Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project Homepage / Ability to add descriptions to Atlas projects

We have a lot of Atlas projects in our org, some are outdated, unused, orphaned, some important and used for production. It would be great to have a way to describe what each of them are for, who to contact for questions, etc.

For example, when you switch to a project, you land on the project homepage that has the description right there, alongside an overview of how many clusters, users, last change, if whitelists are enabled etc. Even better if I can use Markdown or some other "rich" editing experience to create the description and add links, bullet points,…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Option to Disable Federated Authentication Automatic Account Creation

Based on the documentation it appears there is no option available to disable automatic account creation when Federated Authentication is used.

The business case for disabling automatic account creation is to allow a limited set of users from the Identity Provider to have access to Atlas and the databases, while not allowing anyone with an account in the same domain to create an Atlas/Database account.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time Sensitive Alerts

I would like the ability to (optionally) set a time window for any alert. IE Alert me if average write latency rises above 500 msec from 8am to 8pm. If outside those times don't alert me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add more details on backup policy changes in Atlas activity feed

In Atlas when you search for "Cloud provider snapshot schedule updated for cluster" in the project's Activity page, it doesn't provide any details on schedule policy changes information, the customer have to call the snapshot schedule API to get the policy schedule change information. However, the API call output still doesn't have any history change information for audit purpose.

Please consider add that information to the Atlas activity feed page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to Peer with VPC's that doesn't follow Private Networks Ranges

Allow to Peer with VPC's that doesn't follow Private Networks Ranges

Currently I have one infrastructure based on a VPC with the CIDR range of 30.0.0.0/16, and I'm unable to make it safe with VPC peering because of the restrictions on this.

https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/security-vpc-peering/

I thinl that allowing to peer with any AWS VPC's that do not overlap would be nice, as it is difficult to change the VPC when you have a running infrastructure, just to integrate safely with MongoDB Atlas

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More granular results in Activity Feed

I can't see all the data I want today

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support TLS1.3 in Atlas Control Plane and Clusters

Add TLS1.3 as an option for encryption-in-motion.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Missing time zone name

I was trying to Select my country's timezone but I could not find it. Namibia's timezone is Africa/Windhoek +2 GMT or otherwise Central Africa Time +2 GMT after it abolished the Daylight savings time in 2017. However, none of the options are available for timezone selection when setting cloud preferences.

Please note I can not use another country's timezone even if they are similar.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Metrics "seconds" improvement

The uppercase "S" on the metrics which indicates seconds, can be slightly misleading as it can appear to be the number 5 when placed next to another number. This is especially misleading on the Replication Lag metric. It may be easer to read as a lowercase "s" or abbreviating with "sec".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expose OAuth2 for Slack integration to API

I think to have the third party integrations as Terraform resources would be ideal, but currently the Slack integrations supports OAuth2 via UI and not via API. It would be good to be able to configure this through the API, so that this can be automated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Define Default Backup Policy

The ability to save a custom backup policy as the default, so all new clusters don't have to be customized to meet the backup policy requirements.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow to configure `maxTimeMS` for commands executed from Data Explorer

What is the problem that needs to be solved? Allow to configure maxTimeMS for commands executed from Data Explorer.

Why is it a problem? (the pain) A) Data Explorer cannot work with [views](https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/views/index.html) in case if the view is taking >15000 ms to be load. Data Explorer cannot work with [find](https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/command/find/index.html) in case if that find operation is taking >15000 ms to be completed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to download invoices in JSON Format

You provide the ability to download invoices in PDF, Txt and CSV format.
    Would be great to download them in JSON Format

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to download backups without requiring a token with write permissions

I want to automate downloading the most recent continuous backup snapshot to a local machine nightly. The guys on your intercom help chat were pretty helpful in pointing me at delivery.url here:

https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/reference/api/restore-jobs-create-one/

But I was surprised that in order to download a backup, I need to use a token with write permission. It would be great for security reasons if the machine I use to download backups could do so without needing to have a write token.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would love to have a little bit more info in the webhook to know what caused the election, or that there was an upgrade (vs a server failure

Would love to have a little bit more info in the webhook to know what caused the election, or that there was an upgrade (vs a server failure) in the db!

MongoDB AtlasAPP 12:10 PM
    Project: myProject

Organization: myProject (Organization)
    INFORMATIONAL
    Replica set elected a new primary
    my-cluser-shard-0
    Created: 2020/01/03 11:10 PST
    Replica Set: my-cluser-shard-0
    Current Member State
    DOWN: 1 member
    SECONDARY: 1 member

PRIMARY: 1 member
    love the service team, thanks a ton!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More useful query error

When you enter a query, if there is any kind of syntax error, you get dumped to a page where your only option is to return to clusters. Then you need to renavigate to your db and collection to attempt a new query.

This is really frustrating as instead of just being able to go back and correct your mistake, you must start writing the query again from scratch.

Why not put users back where they were and restore the query they were attempting so it can be easily fixed? Or better yet, check the query before you try to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'm looking for a database to replace the Lotus Approach which I have been using since 1995. It works well for my subscription list. I

I don't understand your site at all! But I would really like to move my data away from Approach as it is limiting. Windows XP is the best Os, it doesn't connect with the internet. But it has Forms which are brilliant.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update your API to support GraphQL

The current REST API requires many queries to get all of the information needed for a simple thing. For example, if I want to pull logs for a cluster called My-Cluster in a project called My-Project, I need to....

• GET the list of projects from the organization

• Parse the result to locate the Project ID for My-Project

• GET the list of clusters in My-Project

• Parse the result to locate the cluster nodes that I need to grab logs for

• For each node in the cluster:

• GET the log(s) for that node

At least the first four steps described here could…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Atlas Service Broker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve the Interface for backup menu

Backup options display in different places for M5 and M40 instances. I think this is misleading and not consistent. Also, the form for backup restoring for M5 instances may easily lead to a catastrophe. That's because even when you explicitly enter a specific cluster, you can still select another cluster to restore to. Here is a video that I've recorded to explain my point of view:
    https://www.loom.com/share/4d747b225c964af9809e0c8813a9b081

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a page that describes different commands necessary to mongodump a local database and transfer that to atlas. Describe only that

Have a page that describes different commands necessary to mongodump a local database and transfer that to atlas. Don't include descriptions of all the options for whatever commands are necessary to do that, only write what is precisely necessary to do that. Include an example like the following:

Database name: testDatabase Host address: testAddress Username: testName
    Password: testPass

mongodump --db=testDatabase

mongorestore --host testAddress --username testName --password testPass --authenticationDatabase admin --db testDatabase ./testDatabase

END OF EXAMPLE

I don't know what commands actually work to create a file that can be uploaded to an Atlas cluster because the documentation doesn't have a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base