Skip to content

Atlas

Share your idea. In order to help prioritize, please include the following information

1. A brief description of what you are looking to do
  2. How you think this will help
  3. Why this matters to you

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

169 results found

1. Dump audit logs to log analytics workspace

Why can't we dump audit logs to log analytics workspace when we are using azure private endpoints to connect atlas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Investigation Buckets (dropdown menu) to enable predefined set of MongoDB & Hardware Metrics to investigate certain Data Layer SLAs

We have many metrics under "MongoDB Metrics" & "Hardware Metrics". User will have a good idea which metrics to enable while troubleshooting certain requirements.

E.g. User is investigating current lags in the data Layer. User has to select all the metrics that would help them get the data they are looking.

We can help the customer bit more by provide buckets like.
    Options ( select one )
    1. Investigate Lags
    2. Investigate IOPS
    3. Investigate Replication
    4. Investigate Search Index
    ... and etc..

This will pre-select certain metrics from list of Mongodb & Hardware metrics which will give them all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export only selected Atlas metrics

This is a request from a customer named: UPAX partnered with Grupo Salinas.
    Inside the cluster metrics, where the Status is displayed, we are able to find the Export option (PDF, PNG) and they would like to export for only specific metrics (only the toggle charts) not the whole of them for reporting purposes with other teams and management.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Duplication detection

One of our custmoers would like to see duplication detection as their project is spread out over various projects.

Value: It is important as different regions create sometimes duplicates and duplicates can be avoided in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Metrics: Fix Y axis of "max CPU %" charts to 100%

In the various CPU % usage charts in the shard metrics, it looks like the upper limit of the Y axis isn't fixed, and it changes based on what the maximum value in the range of time being displayed is. For both normalized and regular CPU% values, there's a natural maximum to the value, I think: 100% for the normalized CPU%, and ncores*100% for the non-normalized CPU%.

With a changeable Y limit, it's hard to tell at a glance whether the value is actually really high or not. Oh, the blue line is hovering up near the top of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display all function log messages

Currently we only can see under "App Services > Manage > Logs" section the output of a few log messages for each function execution, but if the function contains a large amount of logs (more than 100 for example) the interface only shows the last log entries, making difficult to debug and check for errors.

There is should be way to see all logs output of a function execution.

Forum reference: https://www.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/atlas-functions-seem-to-not-display-all-of-the-logs-when-running-in-web-ui/194108/6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display "N/A" instead of "0" for doc count in timeseries collection in Compass

In Compass 1.36.4, when I look at a database that has a time-series collection in it, in its list of collections, it displays the collection as having "Documents: 0" and "Avg. document size: 0", even when there are some documents in it.

I think that's misleading. As I understand it, time-series collections do not support the estimated document count functionality that is used to populate these fields in the Compass GUI. That being the case, it might be better to display "n/a" or a blank in those fields, instead of a 0 which is not the correct value. A user…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integrated/unique metrics vision for primary replica-set

It is really hard to understand the behaviour of primary replica-set on bigger timeframes, when it was switched some times. Would be very helpful to be able to see the metrics in a integrated chart, to understand consequences of some actions like application changes, index creations, version upgrades, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Metric Charts Aggregated by Primary Node at the Time

Providing an aggregated metrics based on the primary server. Right now in order to view history for the primary we have to compare the different charts based on failover, makes it cumbersome to view the active primary trends

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Minimum Oplog Retention Period - Set Minimum Oplog Window

The documentation states: "New in version 4.4: Starting in MongoDB 4.4, you can specify the minimum number of hours to preserve an oplog entry." https://www.mongodb.com/docs/manual/core/replica-set-oplog/#minimum-oplog-retention-period

The mongodbatlas_cluster resource in the terraform mongodbatlas provider only provides for the oplog_size_mb argument. https://registry.terraform.io/providers/mongodb/mongodbatlas/latest/docs/resources/cluster#oplog_size_mb

It would be nice to have that exposed so that terraform can update that value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Basic operational metrix support with instana and grafana

Hi MongoDB Team,

We are using grafana and instana SRE tools for application monitoring.

But MongoDB did not exposing the basic statistics like Total number of records and record insertion / updation / selection rates (over a sepcific period of time ) with grafana and instana .

Kindly note that grafana and instana are widely used as industry standard SRE tool and it will be really helpful if MongoDB team could also expose these kind of detailed statistics with grafana and instana.

I would request you to prioritize this request since lack of these reports is creating an empty space…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. prometh

Hi MongoDB Team,

We are using grafana and instana SRE tools for application monitoring.

But MongoDB did not exposing the basic statistics like Total number of records and record insertion / updation / selection rates (over a sepcific period of time ) with grafana and instana .

Kindly note that grafana and instana are widely used as industry standard SRE tool and it will be really helpful if MongoDB team could also expose these kind of detailed statistics with grafana and instana.

I would request you to prioritize this request since lack of these reports is creating an empty space…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save ATLAS monitoring selection settings

Atlas monitoring has different setinngs: Primaries, Secondaries, All

it would be good if the setting ALL (and maybe others) could be saved so I do not need to select it again.

thanks
    Rene Schwarz

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support export Prometheus metrics via remote_write

High throughput prometheus compatible database like mimir, thanos, and the likes of GCP's managed prometheus really like metrics sent to them via remotewrite https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/configuration/configuration/#remotewrite. Grafana cloud for instance doesn't allow you to configure any scrape rules. The only option is to push metrics to them.

Currently Atlas only allows you to scrape metrics, which means for a user to get these metrics into a highly available version of Prometheus you need to relay this off of an intermediary process (prometheus exporter or a standalone prometheus server that supports scraping)

I think a good addition to this capability would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cache last aggregation query for each collection

For each collection – on the aggregation tab, cache the last query which was run – keep it pre-populated in the textboxes.

It’s so easy to accidentally click away from this page and when you come back, having to start from scratch always takes a bit. Ideally I want to be able to leave this view and come back as though nothing had changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Re-run a query from the profiler tab

When using the profiler tab, if there is a $regex expression specified, it comes back in the logs as $regularExpression. Similar issues for ObjectID() vs generated $oid.

For some reason, you can’t take the query the profiler outputs and just plug it back in to mongo. You have to manipulate it.

Displaying a valid query from the profiler tab in which I could either click “Open query in aggregation viewer” and open the aggregation pane for that collection with this query pre-populated, and/ allow easy copy+pasting of a valid query elsewhere.

The first thing I've been doing with query optimization…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please remove the text-transform uppercase style on the graph axes.

I yelled out "WTF!" in the office when I saw that a steep peak in the graph indicated a query that took 8MS. Turns out it meant to say 8ms.

The M means Mega (one million). We, I assume, are all very familiar with it, and therefore I assume that I'm not the only one who automatically reads it as one million.

Note that I did not confuse the s and S. That is because the s and the S are much less visually distinct. Still it's technically incorrect too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support db.setLogLevel() in Atlas

I'm testing wire compression in the drivers, the results of which is only set to verbose log levels (see: https://github.com/mongodb/specifications/blob/master/source/compression/OP_COMPRESSED.rst).

I'm not sure how to validate wire compression is making its way to Atlas w/out this capability. The setting would revert when the server is restarted, so it shouldn't have too big an impact on our log file sizes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. External database connectivity monitoring

We had an incident where the PRIMARY node was considered healthy internally and could communicate with other nodes but lost connectivity with other external services. In these type of cases it would be great to have external connectivity monitoring that can detect whether the PRIMARY is accessible from outside of the cluster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base