Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow for renaming and moving of collections and databases on server

Right now it is difficult to rename and move databases and collections without downloading and re-uploading them.

Please enable this critical functionality as it's very common to need this when administering data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accept-Range for backup download

The backup archives can be very large, and if my download is interrupted, without Accept-Range, it is not resumable. A length header is also missing, so the downloader doesn't know the size of the archive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow customers on Atlas to use Redseal to collect VNET/NSG configuration information

We use a tool named Redseal (https://www.redseal.net/) to collect and report on network devices and boundaries. Redseal supports an Azure "plug-in" that calls the Azure portal and retrieves security-relevant VNET and NSG information. The plug-in's configuration requirements are attached (see page 2), along with our proposed use of them (page 3).

We already use Redseal to gather information for vnets spread across several subscriptions in our Azure tenant, including one managed in our address space by a third party. We'd like to extend this ability into our area of the Atlas tenant.

The value to us is that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Profiles for Autoscale heuristics

Case #00731969

Is it possible to tweak the scale up settings so that my clusters scale up faster than they do today?

I think it is best to analyze my clusters and figure out how long they are staying above 70% and then average it out, and if equal to or greater than that average, I would like my clusters to scale up.

Once scaled up, I want it to remain scaled up for the next ~2 hours at least and only scale down if usage gets really small enough for it to justify scale down.

Right now, the auto…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Setup activity feed retention

It could be very interresting to be able to setup the retention of the events by organisation, projets and clusters. Actually I understand that this value is 30 days. So it to short for us, so we need to download the activities logs and it difficult to seach in files after that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filter users list by organization role

The Users view in the Access Manager really needs a way to either sort or filter by role, so I can see a single screen with just the users who are Owners, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Cursor Not Found Errors (telemetry)

We have a lot of cursor not found errors and currently there isn't an easy way to locate them at the Atlas integrated monitoring.
    It would be nice to have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. connect with slack

Whenever the database is about to scale, give an alert via slack to the team.It will be instant and currently, alerts are over email if you could provide it over slack the tech team responsible for particular will be notified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Autoscaling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Google chat integration with Alerts

Integration Alerts with google chat like done with SLack

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to connect with Atlas in a standalone (non clustered) mode.

Getting onto Mongo and learning it the first step in getting to use it for projects and in production.

I am finding that there are many roadblocks to installing and connecting to Mongo.

Getting a standalone mode would make it super intuitive to connect with it and begin using it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Atlas CloudFormation Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to customize the name of the invite sender in emails when inviting users via API

When inviting new Atlas Users to organizations via the API, the invite email says that the invite was sent by the API public key that performed the API call. This makes the invitation emails read like this:

"You have been invited by tfqzvwrs to join the Example - Atlas organization on MongoDB Atlas."

The ability to customize this (e.g. using an additional field in the request body) would be ideal since the random string being shown as the sender of the invite could make the email look suspect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show shard node name in alerts

When receiving tens of emails regarding a dangerous condition on a node it would be helpful to know which node instead of having to click in the email to get to the portal to know if the issue affects our primary node or a secondary node.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. major version downgrade request (4.0 to 3.6)

Right now I am running the MongoDB cluster on 3.6. Now I want to upgrade this cluster to 4.0. But when I want again to revert back to 3.6 I have no option to downgrade.

Use case :

Right now our production is running on 3.6, when we upgrade this to 4.0 and if we face any major issues on prod, then we have no option to get back to old version 3.6.

Without this option we cannot move our production to 4.0.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an option to block access for certain username and source IP

We would like to provide users an access to database from our VPN to browse the data with some database tools - this access should be read only. As for now if somebody connected via VPN and uses production credentials he will be able to write to the database. To be able to configure it I think Atlas should provide a IP whitelist/blacklist during the user creation becaouse global Access Lists are not enough.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Authentification on Azure (IAM)

Hello,

We absolutely need a more modern authentication method than using LDAPS to authenticate users against the MongoDB databases that we deploy with Atlas. When will we see a modern authentication service at this level? Ideally, we want cloud functionality equivalent to AWS IAM but on Azure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CronJob Live migration to second cluster in second project

It would be great to have a feature that schedule live migration from a replica set of a PROD cluster to a DEV cluster directly in ATLAS.

The plus of this solution are :
    - I dont need a dedicated server to do this job on my side (deploy it, configure it, script it, open network/port, etc ..)
    - I will not have to dump the whole databases from the cloud then uploading it afterwards (can be long)
    - Gain from outbound price in the cloud (more for you this one)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Billing Estimator

The ability to estimate monthly price not just at the cluster, but also by editable storage, data transfer, cloud backup with sliders to change the values.

Estimated forecast based upon last 3 months of usage/growth would be great too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Merge All Of the MongoDB services Into 1

I have multiple feedbacks/ideas:

1) There is MongoDB Atlas, Realm, & Stitch. Why don't you merge all of it into one - MongoDB Atlas.

2) Instead of creating Organizations -> Project -> Clusters, you can just create Organizations -> Clusters without the Project.

There are a lot of platforms, which is very confusing for all of the developers to use. Instead, there can be only one platform in which, they can perform everything with simple integration of the programming languages.

You could simplify your docs as well and like I said, have only one type of integration with all of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to invalidate or revoke a X.509 certificate that was not expired.

Currently, X.509 certificates can be issued for authentication and authorization. However, it is not possible to invalidate an already issued certificate. In a situation where the certificate would be compromised, it is therefore not possible to invalidate it and re-issue a new one. The only way is to delete the user associated with the certificate and create a new user account (New CN).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to search for a cluster

As an enterprise we have many projects with many clusters in each project. Our naming convention isn't always standard so it would be helpful to be able to search for a cluster based on part of the cluster name and have the search result tell me in which project the cluster exists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base