new GraphQL feature was, Nice product but the UI Strapi gives you for creating Schemas/Data is something MongoDB needs in thair Stitch App to take off since nobody does this currently.

So my suggestion for Stitch is to have a Strapi like UI so we don't need to write Schemas manually, I'm sure this product will take off since everyone I talked to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Use views (not materialized) as source for realm sync (potentially as read only)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow community submissions to documentation

Let's face it, the Realm documentation as a whole is really lacking in comparison to the level of documentation of Atlas and other enterprise-level products. There have even been times I've had to search the old stitch documentation to understand how something works, and many other times I'm left experimenting or abandon a feature completely (for example, I gave up on Environments).

Other places have had success putting documentation on GitHub and allowing community submissions via pull requests.

Please allow the same -- I would happily contribute rather than needing to maintain my own notes (for me and my team)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase max 100 item limit from Realm Logs API

Currently the API has a hard limit of returning 100 results. For any sort of real diagnostics with the logs, this is pretty much worthless -- with a large quantity of transactions, the only thing I can think of to do would be to write a script to loop through time intervals and aggregate them on my side.

As a real-world scenario, I was trying to identify the full scope of impact of a bug that went out and was not caught for a couple days and ran into the limit. It was also difficult to even identify exactly when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ObjectId

We need a way for ids to not have to be unwrapped from $oid before they are assigned as an ObjectId.

Incoming data:

{"_id":{"$oid":"..."}}

Realm class:

class Item: Object {
    @objc dynamic var _id = ObjectId.generate()
    }

That's all that should be needed.

So the default ObjectId class needs:

enum CodingKeys: String, CodingKey {
    case oid = "$oid"
    }

then in init(from decoder:Decoder)

let container = try decoder.container(keyedBy: CodingKeys.self)
    try super.init(string: try container.decode(String.self, forKey: .oid))

Do that when the .singleValueContainer() call fails.
    That way both use cases are satisfied.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email/Password Auth password requirement options

Email/Password Auth currently only validates passwords to be from 6 to 20 character long.
    We need more requirement options, such as:

Minimum length, which must be at least 6 characters but fewer than 99 characters. User chooses the min and max option.
    Require numbers
    Require a special character from this set:
    ^ $ * . [ ] { } ( ) ? " ! @ # % & / \ , > < ' : ; | _ ~ `
    The plus "+" and minus "-" sign do not meet special character requirements.
    Require uppercase letters
    Require lowercase letters

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow hosting of frameworks like NextJS or Gatsby

Currently the hosting only supports static sites. Would be great if it allowed for hosting apps built with frameworks like NextJS or Gatsby.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copy functions from one cluster to another

It would be great if you could copy a Realm Service or Function from one cluster to another. I find myself having to open two tabs and coping the function code then checking all settings are the same etc.
    We would normally dev on a "test" cluster then copy Service functions over to "prod" cluster. Or am I missing something?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Account Level Functions, Triggers and Values

Can you please add the option to mark a 'Function, 'Trigger' and 'Values' to be available beyond a Realm App?

That is, global type option for a Cluster and Account. This way we do not have to keep redundant copies. This is important for multiple Realm Apps, development & testing, etc.

Thank You!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow using Relationships in Rule Expressions

When setting up the rules for a collection, sometimes I want to configure a role so that it can only perform a given action if a related document in a different collection has a field with a certain value. To do this now, it requires creating a Realm Function that queries that other collection for the related document, then returning the document, and finally having the the rule expression call that function and evaluate the document's fields.

While this does work, I think this could be made even easier by extending Relationships to be used in Rule Expressions. Currently, Relationships…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Configure Change Streams to publish via Web Sockets

It would be great of configuring a change stream (with certain filter and projection etc) to publish messages via a standard web socket as part of realm BaaS

put simply auto implementing backend server as detailed in

https://www.mongodb.com/developer/how-to/subscribing-changes-browser-websockets/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. FTP Access to Realm Hosting

Uploading web apps into the hosting directory can be time consuming using only the ATLAS UI - specifically because the UI/UX does not support uploading entire folders. This means you have to re-create the folder structure, and upload specific files into specific folders rather than just uploading a single folder with all folders/subfolders.

This problem could be easily solved by providing FTP access to the "hosting" section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base