Realm

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default value for fields

A way to set default value to a field, when this is not given in the input.

GraphQl already has this functionality..

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with your MongoDB Account
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Realm GraphQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Count Query with the existing QueryInput Filter

I think this would be easy to implement, maybe its just to add a count to the pipeline.

The idea is to have a Count query for each generated type from collection in schema.

The output would be a Int.
    The input the QueryInput used already for findManys queries

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Subscription Payments for charging Customers/Users in MongoDB Realm Cloud

MongoDB Realm is perfect for SaaS products but the hard part is always implementing recurring billing for customers, we would need to write and implement a system like this ourself and maintain it which costs time and money or use third party services like Chargebee or Recurly. Firebase already has a nice extension market where you can install the Stripe extension and you are ready to go and charge your Customers monthly, I would like to see the same in MongoDB Realm with Stripe & PayPal & maybe more, best would be as an official product of the MongoDB product…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Intercepter or Middleware with GraphQL Apis

Add a middleware or interceptor along with default graphql apis. So we can do some custom validation before start querying database.
    Scenario: If I want a user to restrict number of reads per collection, the best approach is go with custom resolver. But if there is a default pre-hook and post-hook , It would be great

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Email/Password Auth password requirement options

Email/Password Auth currently only validates passwords to be from 6 to 20 character long.
    We need more requirement options, such as:

Minimum length, which must be at least 6 characters but fewer than 99 characters. User chooses the min and max option.
    Require numbers
    Require a special character from this set:
    ^ $ * . [ ] { } ( ) ? " ! @ # % & / \ , > < ' : ; | _ ~ `
    The plus "+" and minus "-" sign do not meet special character requirements.
    Require uppercase letters
    Require lowercase letters

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MongoDB Realm (Cloud)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Realm Google Authentication Providers callback redirect

Hello, I am having problems with authentication via Google Authentication Providers.

The system prevents me from saving the backlink as:
    chrome-extension://feomclaleplfhikikgnedghpnhozzzhb/index.html

Throws an error: redirect URI must contain scheme of http or https
    "chrome-extension://" is the standard URI scheme.

Please add the ability to add a schema backlink for the chrome extension.

I cannot use other Google Authentication Providers because, if you build the application in the ElectronJS + Chrome-Extention configuration, ElectronJS does not support any authentication protocols. The only way out is to log in using the back link.

Regards, Alexander

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm SDKs (General)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow more Realm data source read preferences

Need to be able to specify custom read preferences (e.g. tags) for Realm data sources, as I may want to segregate the load from my Realm apps with other operational load.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Application Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for updating nested fields in GraphQL mutations

I want to do the equivalent of {$set: {"details.pm_stage": "...."}}

export const UPDATEPROJECTDETAILS = gql`

mutation UpdateProjectDetails($query: PsprojectQueryInput!, $pmStage: String!) {

updateOnePsproject(query: $query, set: {details: {pm_stage: $pmStage}}) {
    _id
    }
    }

`;

right now the whole "details" subdocument gets overridden

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Push local settings / Pull remote settings

I understand the export/import commands are currently available. But for me, they were a bit confusing because I thought "import" means like "git pull", but it turned out opposite. So instead of export/import, how about adding pull/push?

The ideal development flow for me is like:
    1) set up initial things on the web (realm.mongodb.com)
    2) locally, run realm-cli pull (Or start with init or add remote before pull)
    3) change settings locally
    4) realm-cli push

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Compare Strings and ObjectIds in JSON Expressions

We have a use-case where we need to compare an ObjectId on a document to the ObjectId of the user's custom data doc. However, because the ID of the user's custom data object is returned as a string and not as an ObjectId, there is no way to make this comparison without creating a function just to compare the ObjectId and the string. The overhead of invoking a function just to call toString on the ObjectId is going to be a major problem, especially because we need to make this comparison 5 times for every single operation on our most…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow hosting of frameworks like NextJS or Gatsby

Currently the hosting only supports static sites. Would be great if it allowed for hosting apps built with frameworks like NextJS or Gatsby.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow modifying Sync permissions without having to terminate it. Maybe pause instead ?

Currently only way to modify/add permissions to Sync is at the beginning or terminating it. It would great if we could modify/add them with Sync Running or at least only pause it to avoid downtime and deleting cache from sync.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Special variables and values

For example, I have a field called UpdatedAt which is a datetime field, I'd like to have it set to the system datetime of the server. If I use trigger to update the value of this field, then I will not be able to read the value right after the mutation completed. So I want to do something like ' Field: SYSTEMDATETIME', then the server side of GQL will translate SYSTEMDATETIME to the correct value.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to Reuse Types in Custom Resolver Schemas

We are in the process of migrating from a hand-implemented Apollo server to Mongo Realm, but are finding the inability to reuse types on custom resolvers to be a serious impediment.

For example, we have a number of custom resolvers that use the same type to define a temporal interval, but we cannot reuse that type in the arguments for our custom resolvers as Stitch will throw an error upon encountering those duplicated types. Additionally, many of these custom resolvers return the exact same type, but if we try to reuse that same type definition Stitch will throw errors about…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to query datalake / online archive

The new online archive is awesome.

What would be even better is if we could query the data it moves to S3 as part of our stitch/realm functions.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable Realm

It would be great to be able to disable a realm without deleting it. Currently, this is possible by unlinking the cluster or exporting the realm and deleting it. Both of which create more work when firing it back up.

It would also be amazing to be able to tie that in with billing alerts. Say I would rather my app crash than pay more than a certain amount because of Realm usage.

In essence, I'm asking for an "always free" Realm that just disables itself when the free tier has been hit so that I can be 100% certain…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Supporting backward compatibility

The requirement is backward compatibility. Let's say i have 3 apps from same family(i.e same app groups). These three apps access the same realm db using app group id.

For example - apps like gdrive, g docs and g sheet. All these app access/use the same db.

Similarly the app can use realm db and share the db with the app groups' apps.

as of now, If we update the main app's DB, we will have to set the new scheme version. if we set this, other apps will get crashed.

Note : Any changes in main app will need…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Cocoa SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Expose dbstats / stats in Functions

Add to the allowable MongoDB actions to be able query the database size, like: db.runCommand({ dbStats: 1, scale: 1 }) or by collection like db.sources.stats()

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Realm Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Availability of Args in Function Context

Not sure if this is do-able already or not. Couldn't find documentation.

I have a function that looks like

exports = function(dbName, collectionName, pipeline){...

I want to be able to access the arguments sent to the function in the Can Evaluate JSON expression.

I assumed it might work like

{

&quot;%%args.dbName&quot;: &quot;eflex-test&quot;

}

but that doesn't seem to work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Access to %%args in Filters

Allow the access to %%args in filters. This would make it possible to make the apply_when of filters more dynamic by accessing the incoming queries. As of now, filters are completely static due not having access to any incoming information.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base