Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

54 results found

1. Atlas UI (Data Explorer): Export feature .csv/.json option for collection integrated into (JS) MongoDB Atlas Cloud

Have an Export feature WITHIN Atlas UI (Data Explorer) where user can perform (select collection and export as .csv/.json directly from the website without using Compass/data dump) option for collection integrated into (JS) MongoDB Atlas Cloud.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More functionalities in Collection (Data Explorer) Tab in Atlas UI

Here are some suggested functionalities
    - Import and export of bulk documents.
    - Quickly filter and sort the required documents. (This is achievable in Compass but not in Atlas UI)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow killing operations in the RTPP without having to enable the Data Explorer

Please prioritise the decoupling of the ability to kill operations in the Real Time Performance Panel from the Data Explorer.

Currently we disable the Data Explorer on our production projects so that our developers can view the Profiler and the Metrics, without being able to query the actual data. But disabling the Data Explorer prevents us from killing operations in the Real Time Performance Panel. While reenabling the Data Explorer is an easy task, it's very easy to forget the one needs to do this in order to be able to kill operations as they do not seem related in…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a Collections tab, aka Data Explorer, user I want to view, search for, create and update UUID and GUID field values

The BSON spec includes support for UUID values, also known as GUID values.

The format of UUID values are defined in rfc4122.txt. For example,

f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6

Users would like to work with UUID/GUID values in Data Explorer as a fully supported data type, including search support in the RFC layout, ability to create new document fields of type UUID, support for UUID type _id fields and the ability to edit UUID values in existing documents.

The mongo shell documentation provides this example:

UUID("3b241101-e2bb-4255-8caf-4136c566a962")

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be useful to be able to view a collection schema similar to how you can in Compass

It would be useful to be able to view a collection schema similar to how you can in Compass. At present we have to enable LDAP and configure Compass to remotely connect to Atlas, but this is not always feasible and it would be good to see this useful functionality from Compass translate to Atlas UI

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Connect modal button to a location accessible from any cluster tab

I often want to connect to the cluster after browsing in the Collections tab (e.g. to run some test queries via the shell).

The Connect button (available in the Overview tab) makes connecting easy, but this button is not visible in the Collections tab -- I have to click into Overview or the Clusters page to access the Connect modal button.

Can we surface a Connect button so that it is clickable from any tab in the cluster page?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sharable Atlas URL query

Add a way to share queries on Atlas UI. We could have something like:

https://cloud.mongodb.com/v2/<id>#metrics/replicaSet/<id>/explorer/<db_name>/<collection>/find?query={"email": "..."}

(URL encoded, of course)

That would open the Atlas UI in the collections tab, auto-insert and auto-run the query. This would allow non-tech users to look at data easily.

(People using the link would have to be logged in and also have the necessary permissions to access those pages, as they normally would)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. reactive table

Hi, i would like to ask for you to make the table view under collections when we choose a particular database to be reactive. when i press a header we want it to sort the rows from asc to desc or vise versa. thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save common collection filter/query

As an ex-mLab customer, I used to really enjoy having common queries on collections saved, like "find a customer", "list latest X" etc Is a dropdown with a name and the query, so when you select it you can quickly perform the search.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. undo

A Simple Undo Function.

A Bit Of Background Information

Just talked to Julia from PR. Apparently "undo" is not an available feature.

YES,

there is a backup option for higher tier customers.

But,

I am not asking for a full on log of everything. Just a simple copy of the last added or deleted document in a collection for example. In case you accidentally clicked the confirm delete button on the document, your mouse was happening to hover over, when a spider jumped down from the ceiling and landed on your mouse.
    It happens.

Besides the point.

That functionality is

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bulk multiple delete

Especially during testing, when you create masses of bogus, invalid records, would it be nice to have a better interface for batch deletion. Having selected multiple records I should be able to delete them in one go, which is not the case currently. There are multiple way to solve it UI-wise - won't dig into details.

Also, sometimes the whole collection becomes worthless, in which case a button "Clear collection" would be a handy tool.

I understand the safety concerns for collections which are in production. Maybe we could flag project/collection as development/production - in which case some features would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For creating indexes, show a list of fields, so as to easily select and add field that needs indexing.

While creating indexes using MDB atlas, there is no option to select from a list the fields that we want to add for indexing. For ease of use, this functionality must be added to Atlas GUI.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make collections scrollable

We have databases with many collections. The problem with that is that in order to select certain collection, I have to scroll the results part of the page. So I'm going up and down all the time I select another collection and make some query.

In sum, please add scroll in the collection explorer UI.

Regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compare and sync data across clusters

I would like to have the ability to compare and sync collections across different clusters. The use case would be to support data migration between different environments.

Like this feature from Studio3T
    https://studio3t.com/knowledge-base/articles/compare-mongodb-collections/?utm_source=post&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=3tslpage

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Real Time data explorer

I would like to see documents inserted into the database in a shell show up on the cloud data explorer UI in real time without refreshing the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 'Find' should offer a JSON mode

Under Atlas > Clusters > Collections I can select a Collection and use the 'Find' option to quickly seek and edit a Document. At the moment the UI display is like JSON, but has stripped out the brackets, which makes copying the data awkward.

Feature 1: The find display UI should offer a JSON mode, so the the Document, or parts of it can be copied in JSON format.

If I select the Edit option, the editing UI is 'intelligent', in that it forces JSON compliance via the various options. However, this makes pasting in new data impossible.

Feature 2:…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copy sample results from aggregation builder

If I'm exploring a database and use the aggregation builder to quickly find some data, I'd like to be able to easily extract the results. At the moment we can't even select the result output to copy-and-paste because it activates the pipeline re-ordering view. Given there are already handles to re-order the pipeline it would be much more usable to enable select and copy in the sample query output.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Expiration Date on Database Write Access

Just like the Network Access where you can allow an IP address to be used for connection to the database for a short time, I would like that same feature for Database Access write permissions. I would like to temporarily give someone permissions for X hours and after that time period, it reverts back to the original state, such as read-only access. I have to temp give someone permissions during release nights to perform operations.

Example: "This entry is temporary write access will be deleted in 6 hours and reverted back to the original real-only state."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UX Issues with Collections View in Atlas UI

UX on Collections view has some problems which are listed below;
    - It takes around 10-20 seconds to load the Collections page, specifically the left panel which lists namespaces.
    - Then without any user interaction or feedback, it takes another 10 seconds to focus on the top most available namespace to display details of it on right hand side panel
    - Then filtering namespaces with "auth" doesn't make any change in the screen and not giving any feedback neither.
    - Then inputting more letters "authen" triggers the filtering however this time it filters namespaces which had nothing to do with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export results of an aggregation query to csv file

I have created an aggregation pipeline from the aggregation tab of a collection but unable to export the results of that query to a CSV file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base