Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy functions from one cluster to another

It would be great if you could copy a Realm Service or Function from one cluster to another. I find myself having to open two tabs and coping the function code then checking all settings are the same etc.
    We would normally dev on a "test" cluster then copy Service functions over to "prod" cluster. Or am I missing something?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Realm UI Ability Changes to Github Repo

Please add git integration for functions and 3rdParty HTTP services.
    Everything I make a change to a function and it is deployed, Realm tells me what the changes are but they are not pushed to my own Git repository

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide utility function to allow easier reading and usage of ObjectIds

Provide a utility that allows easier parsing of ObjectIds when they're returned to the client. As it stands, ObjectIds are returned as UInt8Arrays and cannot be readily used in the BSON.ObjectId constructor. Being able to retrieve specific items by ObjectId is necessary and the only way to do this dynamically (without knowing the hex string beforehand) is to retrieve the items and then use the returned id; however, as it stands, using the returned id is obfuscated and impractical.

I am now having to use the following workaround:

const toHexString = (bytes) =>

bytes.reduce((str, byte) => str + byte.toString(16).padStart(2, "0"),
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Next JS

I'd like to see an example integrating stitch with nextjs. I'm having some issues trying to do so...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm JS SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GridFS in Browser SDK

I could really use file upload/download in my application. I'm attempting to build a PWA in Angular and although we could write a whole other, server-side, api-based application to support file upload/download, it would really benefit the team if this was available in the Browser SDK

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatic created_at and updated_at Fields

Would be nice to have this feature as a checkbox on each collection or default for the entire database and it should be in utc or a checkbox for utc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Twitter Authentication

Currently, you only support Google and Facebook for social logins. Can Twitter also be added?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Revision History

It would be great if revision history could be kept, either on individual RealmObjects, groups of RealmObjects, or the Realm as a whole. There could be a way to specify the fidelity of the revisions (e.g. every change or every X minutes) and a way to specify a TTL (e.g. last 30 days). If the Realm is synced, the local Realm could purge its cache of revisions older than the TTL and there could be an API to retrieve these when needed. Additionally, there could a (separate) TTL for permanent deletion of revisions as to keep the Realm from growing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inheritance / Polymorphism

Support for polymorphism would be a huge plus. In particular, being able to define a class structure and then query for a base class (or interface?) to get a list of all the various concrete classes.

Related GitHub Issue: https://github.com/realm/realm-java/issues/761

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Apple Combine Integration

Just like current support for RxSwift.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Cocoa SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Vapor (Swift Backend) Support

Provide a native implementation of Realm for swift backend popular server-side Vapor.
    This will allow developers to apply the same technology Realm Swift for mobile apps and backend web application

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Cocoa SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for Unity3D

You can't talk about mobile without Unity3D these days. It makes me worried, not seeing it anywhere mentioned. Please add it to the list of future supported platforms.
    Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm .NET SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. logs

When filtering logs I should be able to enter a date/time in the near future for the To date in order to produce a shareable URL in the address bar that will include log lines in the range from some specified date in the past until "now" without having to precisely enter what "now" is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow (optional) read-only access to Realm objects after deletion

Using Realm with reactive extensions, 3rd party libraries like DynamicData, and UI binding allows one to create beautifully dynamic, responsive apps with very few lines of clean code. This works fantastically for us in all scenarios except for when an item is deleted.

As we all know, currently any attempt to access an item's properties after deletion throws an exception. This throws a huge spanner in the works for various reactive operations and UI bindings, which may (for implementation detail purposes of object equality checks, UI redraws queued in the event loop queue, or a bunch of other possibilities)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm .NET SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retry function

We use Realm functions to update related documents in our Mongo Atlas cluster. Sometimes, the DB connection (via context.services.get("mongodb-atlas")) fails. We should... be able to retry establishing a connection? (Or even easier, just configure a retry for the Realm Function itself.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. External Dependencies Should Be Per Function

10mb compressed size constraint is very limited. Plus, dependencies are not siloed per function. Either uncap the dependencies constraint or allow dependencies to be uploaded per function, still with a higher compressed size constraint (preferably at least 100mb to support large dependencies such as for image processing).

I think the thought was "functions are meant to be short running operations" but I think that is a huge assumption. Why not offer options for powerful compute that respond to database change events. Sure you may need to just update something else in the db, and that may be sufficient for some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Programmatic Support for Uploading Dependencies

Right now the Realm Administration APIs [1] only let's users list dependencies. It would be helpful to have an endpoint to upload dependencies as we have 8 env and uploading manually to all envs is painful.

[1] https://docs.mongodb.com/realm/admin/api/v3/#dependency-apis

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Developer Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add federated graph support

Unable to upload apollo federation dependency on the beta version of MongoDB Realm, it would be great if that dependency would be supported soon.

FYR: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@apollo/federation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Migrate Firebase Cloud Message from legacy HTTP to HTTP v1

I am very happy with Push Notifications using FCM but currently, FCM has been update to HTTP v1 and I saw that MongoDB Push Notification still using the HTTP. With HTTP, I can't send an image in the notification payload (https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/android/send-image), also the data payload is different when I send message directly from FCM.

I hope that MongoDB have plan to migrate Firebase Cloud Message from legacy HTTP to HTTP v1 (https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/migrate-v1)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize Reset Password Email Link

Users should be able to customize the reset password email that is sent to their users. This should include changing what the "sender" url looks like (noreply-stitch+mongodb.com => resetPassword@yourapp.com). Developers should have access to change look of the body of the email. This includes what is typed in the body, the title of the body and as well the company logo. I will upload a picture of how it currently looks and from my message understand what we want to change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base